Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FBS Leadership at ETSU?
Bookmark and Share
BucSinceTheSixties Away
Special Teams

I Root For: Bucs
FBS Leadership at ETSU?
This http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs#/detail/6163088/5,false job was just posted on NCAA Market site. It's advertising for a Senior Associate Athletic Director and Chief Financial Officer here at E.T.S.U. There's a couple of lines in the ad that really caught my attention:

"The Senior Associate Athletic Director/CFO in coordination with the Athletic Director and the Senior Associate Athletic Director/COO will assure the strategic allocation of resources based on Athletic Department priorities."

and

"Preferred Qualifications: Five (5) years experience at a FBS institution."

FBS? Athletic Department priorities? FBS? Hmmm . . .
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2014 12:56 AM by BucSinceTheSixties.)
04-25-2014 12:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
RE: FBS Leadership at ETSU?
I wondered who would find this and post it first. Very interesting post.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
04-25-2014 09:12 AM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
(04-25-2014 12:51 AM)BucSinceTheSixties Wrote:  This http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs#/detail/6163088/5,false job was just posted on NCAA Market site. It's advertising for a Senior Associate Athletic Director and Chief Financial Officer here at E.T.S.U. There's a couple of lines in the ad that really caught my attention:

"The Senior Associate Athletic Director/CFO in coordination with the Athletic Director and the Senior Associate Athletic Director/COO will assure the strategic allocation of resources based on Athletic Department priorities."

and

"Preferred Qualifications: Five (5) years experience at a FBS institution."

FBS? Athletic Department priorities? FBS? Hmmm . . .

I think it may show that Dr. Noland is looking down the road to really moving ETSU up. Better to think big than to think small!
04-25-2014 09:40 AM
LetsgoBucs Offline
Special Teams

I wonder where the money is coming from for the senior administration? Sander is making $117k more than Mullins did ($237k) and Scott Carter is making $121k (what Mullins made). I would assume this new position would be similar in salary to Carter's. That's about $360k in additional salaries for three senior administrators alone.
04-28-2014 10:16 PM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(04-28-2014 10:16 PM)LetsgoBucs Wrote:  I wonder where the money is coming from for the senior administration? Sander is making $117k more than Mullins did ($237k) and Scott Carter is making $121k (what Mullins made). I would assume this new position would be similar in salary to Carter's. That's about $360k in additional salaries for three senior administrators alone.

Along with Fulmer, this should start translating into some rather significant athletic funds to start flowing in. Remember there was that phony athletic capital campaign under the previous administration that was to raise near $100 million for athletics. Well, the days of phony campaigns are over and it's time for the real deal to commence. Time for the boys to start earning their pay.
04-29-2014 12:13 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

(04-28-2014 10:16 PM)LetsgoBucs Wrote:  I wonder where the money is coming from for the senior administration? Sander is making $117k more than Mullins did ($237k) and Scott Carter is making $121k (what Mullins made). I would assume this new position would be similar in salary to Carter's. That's about $360k in additional salaries for three senior administrators alone.

General budget or maybe the endowment?
I'm sure some of it is covered from the wildebeast getting put out to pasture, but still.
And yea, it's time to see some large scale corporate partnerships and money coming in to get things done.
04-29-2014 01:48 PM
Advertisement

bucgal Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: etsu /usc/uga
Its also time for all the 'fans' to ante up. Where are the professed football fans donations? I asked this question before. How many on this this board have donated to the 'Kick Off Fund'? I never saw any replies, but I see the constant call for Corporate and 'Big' donor money.

Its easy to bang on your keyboard. Actions speak louder than words.
04-29-2014 04:19 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I think most who can, have. Theres been multiple times people have responded on here about their donations.
And yea, fans/alums and former players alike are gonna have to chip in.

04-29-2014 07:34 PM
PreseasonChamps Offline
Bench Warmer

FBS Leadership at ETSU?
We have also seen people on here say they would be willing to buy bball season tickets if the BASA requirement was dropped. It was dropped. How many of those fans purchased tickets?

04-30-2014 06:53 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

It's a great question for discussion. For me, I'll realistically probably never have basketball season tickets. I have no intention of ever moving back to the Tri-Cities (though never say never), so for me it doesn't make sense. Once I'm back into the world of a job that pays dollars and not personal satisfaction of raising responsible citizens, then for me the donations will come. The same as my wife will start giving back to her alma mater as well.
I think it's reasonable to say not everyone can give 1000 bucks a year, especially in the Tri-Cities. The median income just isn't there. I think it's where these GameTime Tour stops have to produce results, and they've got to get to Nashville to the alumni base that's here. While the regional stops are nice, Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte, Roanoke, DC, Raleigh have got to be pushed as well. Hit the places where alums have relocated to for better incomes. It's time to expand the grassroots.
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 09:24 AM by Buccaneerlover.)
04-30-2014 09:17 AM
etsualumni00 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(04-30-2014 09:17 AM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  It's a great question for discussion. For me, I'll realistically probably never have basketball season tickets. I have no intention of ever moving back to the Tri-Cities (though never say never), so for me it doesn't make sense. Once I'm back into the world of a job that pays dollars and not personal satisfaction of raising responsible citizens, then for me the donations will come. The same as my wife will start giving back to her alma mater as well.
I think it's reasonable to say not everyone can give 1000 bucks a year, especially in the Tri-Cities. The median income just isn't there. I think it's where these GameTime Tour stops have to produce results, and they've got to get to Nashville to the alumni base that's here. While the regional stops are nice, Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte, Roanoke, DC, Raleigh have got to be pushed as well. Hit the places where alums have relocated to for better incomes. It's time to expand the grassroots.

