Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why is this board soo boring??
Bookmark and Share
kellernr Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: basketball
The only threads on here are weekly game picks. Is there another Big East forum that everyone posts on?
03-03-2014 08:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Burrito Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Hoyas
RE: Why is this board soo boring??
Deleted
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2014 09:55 PM by Burrito.)
03-03-2014 08:52 AM
Tigersmoke Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis
Its a shame because this site is actually formated better and is very user friendly.
03-03-2014 09:41 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
no doubt Tigersmoke... It is what it is.
03-04-2014 09:45 PM
ivet Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePaul, Hoya
Everyone is on a different board. People got tired of this board because posters from football schools would come here and berate the BE. At least at the other board trollers can be kicked out. Majority of us just got tired of defending ourselves and we just wanted to talk about basketball.
03-06-2014 11:56 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
I wish I was a mod on here- I'd kick those trolls out pretty quickly.
03-06-2014 01:52 PM
Advertisement

gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
it was great before the split. It started going downhill once some of the "new" members of the AAC started showing up spewing their cr*p. It was bad enough having them come on here i could only imagine what it would have been like sharing a board with some of them.
I have no ill will towards the FB schools and actually did like to check in on the AAC now and then. i dont like the way some talk about the catholic achools when they have no idea what they're talking about. Those posters are the one that drove most of the current BE posters away.
Wish the mods had done something about it. (or maybe will do something so people will come back)
03-06-2014 03:19 PM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

There was no room for differing opinions... so they did the equivalent of picking up their basketball and leaving the public courts for their own private / gated court.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
03-06-2014 10:02 PM
MUAvalanche Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(03-06-2014 10:02 PM)IceJus10 Wrote:  There was no room for differing opinions... so they did the equivalent of picking up their basketball and leaving the public courts for their own private / gated court.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

Actually, there was plenty of room when the opinions were brought forward in a civil manner. Stever and I were frequently on opposite sides, but I never had a problem with his opinions or his attitude. I welcomed the discussion. As long as posters weren't disparaging or rude, the discourse was great.

And I don't blame all posters from former members or the AAC. Many of them had well thought out opinions as well, and were very civil in their posts. Just a few bad eggs can ruin things.
03-07-2014 10:04 AM
billyjack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Providence
A lot of it had to do with stuff on the Conference Realignment Board. 30 football fans would dominate a 20 page thread with trashing of the hoops schools and disinformation. Two hoops fans would enter the discussion, and within 20 minutes the thread would be locked.

Many of us would just want to come here to discuss our teams and players and recruiting and strategy and tv contracts, etc, and we'd have to spend 2 hours a day arguing with football trolls. Our new place is like paradise in comparison.

Like, a troll would arrive and share his opinion over 3 pages that the BE is gonna suck because we'll never be able to recruit. After trying to ignore him, eventually one of us would have to explain that 5 of us have Top-20 recruiting classes in 2014, number of Top-150 recruits, etc. After another 4 pages, eventually the troll would leave. 3 days later, another troll would arrive with the same anti-BE recruiting argument... then we'd waste time explaining to him... rinse and repeat...

Just look right now on the Realignment Board... the 5th thread from the top is titled "Requiem for the Big East"...
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 11:55 AM by billyjack.)
03-07-2014 11:49 AM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

and the trolls were usually from the same few schools.(with the least to brag about)
03-07-2014 12:22 PM
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

(03-07-2014 11:49 AM)billyjack Wrote:  A lot of it had to do with stuff on the Conference Realignment Board. 30 football fans would dominate a 20 page thread with trashing of the hoops schools and disinformation. Two hoops fans would enter the discussion, and within 20 minutes the thread would be locked.

Many of us would just want to come here to discuss our teams and players and recruiting and strategy and tv contracts, etc, and we'd have to spend 2 hours a day arguing with football trolls. Our new place is like paradise in comparison.

Like, a troll would arrive and share his opinion over 3 pages that the BE is gonna suck because we'll never be able to recruit. After trying to ignore him, eventually one of us would have to explain that 5 of us have Top-20 recruiting classes in 2014, number of Top-150 recruits, etc. After another 4 pages, eventually the troll would leave. 3 days later, another troll would arrive with the same anti-BE recruiting argument... then we'd waste time explaining to him... rinse and repeat...

Just look right now on the Realignment Board... the 5th thread from the top is titled "Requiem for the Big East"...

