Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Now I know why Oklalittledixie doesn't want those under 30 to be able to vote
dmacfour Offline
All American

I Root For: Idaho Vandals
Now I know why Oklalittledixie doesn't want those under 30 to be able to vote
Quote:Today, 61% of Republicans and Republican leaners under 30 favor same-sex marriage while just 35% oppose it. By contrast, just 27% of Republicans ages 50 and older favor allowing gays and lesbians to marry.

05-stirthepot

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...-marriage/
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 04:36 PM by dmacfour.)
03-10-2014 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: Now I know why Oklalittledixie doesn't want those under 30 to be able to vote
So you wait until he's banned to post something like this?
03-10-2014 04:41 PM
dmacfour Offline
All American

RE: Now I know why Oklalittledixie doesn't want those under 30 to be able to vote
(03-10-2014 04:41 PM)gdunn Wrote:  So you wait until he's banned to post something like this?

I didn't know he was banned. No wonder it's been so quiet. What was he banned for?
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 04:45 PM by dmacfour.)
03-10-2014 04:43 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
It looks like he went over to the CUSA board, stalking one of the USM fans, and acted like he does on this board. He got sent away pretty quick.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 05:05 PM by GrayBeard.)
03-10-2014 05:05 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(03-10-2014 04:35 PM)dmacfour Wrote:  
Quote:Today, 61% of Republicans and Republican leaners under 30 favor same-sex marriage while just 35% oppose it. By contrast, just 27% of Republicans ages 50 and older favor allowing gays and lesbians to marry.

05-stirthepot

This is just more proof that the left's indoctrination of young minds can't be stopped.
03-10-2014 05:09 PM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(03-10-2014 05:09 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

05-stirthepot

This is just more proof that the left's indoctrination of young minds can't be stopped.

Actually, no, it's not. The whole point is that even young people that VOTE REPUBLICAN are absolutely and completely perplexed by the animosity of older people toward gay marriage. (I'm a little older than 30, but I'm in the same boat.) If that doesn't tell you that anyone trying to push an anti-gay-marriage agenda is going to go the way of the dodo bird quickly from a political perspective, then you're being willfully blind to anything outside of an increasingly narrow corner of this country. This issue is over and social conservatives lost on it. The less that social conservatives talk about it, the better the prospects for Republicans on the issues that they can actually win on (taxes, size of the government, the economy) will be.
03-10-2014 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

G-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Truth & Justice
It is the nails in the coffin on Christian culture being the societal influence on this country.

Christian culture (regardless of whether you agree with it or not), was supported by the Founding Fathers as the right type of culture for the government to succeed. It prevailed for the first 175 years of this nation, and allowed the US to be the dominant global power. The Founding Fathers, although many of whom were not Christian Converts themselves-- (although many were), including some of the more predominant names, we reference as influencing our constitution, in spite of being agnostics and/or deists, believed and argued that the Christian morality of the majority of the citizens is what would keep the government in check.

Regardless of what you thought of the real Jerry Falwell, he was right that there used to be a "moral" majority. It's what made the country into what it was.

Removing public prayer, and legalizing abortion had already put the corpse in the coffin. Gay marriage drives the nails into it. We're making the country into an apathetic, anything goes society. And we'll reap the "rewards" of being a non-factor (some argument could be made we already are) geopolitically.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 06:00 PM by G-Man.)
03-10-2014 05:58 PM
dmacfour Offline
All American

(03-10-2014 05:58 PM)G-Man Wrote:  It is the nails in the coffin on Christian culture being the societal influence on this country.

Christian culture (regardless of whether you agree with it or not), was supported by the Founding Fathers as the right type of culture for the government to succeed. It prevailed for the first 175 years of this nation, and allowed the US to be the dominant global power. The Founding Fathers, although many of whom were not Christian Converts themselves-- (although many were), including some of the more predominant names, we reference as influencing our constitution, in spite of being agnostics and/or deists, believed and argued that the Christian morality of the majority of the citizens is what would keep the government in check.

Regardless of what you thought of the real Jerry Falwell, he was right that there used to be a "moral" majority. It's what made the country into what it was.

