Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Article Hatred of UL Becoming Obsessive?
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
Article Hatred of UL Becoming Obsessive?
lmfao Having to deal with UK fans in Cincinnati this article really had me laughing! I hope you Cards fans enjoy!

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/spo...569698.htm

[quote]If you spent more time last Sunday thinking of ways to downgrade Louisville football's signature win over Miami than time celebrating Kentucky football's significant win over Mississippi, you may have OCD.
09-21-2006 08:39 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote: If you continue to insist that Kentucky leads the season series with Louisville in football, based on six UK wins from 1912 to 1924, you may have OCD.

lmfao lmfao lmfao .....that's classic

Jackson
09-21-2006 08:53 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia

Jackson1011 Wrote:
Quote: If you continue to insist that Kentucky leads the season series with Louisville in football, based on six UK wins from 1912 to 1924, you may have OCD.

Jackson
I agree. That is funny.

But my wife heard "I hate Joe B. Hall" umpteen million times when she came down to the University of Tennessee to get her Master's degree after getting her Bachelor's at UK. So I guess it all evens out eventually.
09-21-2006 09:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

"If you cheer wildly whenever they announce the Louisville score, and Louisville is losing, you may have OCD."

This does not happen very often anymore (in football, at least)
09-21-2006 09:14 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

The funny thing is I know Kentucky fans that happen to be friends of mine that are exactly like that. What John Clay wrote may be tongue in cheek but it is damn true in this state.
09-21-2006 09:45 AM
Advertisement

L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

The best part of the article is reading the whiney UK reader comments at the bottom.
09-21-2006 10:25 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Jackson1011 Wrote:

Jackson

It is classic, but widely said. It is honestly the last string of hope for UK fans in the series right now. I've been told "well, we still lead the series" several times over the last few weeks. UK just demolished UofL in those 6 games held 80 or 90 years ago. In fact UofL didn't even score in those 6 games.

Add in that 6-0 start, and UK holds the series lead 10 to 9 currently. The plan is that hopefully after next year they can't claim the series lead, even counting 90 years ago!

----------------------------------
And oh boy do stories expressing reality tee off the Big Blew fans. They just hate that their hometown paper refuses to act like UofL is bad, to the tune of 150+ online comments on this article. A few favorite comments:

"I have read the HL everyday for 25 yrs either on line or paper version. After this column by clay on 9/21 I am finished. It is clear to me that HL's strategy is to make fun of UK fans, coaches or players."

"I have a challenge for you and Mark Story. Try writing positive articles towards UK, UK fans, UK football, for 1 week! I dare you!! I bet it will never happen..."

"Why don't you apply for a job in Louisville?"

-"Has anyone ever seen John Clay with his glasses off? He might be Terry meiners, in drag! Does that forhead smell like Slick Rick's behind?"

-"Louisville Is In Indiana, Not Kentucky"
Yes, someone actually said this!

"Miami was what, 17th in the country. Here I am watching Florida and Tenn, both ranked in the top ten (every year)."
-I guess this guy was living in a cave last year when UT was 5-6, ha ha!
09-21-2006 02:51 PM
Advertisement

dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
On a side not to this
We've heard all week from UK fans how the win wasn't that huge over Miami, blah blah blah........

....however duely pointed out on the radio today, was, take a guess which coach got drowned in gatorade by his players this weekend in the state after their wins'. Pretty funny stuff, comparing the two teams level of accomplishments.
09-21-2006 07:56 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Re: On a side not to this
dgrace4cards Wrote:We've heard all week from UK fans how the win wasn't that huge over Miami, blah blah blah........

....however duely pointed out on the radio today, was, take a guess which coach got drowned in gatorade by his players this weekend in the state after their wins'. Pretty funny stuff, comparing the two teams level of accomplishments.

That hilarious considering all season leading up to the Louisville/Miami game Kentucky said that Louisville would get killed by a "real" team and expose them and the Big East as overrated. And that losing Michael Bush crushed their chances at beating Miami. Now Louisville absolutely decimates Miami and the win isn't "that big". Unreal!
09-21-2006 08:30 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Re: On a side not to this
CatsClaw Wrote:
dgrace4cards Wrote:We've heard all week from UK fans how the win wasn't that huge over Miami, blah blah blah........

That hilarious considering all season leading up to the Louisville/Miami game Kentucky said that Louisville would get killed by a "real" team and expose them and the Big East as overrated. And that losing Michael Bush crushed their chances at beating Miami. Now Louisville absolutely decimates Miami and the win isn't "that big". Unreal!

Unreal but par for the course.
09-22-2006 01:22 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.