Cantwell vs Simms
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE
Cantwell vs Simms
IF Bromh leaves at the end of this year
IF Simms has the senior year we hope he will
IF Hunter continues to improve
If you were the coach, what would you do?

I know, I know...just enjoy this year...but I can't help looking foreward.
09-21-2006 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Re: Cantwell vs Simms
cardtopper Wrote:IF Bromh leaves at the end of this year
IF Simms has the senior year we hope he will
IF Hunter continues to improve
If you were the coach, what would you do?

I know, I know...just enjoy this year...but I can't help looking foreward.

Quick correction for ya, it is B-R-O-H-M not Bromh.

Hunter Cantwell has already played against 2 of the best defenses in the Country in Miami and VPI and played well considering the circumstances.

Also and I agree with Coach Petrino on this but I feel he has a NFL future if he continues to work hard and study. Cantwell is 6-5 230 pounds with a very live arm. His arm is stronger and IMO more accurate then Brohm. What Brohm has on Cantwell is Brohm uncanny ability to read a defense and Brohm is more mobile.

Simms will be a Freshman next year and is skinny as a rail. He needs and Simms has said so himself a year to redshirt, bulk up and get use to college life. Simms will take over when Hunter leaves in 2008 but you could see something similar to what you saw with LeFors and Brohm.
09-21-2006 09:36 AM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

I like it with the H last...you think maybe I could talk the family into correcting their spelling....Uuuum. Your assessment of the situation is on point in my opinion. I think Simms (and his family) were talking redshirt because they felt Bromh would still be here for his senior year...do you think they would feel the same if he left early? Especially if Simms has an All American type senior season.
09-21-2006 09:45 AM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

cardtopper Wrote:I like it with the H last...you think maybe I could talk the family into correcting their spelling....Uuuum. Your assessment of the situation is on point in my opinion. I think Simms (and his family) were talking redshirt because they felt Bromh would still be here for his senior year...do you think they would feel the same if he left early? Especially if Simms has an All American type senior season.

I think Phil is pretty smart and he probably realized that UofL had a very good QB behind Brohm when they came and watched the Spring Practices.

What Bobby probably told him is that they could do a deal like Jeff Brohm had with Schnellenberger and Browning Nagle and with LeFor and Brian 2 years ago. Simms is not going to beat out a very talented Senior QB with IMO a NFL future if he works hard.
09-21-2006 09:53 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Simms is already planning on redshirting.
09-21-2006 10:20 AM
Advertisement

CardFan636 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: "TBCSTIA"

Maize Wrote:
cardtopper Wrote:I like it with the H last...you think maybe I could talk the family into correcting their spelling....Uuuum. Your assessment of the situation is on point in my opinion. I think Simms (and his family) were talking redshirt because they felt Bromh would still be here for his senior year...do you think they would feel the same if he left early? Especially if Simms has an All American type senior season.

I think Phil is pretty smart and he probably realized that UofL had a very good QB behind Brohm when they came and watched the Spring Practices.

What Bobby probably told him is that they could do a deal like Jeff Brohm had with Schnellenberger and Browning Nagle and with LeFor and Brian 2 years ago. Simms is not going to beat out a very talented Senior QB with IMO a NFL future if he works hard.

Cantwell is just a sophomore now.
09-21-2006 09:11 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

Like L-Yes said Simms is redshirting next year and by the time he is able to play Cantwell will be a Senior.
09-21-2006 09:37 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

I wouldn't consider VT or Miami some of the best defenses in the country. Those are in the SEC (Auburn, LSU, and Georgia). ACC teams have a long way to go to match up to those defenses.
09-22-2006 08:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

bitcruncher Wrote:I wouldn't consider VT or Miami some of the best defenses in the country. Those are in the SEC (Auburn, LSU, and Georgia). ACC teams have a long way to go to match up to those defenses.

Going into the Gator Bowl VPI was rated the Number 1 Defense in the nation. VPI and Miami for the past few years had some of the Top 10 Defenses in the country and many of their guys are now in the NFL.
09-22-2006 09:16 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

bitcruncher Wrote:I wouldn't consider VT or Miami some of the best defenses in the country. Those are in the SEC (Auburn, LSU, and Georgia). ACC teams have a long way to go to match up to those defenses.

It must be a fad to crap on anyone we compete with or beat.

VT as Maize noted was probably the best defense in the country last year.
09-22-2006 10:01 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.