Removing public prayer, and legalizing abortion had already put the corpse in the coffin. Gay marriage drives the nails into it. We're making the country into an apathetic, anything goes society. And we'll reap the "rewards" of being a non-factor (some argument could be made we already are) geopolitically.

What do you mean by public prayer? Prayer being carried out by a public institution, or people praying in public? One of those two is perfectly okay.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 06:11 PM by dmacfour.)
03-10-2014 06:11 PM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
I think he means the former. The latter remains perfectly legal (despite many attempts to stop it).
03-10-2014 06:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(03-10-2014 05:58 PM)G-Man Wrote:  It is the nails in the coffin on Christian culture being the societal influence on this country.

No. You've been reading too much David Barton.

Our founding fathers chose a secular path for the country. Not a religious one.

Jerry Falwell was a clown, who did more to harm Christianity than he did to help the cause he was advocating.

Our society isn't 'anything goes' but rather a freedom based society where limits on freedom require something more than disapproval of some interpretations of a book.
03-10-2014 06:29 PM
dmacfour Offline
All American

(03-10-2014 06:21 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  I think he means the former. The latter remains perfectly legal (despite many attempts to stop it).

I was thinking that was the case. I'm not sure how public prayer can be justified given the way the supreme court has always interpreted the first amendment.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 06:32 PM by dmacfour.)
03-10-2014 06:32 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
[/quote]

No. You've been reading too much David Barton.

Our founding fathers chose a secular path for the country. Not a religious one.

Jerry Falwell was a clown, who did more to harm Christianity than he did to help the cause he was advocating.

Our society isn't 'anything goes' but rather a freedom based society where limits on freedom require something more than disapproval of some interpretations of a book.
[/quote]

Well, not believing in that "book" is no concern to me if you're adamant about it. Look my friend whether you believe or not is not important we all will die at some point and you "WILL" find out whether those espousing it's contents were right or wrong. I'm a Christian so I don't think I have to tell you what side of that fence I'm on. So go ahead and keep thinking that you're this wise, open, free thinking individual. You'll find out soon enough. Unfortunately, you'll find out and you'll wish that you had listened.

There are many Christians on this site that have tried to no avail to let you see that you're wrong but you prefer not to. And that's where we've left you and it really doesn't matter at this point. WE all have free will and the consequences of not believing is your choice. We all will have an eternity, it just depends on you which eternity you choose. 03-yawn
03-10-2014 07:01 PM
Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland

The US is still 78% Christian. I'm not sure what massive shift of religions you're referring to.

[Image: major_religious_traditions.gif]
03-10-2014 07:13 PM
Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
(03-10-2014 07:01 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Well, not believing in that "book" is no concern to me if you're adamant about it. Look my friend whether you believe or not is not important we all will die at some point and you "WILL" find out whether those espousing it's contents were right or wrong. I'm a Christian so I don't think I have to tell you what side of that fence I'm on. So go ahead and keep thinking that you're this wise, open, free thinking individual. You'll find out soon enough. Unfortunately, you'll find out and you'll wish that you had listened.

There are many Christians on this site that have tried to no avail to let you see that you're wrong but you prefer not to. And that's where we've left you and it really doesn't matter at this point. WE all have free will and the consequences of not believing is your choice. We all will have an eternity, it just depends on you which eternity you choose. 03-yawn

As someone who has wrestled with religion (as most people should if they've really thought about it), this is the worst possible response you could offer if you want anyone to actually consider what you have to say. At least you didn't end it with "I'll be praying for you."
03-10-2014 07:21 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I think Dixie was referring to other stuff when he made the comment.
03-10-2014 07:23 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(03-10-2014 05:22 PM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 05:09 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

05-stirthepot

Actually, no, it's not. The whole point is that even young people that VOTE REPUBLICAN are absolutely and completely perplexed by the animosity of older people toward gay marriage. (I'm a little older than 30, but I'm in the same boat.) If that doesn't tell you that anyone trying to push an anti-gay-marriage agenda is going to go the way of the dodo bird quickly from a political perspective, then you're being willfully blind to anything outside of an increasingly narrow corner of this country. This issue is over and social conservatives lost on it. The less that social conservatives talk about it, the better the prospects for Republicans on the issues that they can actually win on (taxes, size of the government, the economy) will be.

