01-23-2014 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk Award
RE: Message from Coach Clark
He really wrote that letter on a weird angle...but other than that I have to say, he has impeccable handwriting.
01-23-2014 02:34 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

Dear Coach Clark,

That's all great and stuff. We are totally motivated to coming together and being a part of moving forward. But first we need to see an official construction start date on any improvements we are supposed to help with, blueprints, bank statements, and notarized approval (original...not copies) from the UA BOT. No offense, but we are smrt.

Sincerely,

BlazerTalk

P.S. Smart. S-M-A-R-T.
01-23-2014 02:58 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(01-23-2014 02:34 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  He really wrote that letter on a weird angle...but other than that I have to say, he has impeccable handwriting.

He is a pretty good artist too. Just look at that Dragon logo. I bet he has been practicing drawing dragons in his spare time. 03-lmfao
01-23-2014 03:11 PM
jj1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(01-23-2014 02:58 PM)blazr Wrote:  Dear Coach Clark,

That's all great and stuff. We are totally motivated to coming together and being a part of moving forward. But first we need to see an official construction start date on any improvements we are supposed to help with, blueprints, bank statements, and notarized approval (original...not copies) from the UA BOT. No offense, but we are smrt.

Sincerely,

BlazerTalk

P.S. Smart. S-M-A-R-T.

Could you be a little more adversarial.
01-23-2014 03:16 PM
uab278 Offline
All American

(01-23-2014 03:16 PM)jj1 Wrote:  
(01-23-2014 02:58 PM)blazr Wrote:  Dear Coach Clark,

Sincerely,

BlazerTalk

P.S. Smart. S-M-A-R-T.

Could you be a little more adversarial.

You are obviously new here... This statement was all about facilities and raises valid concerns. I have heard that McGee used facillities as an excuse to crawl back to Louisville.
01-23-2014 03:21 PM
Advertisement

thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

He has said an awful lot, surprisingly specifically, about facility improvements happening quickly, and it's all in print media and on video. It will be much harder this time for the BOT to kick the can down the road with impunity.
01-23-2014 03:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(01-23-2014 03:21 PM)uab278 Wrote:  I have heard that McGee used facillities as an excuse to crawl back to Louisville.

I could see him trying to drive a hard bargain about facilities like Clark did, but in more of an arrogant ******* way that got shut down and burned bridges with the trustees.
01-23-2014 03:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
(01-23-2014 03:23 PM)thebernreuter Wrote:  He has said an awful lot, surprisingly specifically, about facility improvements happening quickly, and it's all in print media and on video. It will be much harder this time for the BOT to kick the can down the road with impunity.

No, it won't. They don't care what people think of them.
01-23-2014 03:40 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

Message from Coach Clark
Dammit...forgot the blue font.
01-23-2014 03:40 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Hard truth:

McGee didn't think facilities were an issue because he didn't respect Conference USA and thought that his talent was good enough to coach UAB to a bowl game and he'd be hired away before anything could be built in the first place.

When he fell flat on his face, he found out what being a head coach really meant and realized the actual work and challenge ahead it would be to dig out wins at UAB. He tucked his tail between his legs and bolted the first chance he got...gave UAB $550,000 and got a raise out of the deal.

To McGee, UAB was a ladder with only two rungs. He made the decision to climb back down to get on another ladder with more steps towards the top. Fortunately for us, Bill Clark knows he has to make his own rungs at UAB to get to the top.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 03:43 PM by demiveeman.)
01-23-2014 03:42 PM
Advertisement

the Dragon Offline
Heisman

(01-23-2014 03:42 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  Hard truth:

McGee didn't think facilities were an issue because he didn't respect Conference USA and thought that his talent was good enough to coach UAB to a bowl game and he'd be hired away before anything could be built in the first place.

When he fell flat on his face, he found out what being a head coach really meant and realized the actual work and challenge ahead it would be to dig out wins at UAB. He tucked his tail between his legs and bolted the first chance he got...gave UAB $550,000 and got a raise out of the deal.

To McGee, UAB was a ladder with only two rungs. He made the decision to climb back down to get on another ladder with more steps towards the top. Fortunately for us, Bill Clark knows he has to make his own rungs at UAB to get to the top.

That truth is not that hard. I think you nailed it, and we're better off with this guy! Let's back Coach Clark and support this team. We are primed for some success in the next two years (with experienced, veteran players who will now hopefully receive high-quality, fundamentally sound coaching). Let's hope we can leverage success into more success beyond.
01-23-2014 03:49 PM
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

That is spot on.

