Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

College football and social norms
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
College football and social norms
Since this is first and foremost a college football board, read for yourself and comment if you wish.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sport...ammys-Evil
01-28-2014 08:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
RE: College football and social norms
Color me a newfound McCarron fan... I'm glad someone with a big name finally spoke out against sh*t like this. I don't care about the butt feel but the rest was very strange... And to do the gay weddings at the Grammys took it way too far.

I can remember when the biggest talk was Jackson's nipple popping out at the Super Bowl halftime show... Now we get gay civil unions at award shows, it really brings down the quality that used to be there, and that quality has slowly dived towards the bottom. Talk about pushing an agenda in your face.
01-28-2014 09:59 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I don't watch the crap anymore. You just know going in, that those in the entertainment business tend to lean way to the left and they can't just perform - they feel compelled to inject their politics into the proceedings. With most everyone there being lefties, there is never any balance to the proceedings. That, and some, obviously have a strong need to push the limits of what is acceptable, I think mostly to gain notoriety for the shock value. The more shocking, the better. Madonna taught all of them that you don't have to be the best singer to be famous if you can be shocking while you sing.
01-28-2014 10:10 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(01-28-2014 10:10 AM)Crebman Wrote:  I don't watch the crap anymore. You just know going in, that those in the entertainment business tend to lean way to the left and they can't just perform - they feel compelled to inject their politics into the proceedings. With most everyone there being lefties, there is never any balance to the proceedings. That, and some, obviously have a strong need to push the limits of what is acceptable, I think mostly to gain notoriety for the shock value. The more shocking, the better. Madonna taught all of them that you don't have to be the best singer to be famous if you can be shocking while you sing.

The normal people of this world think it's disgusting, I guess they like to go with the grain of corruption because they're too scared to go against it. Too bad.
01-28-2014 10:18 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
I have no interest in pop culture so I wouldn't watch anyway. Any music I listen to they are either dead or aren't popular amongst the masses.
01-28-2014 10:23 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
gay marriage
grammys
satan

This thread is funny to me as I listen to Dopo Tante E Tante Pene by Giovanni Pacini, performed by Maria Cecilia Bartoli.
01-28-2014 10:34 AM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(01-28-2014 10:23 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  I have no interest in pop culture so I wouldn't watch anyway. Any music I listen to they are either dead or aren't popular amongst the masses.

Same here, but it's the general principle. I listened to Steelheart, M83, and Huey Lewis and the News on the way to work this morning.
01-28-2014 10:36 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(01-28-2014 10:23 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  I have no interest in pop culture so I wouldn't watch anyway. Any music I listen to they are either dead or aren't popular amongst the masses.

I have no interest as well, but let's just say last night I might have purposely searched out a certain picture of Anna Kendrick at the 2014 Grammys on recommendation from one of my more pop-literate friends.

I was not disappointed.
01-28-2014 10:41 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(01-28-2014 10:36 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  

Same here, but it's the general principle. I listened to Steelheart, M83, and Huey Lewis and the News on the way to work this morning.

I'm a Dead Head (minus the leftist politics). I like some of the current hippie stuff (Widespread Panic and moe.), but the Dead is king. I am not a Phish fan. I'll take Bob Weir at 66 years old with the flu over Trey at his best anyday.

I am also a big fan of classic rock n roll.
01-28-2014 10:44 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(01-28-2014 10:44 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  

I'm a Dead Head (minus the leftist politics). I like some of the current hippie stuff (Widespread Panic and moe.), but the Dead is king. I am not a Phish fan. I'll take Bob Weir at 66 years old with the flu over Trey at his best anyday.

I'm a HUGE fan of classic rock and roll...

Edit: I heard Guns N Roses on the classic rock station a few months back and almost cried because it's too apparent that my ass is getting old when my favorite songs from the 80's and 90's are on classic rock stations.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014 11:13 AM by LSU04_08.)
01-28-2014 11:11 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-28-2014 11:11 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  

Edit: I heard Guns N Roses on the classic rock station a few months back and almost cried because it's too apparent that my ass is getting old when my favorite songs from the 80's and 90's are on classic rock stations.

....just wait till they transfer them to the oldies stations.

I always remember as a kid growing up, going into the supermarket and hearing old, past their prime, music being piped in and thinking what crap music it was. Now, I go into the store and they are playing songs that were hits when I was young. Hell, sometimes I'll go closer to the speakers so I can hear it better if it's one I really like.
01-28-2014 11:21 AM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I didn't even like most of the pop stuff when I was younger. I will, however put some 90s alternative and heavy metal on when I am running though. I'll even go as far as Limp Bizkit and Rage Against the Machine. Nothing I'd ever put on in the car or around the house though.
01-28-2014 11:37 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(01-28-2014 11:21 AM)Crebman Wrote:  
(01-28-2014 11:11 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  

....just wait till they transfer them to the oldies stations.

I always remember as a kid growing up, going into the supermarket and hearing old, past their prime, music being piped in and thinking what crap music it was. Now, I go into the store and they are playing songs that were hits when I was young. Hell, sometimes I'll go closer to the speakers so I can hear it better if it's one I really like.

Yes indeed... I can remember skating around that rink in the 80's and early 90's, going as fast as I could go, Bon Jovi and other big names rocking out on the big speakers, and aiming for that intense stream of freezing air coming out of the ac fans in each corner... You could smell the freon or the coolness of the air as you passed under it... Ahhh, memories.
01-28-2014 11:37 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(01-28-2014 11:37 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  I didn't even like most of the pop stuff when I was younger. I will, however put some 90s alternative and heavy metal on when I am running though. I'll even go as far as Limp Bizkit and Rage Against the Machine. Nothing I'd ever put on in the car or around the house though.

I LOVE Rage Against the Machine... Smashing Pumpkins, Bush, and Better Than Ezra to name a few 90's alternatives...
01-28-2014 11:38 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
You guys watched the grammys? Personally, I'm over the drama on both sides.
01-28-2014 02:29 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
Makes me feel bad we beat the crap out of his team.

We need more people like him speaking out. I wouldn't dare watch the Grammy's, but I heard it was pretty foul.
01-28-2014 02:36 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(01-28-2014 02:36 PM)oklalittledixie Wrote:  Makes me feel bad we beat the crap out of his team.

We need more people like him speaking out. I wouldn't dare watch the Grammy's, but I heard it was pretty foul.

Apparently, the only way to top it next year is to have an actual live sacrifice on stage while completely nude.
01-28-2014 02:42 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
Am I the only one who watched the NBA and didn't give a single fu(k about the Grammy or Emmys or whatever it was?
01-28-2014 02:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(01-28-2014 02:43 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Am I the only one who watched the NBA and didn't give a single fu(k about the Grammy or Emmys or whatever it was?

I don't care for the NBA either but I'm with you on not watching the Grammy awards. Seems like every other day there is some award show for something. You'd think these people would get tired of giving themselves awards at some point.
01-28-2014 02:55 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(01-28-2014 02:43 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  Am I the only one who watched the NBA and didn't give a single fu(k about the Grammy or Emmys or whatever it was?

I doubt anyone on this board watched it... But the topic is good for discussion. I havent watched the Grammys since the 90's. Never watched the Emmys, and if there's another awards show, I don't know about it.
01-28-2014 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.