Frank, I should have been more clear (consequences of typing on a phone)

30 or more years ago people didn't discuss abortions - the girl just went away can came back and no one ever knew. Today there's a clinic on every corner and killing babies is now disguised as "women's health." That's what 30+ years of indoctrination did.

30 or more years ago the gay uncle you might have was kept in the closet and everyone just referred to him as an oddball. Today your uncle is out of the closet, marching in parades, and demanding cakes from bakeries. That's what 30+ years of indoctrination did.

30 or more years ago we all had to say the Pledge in school, today it's optional. That's what 30+ years of indoctrination did.

30 or more years ago there was a nativity scene in most/many city halls. Today they're frowned upon. That's what 30+ years of indoctrination did.

30 or more years ago we only had a handful of true offensive words. Today there are far too many to list and that list is growing. That's what 30+ years of indoctrination did.

30 or more years ago people in this country illegally were referred to as illegal aliens. Today they're called undocumented immigrants, undocumented workers, and citizens of the future. That's what 30+ years of indoctrination did.

30 or more years ago people didn't want unemployment insurance, food stamps, and Welfare if they were able to work. Today that IS the form of work for far too many people and the left is fine with it. That's what 30+ years of indoctrination did.

30 or more years ago kiddie baseball teams had winners and losers. Today there are no losers and both teams win. That's what 30+ years of indoctrination did.

Ya have to give credit to the left - for decades they nibbled around the edges to make things that were once unacceptable acceptable.
03-10-2014 07:43 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(03-10-2014 07:21 PM)Hitch Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 07:01 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Well, not believing in that "book" is no concern to me if you're adamant about it. Look my friend whether you believe or not is not important we all will die at some point and you "WILL" find out whether those espousing it's contents were right or wrong. I'm a Christian so I don't think I have to tell you what side of that fence I'm on. So go ahead and keep thinking that you're this wise, open, free thinking individual. You'll find out soon enough. Unfortunately, you'll find out and you'll wish that you had listened.

As someone who has wrestled with religion (as most people should if they've really thought about it), this is the worst possible response you could offer if you want anyone to actually consider what you have to say. At least you didn't end it with "I'll be praying for you."

Hitch, maybe that's the problem. You're wrestling with "religion" don't go fighting it, just try making friends with Jesus.

Look, Hitch, I know where you're coming from. I won't say that I didn't love Jesus at an early age, I did. I just favored not to obey Him. I'd rather not follow because I'd rather do those things that I shouldn't. It was more fun. 03-wink When Paul said that he was the king of sinners I hadn't been born yet otherwise he would have said, "oh boy, you got me there". I still sin of course but I'm not close to what I used to be. But I "know" that God forgives because "that" book told me he would. And I believe "that" book.

"God created man, man created religion."

Author unknown.
03-10-2014 08:19 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(03-10-2014 07:23 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I think Dixie was referring to other stuff when he made the comment.

i have the misfortune of knowing much longer than anyone else on this board.

he has consistently fingered gay marriage as a reason why those under 30 can't vote. his rationale behind it is (and i am paraphrasing here) "they have their priorities messed up by focusing on social issue's and not the economy."

remember this is the same dude who thinks macbook computers are "too liberal" for him
03-10-2014 10:21 PM
tigertom Offline
"Illegitimus Non Tatum Carborundum"

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
(03-10-2014 07:21 PM)Hitch Wrote:  

As an aside, are you in Washington DC or Washington State? Both are pretty strange places but one is particularly strange around the sound in WA State.

I'm thinking of you. Thanks.
03-10-2014 11:52 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(03-10-2014 10:21 PM)john01992 Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 07:23 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I think Dixie was referring to other stuff when he made the comment.

i have the misfortune of knowing much longer than anyone else on this board.

he has consistently fingered gay marriage as a reason why those under 30 can't vote. his rationale behind it is (and i am paraphrasing here) "they have their priorities messed up by focusing on social issue's and not the economy."

remember this is the same dude who thinks macbook computers are "too liberal" for him

I believe you meant to say, "those under 30 shouldn't vote".
03-11-2014 12:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.