I will say this: I have not been terribly impressed with Clark's answers, press conference, etc.--not nearly as much as I was our former coach. But, we saw what how much that rhetoric turned out to be worth. I don't really care if Clark says all the right things; I want him to work hard, on and off the field, instill that same work ethic in our players, and win. That will do all the talking itself.

I am behind him 100%.
01-23-2014 03:55 PM
the Dragon Offline
Heisman

(01-23-2014 03:55 PM)bftb Wrote:  I will say this: I have not been terribly impressed with Clark's answers, press conference, etc.--not nearly as much as I was our former coach. But, we saw what how much that rhetoric turned out to be worth. I don't really care if Clark says all the right things; I want him to work hard, on and off the field, instill that same work ethic in our players, and win. That will do all the talking itself.

I am behind him 100%.

I understand what you are saying. I think we had a solid football guy in Coach Callaway, but he was not a great head coach. He was terrible in front of media and a crowd.

McGee talked the talk, and we were all ready to buy into that because he was the anti-Callaway. He turned out to be a blow-hard and a scumbag.

Clark seems to be media friendly, but not overly inspiring. However, he seems to be a solid, hard-working "family" guy who will love his players and put in the hard work.

It seems like the right balance for UAB. I'm 100% in!
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 04:01 PM by the Dragon.)
01-23-2014 04:00 PM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

(01-23-2014 02:34 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  He really wrote that letter on a weird angle...but other than that I have to say, he has impeccable handwriting.

He is a lefty.
01-23-2014 04:15 PM
CajunBlazer Offline
1st String

(01-23-2014 03:23 PM)thebernreuter Wrote:  He has said an awful lot, surprisingly specifically, about facility improvements happening quickly, and it's all in print media and on video. It will be much harder this time for the BOT to kick the can down the road with impunity.

What exactly did Coach Calark say about "facility improvements happening quickly". He seem to emphasis in his letter the commitments that were made to him. Do you guys know what commitments were made to him? I can't imagine our president and AD making commitments to a new coach without approval of the BOT if it requires BOT action to keep those pomises. They might got away with telling McGee that the new stadium and facilities were all but approved, but given what happened after that surely the Clark had to have better assurances.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 04:25 PM by CajunBlazer.)
01-23-2014 04:24 PM
Advertisement

hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

(01-23-2014 03:55 PM)bftb Wrote:  

That is spot on.

I will say this: I have not been terribly impressed with Clark's answers, press conference, etc.--not nearly as much as I was our former coach. But, we saw what how much that rhetoric turned out to be worth. I don't really care if Clark says all the right things; I want him to work hard, on and off the field, instill that same work ethic in our players, and win. That will do all the talking itself.

I am behind him 100%.

What answers have you not been impressed with?
01-23-2014 04:27 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

(01-23-2014 04:24 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  

What exactly did Coach Calark say about "facility improvements happening quickly". He seem to emphasis in his letter the commitments that were made to him. Do you guys know what commitments were made to him? I can't imagine our president and AD making commitments to a new coach without approval of the BOT if it requires BOT action to keep those pomises. They might got away with telling McGee that the new stadium and facilities were all but approved, but given what happened after that surely the Clark had to have better assurances.

His interviews on radio basically stated that building was imminent.
01-23-2014 04:34 PM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

Look at McGee's recruiting classes nearly all offense. His plan was to get his offense going with a good running attack to control the clock out score his his oponents build a name for himself and bolt to the next coaching job. But, you are right he didn't respect CUSA's defenses; I guess that SEC arrogance is not just for the fans.
01-23-2014 04:37 PM
UAB Band Dad Online
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-23-2014 04:24 PM)CajunBlazer Wrote:  

I doubt a damn soul promised him an OCS. We all know that would not be realistic, if I may put it politely. So what's reasonable to talk about?

He's mentioned the practice field, locker rooms, and football offices. These are incremental improvements that have already been talked about and in some cases are on the building plan. Possibly some sort of indoor practice facility? Maybe the fieldhouse in its slot near where the OCS will be built?

In any case, I expect that we'll be hearing more specifics, and that there will be an active fund raising plan for athletics put into place sometime in the near future.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014 04:47 PM by UAB Band Dad.)
01-23-2014 04:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.