Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Obama tweet to sexual assault victims: I’ve got your back.
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
Obama tweet to sexual assault victims: I’ve got your back.
not the best choice of words, first of all. but, clearly, he wishes everyone to know that he is opposed to sexual assault, and only those dastardly republicans -- who must be in favor of sexual assault -- will keep him from fixing this problem with His mighty pen and His holy phone.

if he was truly concerned about sexual assault, he would be concerned before they became victims . . . say, by handing out concealable handguns.

Quote:"To anyone out there who has ever been assaulted: You are not alone. We have your back. I’ve got your back." —Obama:

Twitter
01-26-2014 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
RE: Obama tweet to sexual assault victims: I’ve got your back.
Has he got Monica Lewinsky's back?
01-26-2014 05:19 PM
EagleX Offline

He's supporting several islamic fundamentalist regimes that enforce their will by raping women with machetes. I wonder if he has their back.
01-26-2014 06:25 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(01-26-2014 04:46 PM)EagleX Wrote:  not the best choice of words, first of all. but, clearly, he wishes everyone to know that he is opposed to sexual assault, and only those dastardly republicans -- who must be in favor of sexual assault -- will keep him from fixing this problem with His mighty pen and His holy phone.

if he was truly concerned about sexual assault, he would be concerned before they became victims . . . say, by handing out concealable handguns.

Quote:"To anyone out there who has ever been assaulted: You are not alone. We have your back. I’ve got your back." —Obama:

Twitter
Well, the Republicans believe that it is only bad if it is a "legitimate" sexual assault.
01-26-2014 09:59 PM
EagleX Offline

(01-26-2014 09:59 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(01-26-2014 04:46 PM)EagleX Wrote:  not the best choice of words, first of all. but, clearly, he wishes everyone to know that he is opposed to sexual assault, and only those dastardly republicans -- who must be in favor of sexual assault -- will keep him from fixing this problem with His mighty pen and His holy phone.

Twitter
Well, the Republicans believe that it is only bad if it is a "legitimate" sexual assault.

yeah, I give you that one. Straight up. It was excruciating. I hope the purists don't blow this one again, and give us another batch of angles, o'donnells, Akins, and mourdocks.

I have been very vocal about republicans not screwing this thing up this time.
01-26-2014 10:06 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Republicans do seem to hold the record for recent 'holy sh*t did he just say that?', moments.
01-26-2014 10:18 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
So, not listening to Dems or just giving them passes?
01-26-2014 10:21 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-26-2014 10:18 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Republicans do seem to hold the record for recent 'holy sh*t did he just say that?', moments.

I refer you to the musings of one Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr.
01-26-2014 10:27 PM
EagleX Offline

(01-26-2014 10:27 PM)Smaug Wrote:  
(01-26-2014 10:18 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Republicans do seem to hold the record for recent 'holy sh*t did he just say that?', moments.

I refer you to the musings of one Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr.

Absolutely. VP dumba$$ is a national joke. But we're held to a different standard. If the purists knock off an incumbent in a state that isn't absolutely safely red, they had better send their new boy/girl to senate candidate school.

candidate school 101 lesson one: they're going to ask you about abortion, and when they do, say exactly these words . . .
01-26-2014 10:36 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Nothing he's said is 'holy sh*t did he just say that?' worthy IMO. Dumb and embarrassing sure, but nowhere near dismissing 47% of all Americans or implying that nonviolent rape is somehow less 'legitimate' than violent rape.
01-26-2014 10:42 PM
EagleX Offline

(01-26-2014 10:42 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Nothing he's said is 'holy sh*t did he just say that?' worthy IMO. Dumb and embarrassing sure, but nowhere near dismissing 47% of all Americans or implying that nonviolent rape is somehow less 'legitimate' than violent rape.

your friend -----> [Image: postbit_quote.gif]

probably not your friend -----> [Image: newreply.gif]
01-26-2014 10:48 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I posted directly after you, I would have quoted you directly if I hadn't.
01-26-2014 11:28 PM
EagleX Offline

(01-26-2014 10:42 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Nothing he's said is 'holy sh*t did he just say that?' worthy IMO. Dumb and embarrassing sure, but nowhere near dismissing 47% of all Americans or implying that nonviolent rape is somehow less 'legitimate' than violent rape.

the 47% comment, aside from being twisted beyond any resemblance of it's original meaning, represented a criminal act because it was surreptitiously recorded -- and knowing what we know now, it's just really, really ironic that the obamites got their girly bits all tingly about a secret recording. Ain't it, though ?

. . . and I have already said that akin is a whack job.
01-26-2014 11:52 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

What state or federal statute did the tape recording break?
01-26-2014 11:53 PM
EagleX Offline

(01-26-2014 11:28 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  I posted directly after you, I would have quoted you directly if I hadn't.

Who knew? It was arguably relevant to half of the thread.
01-26-2014 11:53 PM
EagleX Offline

(01-26-2014 11:53 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  What state or federal statute did the tape recording break?

Florida law prohibits the interception of any oral communications, and requires the consent of those being recorded. There is also at least one federal wiretap law that jimmy carters moderately retarded grandson almost definitely violated.
01-27-2014 12:00 AM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-27-2014 12:00 AM)EagleX Wrote:  
(01-26-2014 11:53 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  What state or federal statute did the tape recording break?

Florida law prohibits the interception of any oral communications, and requires the consent of those being recorded. There is also at least one federal wiretap law that jimmy carters moderately retarded grandson almost definitely violated.

Yes, except the interception of in-person communications when the parties do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in the conversation, such as when they are engaged in conversation in a public place where they might reasonably be overheard. Giving a speech in front of dozens of people, including random wait staff, would be one of those places excluded under Florida Law. As for the federal law, I found nothing applicable, so please enlighten me.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014 02:29 AM by UCF08.)
01-27-2014 02:28 AM
EagleX Offline

(01-27-2014 02:28 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(01-27-2014 12:00 AM)EagleX Wrote:  

Yes, except the interception of in-person communications when the parties do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in the conversation, such as when they are engaged in conversation in a public place where they might reasonably be overheard. Giving a speech in front of dozens of people, including random wait staff, would be one of those places excluded under Florida Law. As for the federal law, I found nothing applicable, so please enlighten me.

the event was at a private home, by invitation only, and it's obvious to everyone that saw the video that great pains were taken to hide the camera. not only did no one in the room consent to be recorded, intent matters. clearly, the videotaper knew that his actions would not meet with the consent of those in the room -- as evidenced by the fact that he hid the camera -- and yet he recorded the conversation anyway.

I'm not going to train you up on which federal statutes prohibit surreptitiously placing a recording device in a private home with the intent to record the conversations of people who have not consented to being recorded. suffice it to say that they're out there.

even if you get a kick out of the idea that romney got slimed with that recording, there was a room full of private citizens who also failed to give their consent to being recorded, and thus had their rights manifestly trampled upon.
01-27-2014 09:34 AM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
Chris Stevens was sexually assaulted and Obama didn't have his back...

Actions are louder than words.

[Image: 0.jpg]
01-27-2014 10:32 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables

Sadly, you're actually serious.
01-27-2014 10:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.