Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Valerie Jarrett: Americans “Hungry” For An Imperial Presidency…
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Valerie Jarrett: Americans “Hungry” For An Imperial Presidency…
[Image: 16oo.jpg]

Yea, Americans are hungry to have a King. Didn't we fight wars to prevent this?

“People around our country are hungry for action,” White House Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Tuesday. “And what you’ll hear from the president tonight is going to be all about action — creating opportunity — and it’s going to be a very optimistic speech.”

Jarrett said the president, in his sixth State of the Union Address, will “set forth very specific, concrete proposals that he things will move our country forward — create opportunity for hard-working Americans who want to succeed.”

She said he will continue to prod Congress to pass major pieces of legislation, such as immigration reform and trade agreements. “But he also will make clear tonight that he will take action on his own,” Jarrett said, pointing to Tuesday’s announcement that Obama plans to raise the minimum wage on all federal contracts to $10.10 an hour.

Another example of taking action on his own is Friday’s White House summit with business leaders, who will try to make it easier for the long-term unemployed to get jobs, she said.

Although he will take action on his own where he can, he’ll also “continue to call on Congress, both sides of the aisle, to come up with new and fresh ideas for how we can grow our economy and create opportunities for the American people, but we’re not going to stop at that,” Jarrett said.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jo...tic-speech
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014 10:46 AM by EagleRockCafe.)
01-28-2014 10:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Valerie Jarrett: Americans “Hungry” For An Imperial Presidency…
She may be right. We've let in far too many immigrants who are used to this sort of government. They never knew, nor were they taught, that the US' success was because we had a limited government by the people, for the people and of the people.

The leftists knew that of course, so they found ways to bring in people who could tip the scales of elections in their favor.
01-28-2014 10:48 AM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(01-28-2014 10:45 AM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  [Image: 16oo.jpg]

Yea, Americans are hungry to have a King. Didn't we fight wars to prevent this?

“People around our country are hungry for action,” White House Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Tuesday. “And what you’ll hear from the president tonight is going to be all about action — creating opportunity — and it’s going to be a very optimistic speech.”

Jarrett said the president, in his sixth State of the Union Address, will “set forth very specific, concrete proposals that he things will move our country forward — create opportunity for hard-working Americans who want to succeed.”

She said he will continue to prod Congress to pass major pieces of legislation, such as immigration reform and trade agreements. “But he also will make clear tonight that he will take action on his own,” Jarrett said, pointing to Tuesday’s announcement that Obama plans to raise the minimum wage on all federal contracts to $10.10 an hour.

Another example of taking action on his own is Friday’s White House summit with business leaders, who will try to make it easier for the long-term unemployed to get jobs, she said.

Although he will take action on his own where he can, he’ll also “continue to call on Congress, both sides of the aisle, to come up with new and fresh ideas for how we can grow our economy and create opportunities for the American people, but we’re not going to stop at that,” Jarrett said.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jo...tic-speech

Jarrett's daughter's company is one of the biggest beneficiaries of the Obamacare website contracts. She's doing everything she can to prop up her man to keep the gravy train flowing.
01-28-2014 10:49 AM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
Why does every business in the country prohibit "conflicts of interest", but our government is based off of the principle?

Incredible.
01-28-2014 11:48 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Wow. Taking "action"!!! That's great! What does she focus on? a raise of the paupers wage to make it a tad more tolerable to be a slouch. $10.10 an hour for Fed contractors, a wage very few make for more than a few months.

Talk about playing small ball. What a disgrace.
01-28-2014 12:02 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-28-2014 12:02 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Wow. Taking "action"!!! That's great! What does she focus on? a raise of the paupers wage to make it a tad more tolerable to be a slouch. $10.10 an hour for Fed contractors, a wage very few make for more than a few months.

We all know it does very little to help the economy, but it plays well politically to the politics of envy crowd. Yeah, lets F_ck over those rich ba$tards. Make them pay............

Meanwhile - almost no one working on federal contracts makes less than $10.10 anyway.

Largely, an empty action by an empty president.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014 12:19 PM by Crebman.)
01-28-2014 12:19 PM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(01-28-2014 12:19 PM)Crebman Wrote:  
(01-28-2014 12:02 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Wow. Taking "action"!!! That's great! What does she focus on? a raise of the paupers wage to make it a tad more tolerable to be a slouch. $10.10 an hour for Fed contractors, a wage very few make for more than a few months.

We all know it does very little to help the economy, but it plays well politically to the politics of envy crowd. Yeah, lets F_ck over those rich ba$tards. Make them pay............

Meanwhile - almost no one working on federal contracts makes less than $10.10 anyway.

The MSM will play this over and over again to their mindless audience of zombie like followers despite the fact that they are the targets of Zero's economic failure and despite Zero being proven a pathological, maniacal liar.
01-28-2014 12:38 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(01-28-2014 12:38 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  
(01-28-2014 12:19 PM)Crebman Wrote:  

The MSM will play this over and over again to their mindless audience of zombie like followers despite the fact that they are the targets of Zero's economic failure and despite Zero being proven a pathological, maniacal liar.

03-yes
01-28-2014 12:39 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
This scares the crap out of me. In fact, I think the world, especially "the West" is ready for a single imperial type leader.
01-28-2014 12:43 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
I'm sure that $10.10 an hour sounds REALY good to a McDonalds employee sweeping floors and flipping burgers because he dropped out of high school his Freshman year... Until he realizes that it's only for federal contracted workers. Lest we forget that obama is going to "prod congress more" too.
01-28-2014 12:47 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
All spending has to originate in the House. Not so sure how he goes about this useless stunt. But as said, it'll play to the brain dead zombieObots out there.
01-28-2014 12:59 PM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(01-28-2014 12:59 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  All spending has to originate in the House. Not so sure how he goes about this useless stunt. But as said, it'll play to the brain dead zombieObots out there.

[Image: obamazombies-lg.png]

[Image: obamas-brain-dead-supporters-zombies-sma...940236.jpg]

[Image: useless-zombies-obama-liberal-supporters...114851.jpg]
01-28-2014 01:11 PM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
(01-28-2014 12:59 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  All spending has to originate in the House. Not so sure how he goes about this useless stunt. But as said, it'll play to the brain dead zombieObots out there.

Except for Obamacare, which is a tax originated in the Senate.
01-28-2014 01:48 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
We have a government that is borrowing money faster than it can be printed, and yet we need to pay the government workers more? As a finance guy, I'm just floored at our stupidity.
01-28-2014 02:10 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Even the people who say they don't want it, kind of do. I think the majority is hungry for it, even if they don't think they are.
01-28-2014 04:12 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-28-2014 04:12 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  Even the people who say they don't want it, kind of do. I think the majority is hungry for it, even if they don't think they are.

Is that some kind of Orwellian "new speak?"
01-28-2014 08:09 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Andrew Jackson, Abe Lincoln. There is precedence.
01-28-2014 08:12 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(01-28-2014 08:09 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  
(01-28-2014 04:12 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  Even the people who say they don't want it, kind of do. I think the majority is hungry for it, even if they don't think they are.

Didn't really have a better way to say it.
01-28-2014 08:13 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-28-2014 08:13 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(01-28-2014 08:09 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  

Didn't really have a better way to say it.

Must be similar to the statement, "I'll know what I like when I see it."
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014 08:37 PM by mptnstr@44.)
01-28-2014 08:36 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Damn! Just in lock-step with the ordinary folks aren't they?
01-28-2014 08:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.