Open TigerLinks

Bonnaroo
Bookmark and Share
mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
Bonnaroo
ok, I looked at the lineup announced today....I have heard of 12 bands...not saying I know crap about their music...but I have heard of 12 friggin bands....

I just realized I am getting old....and I was cool at one time...
02-19-2014 11:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
RE: Bonnaroo
went to the 1st one.

never again - you kiddos can enjoy yourselves. Hours of traffic.
02-19-2014 11:58 PM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
Yeah, a few years ago I wanted to go because there were bands I really wanted to see, although most of them I had never heard of. I'm pretty tough, do all three days of Music Fest usually (even though I can come home to my own bed each night.)

So, I asked my son (the one I went to the Gorge with) what he thought about me attempting Bonaroo. He knows I'm a trouper, but he looked at me and said, "Well, mom, actually I think it might kill you, between the heat and the people."

Darn.
02-20-2014 12:40 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

I Root For: Memphis
No OutKast!?!
02-20-2014 07:09 AM
tigergreen Offline

I Root For: MEMPHIS
You couldn't pay me to do Bonnaroo. I've got a couple of friends who go every year, and they're my age....I don't know how they handle it.
I consider myself to be a person that "keeps up" with new music, but yeah....there are a bunch on there that I've never heard of. I only knew or had heard of 23.

Lat, I'm kinda shocked OutKast isn't on there as well. BSMF is supposed to announce their lineup today, I think.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2014 10:11 AM by tigergreen.)
02-20-2014 10:08 AM
KRB Offline
Tigers Templar
Jersey Retired

(02-20-2014 12:40 AM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  Yeah, a few years ago I wanted to go because there were bands I really wanted to see, although most of them I had never heard of. I'm pretty tough, do all three days of Music Fest usually (even though I can come home to my own bed each night.)

So, I asked my son (the one I went to the Gorge with) what he thought about me attempting Bonaroo. He knows I'm a trouper, but he looked at me and said, "Well, mom, actually I think it might kill you, between the heat and the people."

Darn.

But in our day we made the Atlanta Pop Festival in 1970. It would be hard to top that one. The Woodstock of the south. It was like the Ark, two of everything, it was an experience of a lifetime.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2014 05:25 PM by KRB.)
02-20-2014 12:35 PM
Advertisement

MemphisTiger15 Offline
Banned

I Root For: an AAC 'ship
(02-19-2014 11:21 PM)mapdude Wrote:  ok, I looked at the lineup announced today....I have heard of 12 bands...not saying I know crap about their music...but I have heard of 12 friggin bands....

I just realized I am getting old....and I was cool at one time...

I looked it up and think I have heard of maybe 4 or 5 and there isn't 1 single performer playing that I'd give 1 red cent to see.
02-20-2014 12:43 PM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

I hate jam bands and you couldn't pay me enough to head there.

That being said, they've expanded the lineups to incorporate a lot of new styles of music. I actually like the lineup this year. Jack White, Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkey, Fitz and the Tantrums, Broken Bells, Cage the Elephant, Bouncing Souls, and Drive by Truckers are all awesome. And seeing Elton John would definitely be an experience.
02-20-2014 01:00 PM
Heisman

(02-20-2014 12:35 PM)KRB Wrote:  
(02-20-2014 12:40 AM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  Yeah, a few years ago I wanted to go because there were bands I really wanted to see, although most of them I had never heard of. I'm pretty tough, do all three days of Music Fest usually (even though I can come home to my own bed each night.)

Darn.

But in our day we made the Atlanta Pop Festival in 1970. It would be hard to top that one. The Woodstock of the south. It was like the Ark, two of everything, it was a experience of a lifetime.