Sounds like if you moved there for a better income, you oughta move back LOL!
04-30-2014 09:15 PM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

(04-30-2014 09:15 PM)etsualumni00 Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 09:17 AM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  It's a great question for discussion. For me, I'll realistically probably never have basketball season tickets. I have no intention of ever moving back to the Tri-Cities (though never say never), so for me it doesn't make sense. Once I'm back into the world of a job that pays dollars and not personal satisfaction of raising responsible citizens, then for me the donations will come. The same as my wife will start giving back to her alma mater as well.

Sounds like if you moved there for a better income, you oughta move back LOL!

I got downsized after an odd string of business moves made it better for my previous employer to have four part timers instead of two full timers. Getting downsized in the midst of an economic recession sucks ass, and now with Mister, Major and what I hope is a little volleyball player or member of the women's tennis team on the way in October, working a paying job doesn't pay for me. It's just the perfect storm between the Mrs. making six figures and having to deal with the cost of daycare here.
Plus, unless she could work remotely there's not a job in the Tri-Cities in her field that pays what she makes with the benefits she has and the ability to easily grow. But that goes back to the whole reason so many keep leaving.
At any rate, in about 2 more years, my donations will start flowing in.
05-01-2014 10:24 AM
etsubuc Offline
All American

(04-30-2014 06:53 AM)PreseasonChamps Wrote:  We have also seen people on here say they would be willing to buy bball season tickets if the BASA requirement was dropped. It was dropped. How many of those fans purchased tickets?

I did. And I made the BASA donation, but would have done neither if it were still required.

Also, I made a donation (although small in comparison to what I hope others are able to do) to the Kickoff Fund. I intended to do this annually, but have put that on hold until I see some progress. As far as the basketball tickets go, I will wait and see where they want to put me next season. If it is in the upper deck of Freedom Hall, I will not renew those tickets.

I know many people think that the only way you can be a fan is to unconditionally give them money. But that is silly, the only vote I have in anything is my money- and you have to give me something to get excited about to get my money. Playing football at a high school stadium or on campus with a track does not get me excited, nor does being in the top level at Freedom Hall.
05-01-2014 12:12 PM
bucgal Offline
Bench Warmer

You choose where you sit. First class, business class or coach, its your money.

Science Hill or Kingsport were the only choices until stadium is built.

There will be no track in the new football stadium. No track...No track.
05-01-2014 11:47 PM
etsubuc Offline
All American

Hope your right about the track.

My tickets were very good in the Dome, very bad in Freedom Hall. If they stick with that or try to make me pay extra to sit in the lower section, I will listen to Jay instead. My money.

You are also right about us having no choice until the stadium is built. I will attend the first game at Science Hill, then the games on-campus. Not going to pay my money to watch us at a high school stadium for more than the first game.
05-02-2014 09:44 PM
Bucc18 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: East Tennessee
I'll attend every game I can at Freedom Hall to support our team.

I'm going to watch some club football this fall, and will attend every game I can after that be it at Science Hill or a cow pasture in Telford, to support our team.

I'm not hard to please. I do believe that one day there will be a PAC, football stadium and on campus basketball arena.

After over a decade without, I'm just too happy football is back. I just can't complain, and I'm very patient.
05-03-2014 09:33 AM
Advertisement

BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
(05-02-2014 09:44 PM)etsubuc Wrote:  Hope your right about the track.

My tickets were very good in the Dome, very bad in Freedom Hall. If they stick with that or try to make me pay extra to sit in the lower section, I will listen to Jay instead. My money.

You are also right about us having no choice until the stadium is built. I will attend the first game at Science Hill, then the games on-campus. Not going to pay my money to watch us at a high school stadium for more than the first game.

Atta boy, ETSU needs more fans like you 07-coffee3
05-03-2014 09:49 AM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
The AD was very clear in emails regarding games in Freedom Hall when season ticket holders were displaced to the upper deck. Every season ticket holder who contacted athletics were given better seats for the next game. So please etsubuc, get past that.

As far as the stadium goes, there's no choice, simple as that, unless you want it to go back in the dome, which I think is a bad move but I'm sure you can argue about it. I think putting a new football team back in a stadium in which it previously failed is asking for trouble for the future of the program.

Patience is something the fan base needs to acquire, but some will not be, and complain about the fact athletics can't raise money fast enough so they won't donate any money.... which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
05-03-2014 09:51 AM
bucgal Offline
Bench Warmer

My family will attend every football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball, etc. as possible. We give no thought of not going because of the venue.

My family will contribute what we can and will purchase the best possible seating that we can afford with no thought of, 'if I can't have the best for less, I won't go'.

Reading the recent emails on this topic tells me many on this board and many that read this board will do the same.

My family wants to see better facilities for all sports, faculty, students and fans.

We can't wait to see the addition of football, shows in the PAC, outdoor track, and the SoCon teams.

There are true fans and there are bandwagon fans, its your choice.
05-03-2014 06:35 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(05-03-2014 06:35 PM)bucgal Wrote:  My family will attend every football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, softball, etc. as possible. We give no thought of not going because of the venue.

My family will contribute what we can and will purchase the best possible seating that we can afford with no thought of, 'if I can't have the best for less, I won't go'.

Reading the recent emails on this topic tells me many on this board and many that read this board will do the same.

My family wants to see better facilities for all sports, faculty, students and fans.

We can't wait to see the addition of football, shows in the PAC, outdoor track, and the SoCon teams.

There are true fans and there are bandwagon fans, its your choice.

100% Ditto.
05-03-2014 09:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.