Uniforms getting pub
05-03-2014 09:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Uniforms getting pub
Lol, sometimes I get a good laugh out of BR. he does realize we have more than one color scheme, right? Although I do agree with the oars on the helmets part.
05-03-2014 09:12 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
RE: Uniforms getting pub
(05-03-2014 09:12 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  Lol, sometimes I get a good laugh out of BR. he does realize we have more than one color scheme, right? Although I do agree with the oars on the helmets part.

I think he does realize. He mentions brown and gold and the black and gold.

I think he's right on the money with all his points here.
05-03-2014 10:49 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I don't agree with all of it. Thought the white and brown looked sharp.
05-03-2014 11:14 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I liked the brown unis from this past year (minus the RTB stuff) and all of combos looked sharp. I just wish they didn't have crap like oars on them.
05-03-2014 11:38 AM
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

Uniforms getting pub
(05-03-2014 10:49 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 09:12 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  Lol, sometimes I get a good laugh out of BR. he does realize we have more than one color scheme, right? Although I do agree with the oars on the helmets part.

He does, but he's saying we need to return to it, not that we still have it.
05-03-2014 11:38 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(05-03-2014 11:38 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  

He does, but he's saying we need to return to it, not that we still have it.

Jeeze. 03-phew
05-03-2014 11:41 AM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

Uniforms getting pub
Either way, I still don't like the oars on the uniforms
05-03-2014 11:41 AM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
Row the boat, baby! I'm all for inspirational quotes and having a theme for a program, but seriously, keep those things away from the football uniforms.

With youthful head coach P.J. Fleck (33 years old) coming to Western Michigan last year, some things were bound to change. Fleck chose to go with a motto of "Row the boat" upon his hiring and took it beyond the meaning when applying to the helmets and uniforms as well.

It would be one thing if the Broncos were named the Oarsmen or something boating related, but nothing about a Bronco screams rowing a boat. So, when oars were on one side of WMU's helmets and numbers on the other, one doesn't have to wonder why there was much confusion and intrigue.

Sure, it's a sleek way to market the program, but it made for awful uniforms in 2013. Plus there's nothing more boring than all-white uniforms with brown lettering. Thanks for making us want to fall asleep watching you last year—on the field and with your uniforms.

Here's hoping the oars never appear again on a Broncos helmet and that there is a return to gold and brown or black for WMU in its near future.
05-03-2014 02:17 PM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Everything Fleck did in his first year was "over the top" because he sold administration on his vision of tearing down the program and rebuilding from bottom up.

Including "Nexton Neon Night" and DJ at games to supposedly bring in students, and keep them there.

We are stuck with the "Row the Boat" and oars stuff until he either wins big and moves on, or flames out and gets fired.

Apparently he and staff have recruited very well.

Now they have to prove they can do their Number One job - which is coach - and win.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 03:15 PM by MajorHoople.)
05-03-2014 02:42 PM
anthonybronco Offline
1st String

I completely agree with the BR article...

Boat rowing and horses have nothing in common. (A for effort Coach, but geez...)

Boat oars as stickers for the helmets are ok -- it's a team thing so if it gets them motivated, that's fine for me...

But I'd like my Alma Mater to dial back the football uniforms...

There's certainly a happy medium of tasteful modern and strong traditional that can work just fine on the field.

And by the way, I'm getting a little tired of black across all Western athletics.

A sharp combination of black Brown and Gold is fine... but let's stop ignoring Brown shall we? Last I checked, Brown was 50 percent of our school colors.

When Sparty comes to Waldo next year and all those fans scream their traditional "Go Green, Go White" what are we going to scream in response? "Go Random Color, Go Gold"?

Let's make it easy... just change the words to our Alma Mater and be done with it...

And a one and a two... (to be sung to the tune of the WMU Alma Mater...)

"Western we sing to you, same colors as Purdue and Wake Forest and Vanderbilt, and Central Florida and Colorado and Iowa and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and St. Olaf College"

"Western we bring to you faith untold -- with the exemption of brown as we have no faith in that color because some folks say it can't be marketed to young adults."

"You challenge and inspire, but only if everyone is wearing black"

"Your hope is our desire, well not really because the color brown scares people away even though Wyoming and Valpo do just fine"

"We sing to you our Alma Mater (insert color here) and Gold!!!"
05-03-2014 03:46 PM
anthonybronco Offline
1st String

(05-03-2014 02:42 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Everything Fleck did in his first year was "over the top" because he sold administration on his vision of tearing down the program and rebuilding from bottom up.

Including "Nexton Neon Night" and DJ at games to supposedly bring in students, and keep them there.

We are stuck with the "Row the Boat" and oars stuff until he either wins big and moves on, or flames out and gets fired.

Apparently he and staff have recruited very well.

Now they have to prove they can do their Number One job - which is coach - and win.

^ What he said!!!
05-03-2014 03:55 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

03-lmfao
(05-03-2014 03:46 PM)anthonybronco Wrote:  

Boat rowing and horses have nothing in common. (A for effort Coach, but geez...)

Boat oars as stickers for the helmets are ok -- it's a team thing so if it gets them motivated, that's fine for me...

There's certainly a happy medium of tasteful modern and strong traditional that can work just fine on the field.

And by the way, I'm getting a little tired of black across all Western athletics.

A sharp combination of black Brown and Gold is fine... but let's stop ignoring Brown shall we? Last I checked, Brown was 50 percent of our school colors.

When Sparty comes to Waldo next year and all those fans scream their traditional "Go Green, Go White" what are we going to scream in response? "Go Random Color, Go Gold"?

Let's make it easy... just change the words to our Alma Mater and be done with it...

"Western we sing to you, same colors as Purdue and Wake Forest and Vanderbilt, and Central Florida and Colorado and Iowa and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and St. Olaf College"

"Western we bring to you faith untold -- with the exemption of brown as we have no faith in that color because some folks say it can't be marketed to young adults."

"Your hope is our desire, well not really because the color brown scares people away even though Wyoming and Valpo do just fine"

03-lmfao

01-ncaabbs
05-03-2014 04:55 PM
Advertisement

Broncobelt Offline
All American

We have bigger problems than worrying about dumb oars on the helmet (as much as I dislike them).
05-04-2014 08:08 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

Uniforms getting pub
Yeah, but it's the offseason and this is what fans do in the offseason.
05-04-2014 08:28 PM
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BetterCall Saul

[/quote]

Best thing I have read on this entire thread.....
05-05-2014 08:42 AM
DrDavis Offline
2nd String

Quote:Posted by anthonybronco - 05-03-2014 03:46 PM

(05-03-2014 09:12 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote: Lol, sometimes I get a good laugh out of BR. he does realize we have more than one color scheme, right? Although I do agree with the oars on the helmets part.

Too funny! But, what do you REALLY think about brown???

My personal vote is for PURPLE. Purple and gold, the color of royalty. We can change our name to the Western Michigan Queens or Kings.
05-05-2014 01:02 PM
Advertisement

stdatwmu Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
04-cheers for Alma Mater v2.0!
05-06-2014 01:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmufanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: cmu chippewas
(05-03-2014 11:14 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  I don't agree with all of it. Thought the white and brown looked sharp.

i liked them as well 04-cheers
05-07-2014 08:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.