Yep. Best Time Ever. Life changing. I once told someone I would give up several months of my life just to relive those three days again, rainstorm and all.
02-20-2014 02:59 PM
KRB Offline
Tigers Templar
Jersey Retired

^^July 3,4,5, 1970. Nothing has ever come close, even the rainstorm was fun. I was 17. Didn't turn 18 until August. Oh the bands we saw.
02-20-2014 05:27 PM
OneShiningMoment Away
MT.org's Smartass and Dumbass

I Root For: OnCampusStadium

Donators
(02-20-2014 10:08 AM)tigergreen Wrote:  You couldn't pay me to do Bonnaroo. I've got a couple of friends who go every year, and they're my age....I don't know how they handle it.
I consider myself to be a person that "keeps up" with new music, but yeah....there are a bunch on there that I've never heard of. I only knew or had heard of 23.

Lat, I'm kinda shocked OutKast isn't on there as well. BSMF is supposed to announce their lineup today, I think.

The 2014 Line-up will be announced Thursday, February 27th at 10am CST
02-20-2014 11:26 PM
Advertisement

Bathtub Gin Offline
All American

I Root For: Free Market
Who is rumored to be at BSMF?
02-20-2014 11:31 PM
OneShiningMoment Away
MT.org's Smartass and Dumbass

I Root For: OnCampusStadium

Donators
some of the rumors include:

Alabama Shakes
Ana Popovic
Avenged Sevenfold
Blues Traveler
Buddy Guy
Carolina Chocolate Drops
Dickey Betts
Dropkick Murphys
Fitz and the Tantrums
Foster the People
Grouplove
Joan Jett
Juicy J
Kid Rock
Los Rabanes
MS MR
Motorhead
Pretty Lights
Snoop Dogg
String Cheese Incident
Third Eye Blind
02-21-2014 12:08 AM
Trapper John Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
I've also heard Beck from a couple different people. Would be cool in that setting.
02-21-2014 01:29 AM
bsp34 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Mississippi St.
(02-20-2014 10:08 AM)tigergreen Wrote:  You couldn't pay me to do Bonnaroo. I've got a couple of friends who go every year, and they're my age....I don't know how they handle it.

(02-21-2014 01:29 AM)Trapper John Wrote:  I've also heard Beck from a couple different people. Would be cool in that setting.

Have they started liking anything on facebook? the last couple of years that's how the "hinted" the lineup before official release
02-21-2014 10:18 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(02-21-2014 01:29 AM)Trapper John Wrote:  I've also heard Beck from a couple different people. Would be cool in that setting.

02-21-2014 10:24 AM
Advertisement

tigergreen Offline

(02-21-2014 10:18 AM)bsp34 Wrote:  Have they started liking anything on facebook? the last couple of years that's how the "hinted" the lineup before official release

yep...I'm looking on there now & see Joan Jett, Dickey Betts, Jason Isbell, Foster The People, Buddy Guy, 311, Motorhead, Kid Rock, Fitz & The Tantrums, Third Eye Blind, etc.

If that's the kind of lineup they're going to have, I'll pass.
02-21-2014 11:13 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

(02-21-2014 12:08 AM)OneShiningMoment Wrote:  some of the rumors include:

Alabama Shakes
Ana Popovic
Avenged Sevenfold
Blues Traveler
Buddy Guy
Carolina Chocolate Drops
Dickey Betts
Dropkick Murphys
Fitz and the Tantrums
Foster the People
Grouplove
Joan Jett
Juicy J
Kid Rock
Los Rabanes
MS MR
Motorhead
Pretty Lights
Snoop Dogg
String Cheese Incident
Third Eye Blind

If Snoop is coming, I'm guessing OutKast won't. BSMF rarely has two big rap acts that aren't Memphis connected right?
02-21-2014 11:15 AM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
Bonnaroo lineup is kinda meh. Lollapalooza is supposed to be epic this year.
02-21-2014 04:41 PM
Heisman

(02-20-2014 05:27 PM)KRB Wrote:  ^^July 3,4,5, 1970. Nothing has ever come close, even the rainstorm was fun. I was 17. Didn't turn 18 until August. Oh the bands we saw.

The Southern Woodstock. I had just turned 18 days before. Fourth of July with Hendrix playing the National Anthem, his own way. Opening and closing by the Allman Brothers. I could tell you stories of those three days.

The rainstorm made it like Woodstock.
02-24-2014 01:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.