http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Londo...-Big-Green
03-07-2014 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Big Oil gets justice
Quote:Donziger stood personally to make $600 million from the litigation should it prove successful.

Following the money reveals true intentions.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 10:34 AM by VA49er.)
03-07-2014 10:33 AM
Advertisement

QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
Defendants in frivolous law suits are starting to turn the tables on the trial bar by using RICO. Chevron is the latest but not the first. From the Wall Street Journal.

In December 2012, a federal jury in West Virginia found Robert Peirce Jr. and Louis Raimond, along with radiologist Ray Harron liable on all five counts of fraud and conspiracy alleged against them by CSX Transportation in connection with repeated filings of phony asbestos claims.

Feld Entertainment, the operators of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, has initiated a RICO suit against several animal-rights groups including the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The groups sued Feld for alleged abuse of elephants. They lost that suit in 2009, and last March, U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan in Washington, D.C., decided they must pay Feld's lawyers fees, perhaps as much as $20 million. He called their original suit "frivolous, unreasonable and groundless."

In January—as a federal bankruptcy judge in North Carolina found several asbestos plaintiffs firms had conspired with their clients and "infected" the tort system with "the manipulation of exposure evidence"—defendant Garlock Sealing Technologies filed lawsuits against them in federal court, alleging conspiracy, fraud and violations of RICO.
03-07-2014 10:48 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Hal-A-F#$%ing-Looya

The tree huggers and EPA are killing this economy. I see it weekly. Finally somebody wins when they stand up against their radical idiocy. I hope this is just the start. With the way the leftists are packing the courts, it is gong to be hard though.
03-07-2014 11:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.