Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Toledo (21-3) @ Eastern Michigan (14-10) Game Thread
Bookmark and Share
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
MyBB Toledo (21-3) @ Eastern Michigan (14-10) Game Thread
In Coach K's postgame interview after the Ohio game, he said that he believed there could be more Rocket fans up in Ypsi than EMU fans. He said he would love for that to happen so I decided to take the short trip up there with a friend and cheer on our Rockets! EMU has a beautiful facility from the pictures I've seen so I'm looking forward to making my first trip up there.

As for the game, should be a good one. Toledo never really seems to blow anyone out, they always tend to make every game a close one. Plus, EMU is pretty good this year. Hope Drummond tears it up.
02-14-2014 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
RE: Toledo (21-3) @ Eastern Michigan (14-10) Game Thread
I'll be there +1.
02-14-2014 11:32 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
+4 we'll be there. Super easy drive and easy in, easy out. Easier to get to EMU than it is to BG.
02-14-2014 11:34 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
+4
02-15-2014 12:10 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
An EMU fan believes there will only be 100 rocket fans in attendance. I plan on counting by hand. The women's game will take away from our travelers though. Can't wait to beat em up! The convo is nice and green. It calms me seeing the green instead of people. Might as well call it a neutral site....yes that's a knock on everything that is EMU athletics. Don't know how the school gets any good recruits and they can stay out of last place in the league....oh well. Go rockets!
02-15-2014 02:04 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Anybody see this article? It was written by an EMU fan.

Toledo Basketball: Success on the Court, Failure at Life
02-15-2014 03:46 AM
Advertisement

letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
(02-15-2014 03:46 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Anybody see this article? It was written by an EMU fan.

Only one person's opinion. Ignore it.
Go Rockets!!!!
02-15-2014 07:00 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-15-2014 03:46 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Anybody see this article? It was written by an EMU fan.

It could easily have been written by a University of Toledo fan. At least I hope so.

True it was twice the limit?

To increase the penalty now, the University would only look like they were caving to opinion and really still do not understand how seriously the public takes this.

As much as it pains what might otherwise be a great kid and a great year for the University, the only way I can see for everyone to get back onto the high road would be for Drummond to voluntarily step down for the season.
02-15-2014 07:29 AM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Supposedly eMu is having some old school players back today to retire their jerseys or something and is expecting a huge crowd.
02-15-2014 07:40 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-15-2014 07:40 AM)adunifon Wrote:  Supposedly eMu is having some old school players back today to retire their jerseys or something and is expecting a huge crowd.

They might have to pick up an extra pack of Oscar Meyer's for the concession stand.
02-15-2014 07:49 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(02-15-2014 07:40 AM)adunifon Wrote:  Supposedly eMu is having some old school players back today to retire their jerseys or something and is expecting a huge crowd.

Earl Boykins and Derrick Dial, both of whom went on to NBA careers. Boykins was one of the shortest players to ever play in the NBA and just killed us every time we played them.
02-15-2014 07:54 AM
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

(02-15-2014 07:54 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Earl Boykins and Derrick Dial, both of whom went on to NBA careers. Boykins was one of the shortest players to ever play in the NBA and just killed us every time we played them.

Pretty sure he beat us on a half court shot one year.
02-15-2014 08:04 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets

Apart from the sophmoric language and the inexcusable "I could care less" and other linguistic faux pas, it's not a bad article. Don't know if his "facts" are accurate but I suspect we'll see. Drummond's punishment was clearly light. It is equally clear that there is considerable, although never to be acknowledged, schadenfreude going on.
02-15-2014 08:09 AM
therockets046 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Mud Hens
I wonder how much Moses Ayegba had to pay in court fees and fines for accepting a plane ticket home. Or how much his insurance rates will increase for as long as he drives a motor vehicle. Who's gonna pay for all that? We are Toledo, after all. Or how much shame he'll encounter from the public, both home and away. People aren't going to forget about this quickly.

The whole premise of the article is based upon not only this apples-to-oranges comparison, but also holds THE NCAA as the gold standard for consistent rules enforcement??? Some people need to get real. Seems to me EMU's journalism program ranks very comparably with their athletic program.
02-15-2014 11:43 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
Heading out to pick up RocketPete. Then up to Ypsi.
GO ROCKETS !!! (men & ladies)
02-15-2014 11:46 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-15-2014 08:09 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Apart from the sophmoric language and the inexcusable "I could care less" and other linguistic faux pas, it's not a bad article. Don't know if his "facts" are accurate but I suspect we'll see. Drummond's punishment was clearly light. It is equally clear that there is considerable, although never to be acknowledged, schadenfreude going on.

This piece is an opinion with lots of subjective speculation. The offense is serious…very serious. The coaches and athletic administrators hopefully took full account of the facts and responded with sound judgement. The judicial system has yet to weigh in. Once it renders judgement UT officials may have more reason for further action.

Opinions are always welcome as they generate, in most cases, needed discussions. I wonder if this would have happened a few seasons ago when the Rockets won four games if the outpouring of opinion would have been as vocal. Just asking.
02-15-2014 11:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-15-2014 11:53 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  
(02-15-2014 08:09 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

This piece is an opinion with lots of subjective speculation. The offense is serious…very serious. The coaches and athletic administrators hopefully took full account of the facts and responded with sound judgement. The judicial system has yet to weigh in. Once it renders judgement UT officials may have more reason for further action.

Opinions are always welcome as they generate, in most cases, needed discussions. I wonder if this would have happened a few seasons ago when the Rockets won four games if the outpouring of opinion would have been as vocal. Just asking.

I think so. Reading into your post, maybe you're wondering if more are concerned about wins and losses than how serious the University should weigh DUI? It may be there and I have to admit, I considered that is what is behind some opinions but DUI kind of trumps that thinking.

I think it would have been just as controversial a few seasons ago.

Some would still say one game enough and that it is about the message, not the punishment. Others would disagree and say that one game is not enough message and gives the appearance it is about wins and loses and not the student-athlete and University.

I don't think anyone is out for blood here.
02-15-2014 01:00 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
One game is enough if the player gets the message. That's why it should be taken on an individual case basis with their future behavior as the only true measure of whether the punishment was sufficient enough.
02-15-2014 01:18 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

meh....
02-15-2014 01:20 PM
Rocket Man Offline
2nd String

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. I think many have made similar mistakes - especially in college. His due punishment will come through the legal system. I wonder if this journalist wrote a similar article about ohios solich?? I am not condoning what drum did, I just think it was an isolated incident and hope he learns a life lesson. GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02-15-2014 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.