The 5th thread from the top is called that because there's a special on ESPN coming up called that. Who knows how that's going to be, but to act like that's a crime is comical.
03-07-2014 12:25 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

Exhibit b. They started a threadon the aac board about villanova winningthe rregular season and how meaningless it is because it's not the real BE and how UConn is the best thing ever. I'm not sure if I should feel sorry for them because they sound like a bunch of losers vor laugh at them for the same reasonv
03-07-2014 05:38 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

of course the AAC board would feel like that, much the same way the Big East board wants to devalue anything the AAC does. That's really to be expected to some degree. As time wears on, that'll fade to a certain degree on both sides...
03-07-2014 06:19 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

(03-07-2014 06:19 PM)stever20 Wrote:  of course the AAC board would feel like that, much the same way the Big East board wants to devalue anything the AAC does. That's really to be expected to some degree. As time wears on, that'll fade to a certain degree on both sides...

i must be in the minority then. i dont wish ill will on uconn, cincy etc. some over there seem to take glee or even wish failure on the BE. i admit i want the BE to be more successful than the AAC or any conference really. however if uconn won the aac i wouldnt be angry about it. the same with any of the former members that moved to the acc.
it seems to me that many over in the aac are obsessed about the BE. I dont remember any threads being posted on any BE site about the american. There are quite a few on their site. seems like they have inadequacy issues.
Oh well i wont lose any sleep over it. i just find it a little pathetic
03-07-2014 08:33 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(03-07-2014 06:19 PM)stever20 Wrote:  of course the AAC board would feel like that, much the same way the Big East board wants to devalue anything the AAC does. That's really to be expected to some degree. As time wears on, that'll fade to a certain degree on both sides...

I don't wish anything ill on the AAC. Good luck to them, especially UConn.
03-08-2014 05:03 AM
Advertisement

trephin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
You're not in the minority gosports1. If anything I feel nothing towards the AAC or any former conference member and have little interest in their seasons or other events.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 08:36 AM by trephin.)
03-08-2014 08:35 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

note- this was in response to a billyjack post. He deleted it after I had posted this:
right now, it's pretty easy to dis on FS1. It's not been by any measure a great start on FS1 by any stretch. For hardcore folks, it's awesome. For the general sports fans though, the AAC on ESPN is much better than the Big East on FS1 because ESPN is so ingrained in everyone's minds that they have a huge advantage.

I'd say given Memphis will have 5 potential tourney teams coming, and Big East only somewhere from 2-5- from a basketball perspective, could make a pretty fair case(note, I haven't seen that thread so I don't know if that's the angle they were going at). I mean, SF of Louisville/Memphis and Cincy/UConn is pretty good basketball. So is Villanova/Providence and Creighton/Xavier. They may have a smidge stronger SF, but we would have the better finals if Creighton/Nova played again... Now, I would say our tourney may be better from a standpoint of we could have 4 teams entering the tourney fighting for their NCAA spot, and desperation can make for some great drama. That just depends on how you want to look at things. Both are going to be great conference tournaments...

Also, you keep on bringing up the conference realignment board. What does that have to do with the Big East site here? If we have moderators who would bounce the OOC trolls, we wouldn't see those. I totally agree with how we are treated on there in general.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 11:50 AM by stever20.)
03-08-2014 11:02 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

also, just was looking to see that, can't see it. Did a mod delete that thread?

edit- nevermind found it. Doesn't seem like it's a thread slamming the Big East too much. Maybe 1-2 posts that you could complain about but most of them are fair.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 11:34 AM by stever20.)
03-08-2014 11:11 AM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

like i said i wont lose any sleep over it but they are posting BE threads on the american board. Some also stray (or have in the past) over to the BE board to make their point. Most of it started before they were even officially part of the new league and the c7 hadnt left yet. When a discussion was attempted the common response was that the c7 ruined the BE, we're a bunch of parasites, notre dame did this or that blah blah blah

It was one thing to have a disagreement with posters from schools that have been around forever such as syracuse or even louisville, but to have some J**koff from somewhere like ecu or memphis come to our board and tell us we suck or what is wrong with the BE is a bit much to take. Syracuse etc were like family ucf is not. I realize there are a few bad "apples" in every bunch. the OP was why this board has been dying. the answer in short, i think for may of us, is the behavior/comments of some of the "new" american members (and even some old ones) Most of whom shouldnt be bragging about too many things athletic or otherwise
Its a shame I like this site and wish it was more active without the interference of outsiders
03-08-2014 12:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.