Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Regarding the new TV contract...
DIP WV Offline
2nd String

I Root For: West Virginia
Regarding the new TV contract...
A poster on the WVU rivals board (bcbwvu) stated that, "Parsons told me to look for an announcement in a couple of weeks and that the football contract will be back at the level it was before the raid......." bcb has over 2000 posts so this isn't some cruel gimmick or anything and Mike Parsons is the Associate AD at WVU.

So the football contract is a wash, basketball contract is much improved, we kept the BCS bid, and our bowl tie ins took a bit of a hit (but certainly not as severe a hit as most were expecting). While I'm sure most of us would have preferred a split and still want a split, the Big East has done a tremendous job of rebuilding the league after the defections. Nobody could have predicted this quick of a recovery during that nightmarish summer 3 years ago.
08-21-2006 12:16 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

http://westvirginia.rivals.com/showmsg.a...18&style=1

-- its a pretty intersting thread

Jackson
08-21-2006 12:57 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Also from the thread....hope this is legit

Quote:New Big East T.V. Deal Pending
Big East officials told coaches and athletic directors in meetings at
May 31, 2006

Ponte Vedra, Florida last week "glowing news" about new television deals. While the basketball deal with ESPN is supposed to "breal all records", the CBS football package will also feature an increase in revenue for Big East schools. Schools that play football in the league were previously splitting $15 million versus $10 million shared among the schools that aren't in the conference for football.

Jackson
08-21-2006 01:03 PM
Advertisement

CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL

The government is holding up the announcement of this TV deal; they are worried introducing so much money will cause massive inflation and wreck the economy.
08-21-2006 01:58 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

George Bush just gave the money from the Big East TV contract to Lebanon.
08-21-2006 02:20 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.

Jackson1011 Wrote:Also from the thread....hope this is legit

Quote:New Big East T.V. Deal Pending
Big East officials told coaches and athletic directors in meetings at
May 31, 2006

Ponte Vedra, Florida last week "glowing news" about new television deals. While the basketball deal with ESPN is supposed to "breal all records", the CBS football package will also feature an increase in revenue for Big East schools. Schools that play football in the league were previously splitting $15 million versus $10 million shared among the schools that aren't in the conference for football.

Jackson

I'm pretty sure CBS isn't getting any football, its going to stay with ABC/ESPN. CBS will get the top basketball games though.
08-21-2006 06:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.