Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Potential future members
Bookmark and Share
8993 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
Potential future members
So, if we had to make a list of potential future members, both football and non-football, who would you include?

For me, it'd be the following:
- East Tennessee State University: close travel partner for App State, brings in a new market, brings Tennessee back into the fold, starting up a new football program with plans for a new stadium, good endowment
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga: strong football program, close-ish travel partner for App State, brings in a new market, brings Tennessee back into the fold, nice stadium, decent endowment
- College of Charleston/Citadel: brings in a new market, great endowments, brings South Carolina into the fold, beautiful school and city, travel destination for many
- Kennesaw State University: starting up new football program, another school in the footprint, okay endowment, larger school
05-18-2014 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
RE: Potential future members
(05-18-2014 02:28 PM)rknj8993 Wrote:  So, if we had to make a list of potential future members, both football and non-football, who would you include?

- East Tennessee State University: close travel partner for App State, brings in a new market, brings Tennessee back into the fold, starting up a new football program with plans for a new stadium, good endowment
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga: strong football program, close-ish travel partner for App State, brings in a new market, brings Tennessee back into the fold, nice stadium, decent endowment
- College of Charleston/Citadel: brings in a new market, great endowments, brings South Carolina into the fold, beautiful school and city, travel destination for many
- Kennesaw State University: starting up new football program, another school in the footprint, okay endowment, larger school

Seriously? Another thread on this?
05-18-2014 02:39 PM
ATX Bobcat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Texas State
I would keep an eye on the Tennessee schools. I don't think Kennesaw State has a chance based on what i've heard the fans from the Georgia schools say. I think alot depends on the stadium that ETSU decides to build, and what kind of support they get this time around.
05-18-2014 02:43 PM
ARSTATEFAN1986 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas State
(05-18-2014 02:43 PM)ATX Bobcat Wrote:  I would keep an eye on the Tennessee schools. I don't think Kennesaw State has a chance based on what i've heard the fans from the Georgia schools say. I think alot depends on the stadium that ETSU decides to build, and what kind of support they get this time around.

Surely it is EKU instead of ETSU that is meant.
05-18-2014 02:49 PM
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Texas-Arlington
Missouri State
Eastern Kentucky
Southern Illinois
North Northeastern Michigan School of Cosmetology
05-18-2014 03:01 PM
Dman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: APP STATE
(05-18-2014 02:28 PM)rknj8993 Wrote:  So, if we had to make a list of potential future members, both football and non-football, who would you include?

No way.
05-18-2014 03:04 PM
Advertisement

wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Liberty
05-18-2014 03:13 PM
DawggoneEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Potential future members
I wouldn't pass off Kennesaw State, lots of money in Cobb Co.,GA. The Braves are moving up there, KSU is looking at a merger with Southern Polytechnic in Marietta bringing in more students and a really good applied engineering school. It'll top thirty thousand if that plan is finally approved. I wouldn't be surprised to see them come up with a better plan on a venue. They have already sold naming rights to the stadium to 5th/3rd Bank. The stadium itself was built for women's soccer, seats about 8,000 but I've read where it is expandable to 20K.
Just my opinion, with the new Braves stadium, and KSU starting football up the road, sports boom coming soon to Cobb Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-18-2014 03:24 PM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
(05-18-2014 03:01 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  Texas-Arlington
Missouri State
Eastern Kentucky
Southern Illinois

No, I heard North Northeastern Michigan School of Cosmetology is holding out for an invite from CUSA or the MAC.
05-18-2014 03:28 PM
Godzilla Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST
I think we stay at 11 until we convince an existing FBS team to make the switch. I just don't see them adding another FCS team until the ones they have make a name for themselves.
05-18-2014 03:38 PM
ATX Bobcat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Texas State
(05-18-2014 03:38 PM)Godzilla Wrote:  I think we stay at 11 until we convince an existing FBS team to make the switch. I just don't see them adding another FCS team until the ones they have make a name for themselves.

Very likely. However, i don't think that will take a very long time. App St. and Georgia Southern will become quality programs and really help the belt sooner rather than later. I dont give much credence to the idea that being FCS means a bad option. There are plenty of FCS schools that i would rather see in FBS then quite a few current FBS schools.
05-18-2014 03:51 PM
Advertisement

carolinaknights Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rutgers / South
UMass FB only until something better comes along. Back fill UMass later if and when the AAC calls them up. NMST for all sports now will even things out for BB and the Olympic Sports.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2014 04:17 PM by carolinaknights.)
05-18-2014 04:16 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(05-18-2014 03:28 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  
Missouri State
Eastern Kentucky
Southern Illinois

No, I heard North Northeastern Michigan School of Cosmetology is holding out for an invite from CUSA or the MAC.
Sounds like a make up school.
[Image: tuld.gif]
05-18-2014 04:17 PM
MJG Offline
1st String

I Root For: U I , UMich, SC
(05-18-2014 03:28 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  
Missouri State
Eastern Kentucky
Southern Illinois

NNMSC is to much like JMU
05-18-2014 04:36 PM
JbirdGata Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GA Southern

I would say no to KSU for the same reason most didn't want Jacksonville State. 3 programs in the same state, and in this case georgia state and KSU are right down the road...
05-18-2014 04:48 PM
PanAz Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Georgia State
Southern Miss.

/thread
05-18-2014 05:19 PM
Advertisement

BlueBird10 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia Southern
Kennesaw State has already been approved to absorb Southern Polytechnic and the consolidation will be complete by Fall 2015 so they will have 30+ thousand students but I do not support them moving to FBS because as another poster stated there is already one too many FBS schools in this state (looking at you GaSt 03-nutkick).
05-18-2014 05:21 PM
Eagleditka Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS Eagles
Potential future members
I'm going to omit JMU assuming the SBC doesn't try to add them a third time. Liberty too might never get in. In terms of likelyhood for 2016 and beyond I think it looks like this:

Missouri St
Eastern Kentucky
Lamar
Liberty
Southern Illinois
Northern Iowa
Mercer
Kennesaw St
Chattanooga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-18-2014 05:28 PM
RoyK Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia
(05-18-2014 05:21 PM)GSU Eagle Wrote:  Kennesaw State has already been approved to absorb Southern Polytechnic and the consolidation will be complete by Fall 2015 so they will have 30+ thousand students but I do not support them moving to FBS because as another poster stated there is already one too many FBS schools in this state (looking at you GaSt 03-nutkick).

03-idea I think we got here first but who's countin 05-stirthepot
05-18-2014 06:27 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(05-18-2014 05:21 PM)GSU Eagle Wrote:  Kennesaw State has already been approved to absorb Southern Polytechnic and the consolidation will be complete by Fall 2015 so they will have 30+ thousand students but I do not support them moving to FBS because as another poster stated there is already one too many FBS schools in this state (looking at you GaSt 03-nutkick).

They will have 30k students and still be broke. They arent even starting football until 2015 because...they're broke. I am guessing that by the time the schools proposed on this thread are ready, we wont be around anyway.
05-19-2014 11:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.