Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cruz: Obama's Policies Worsen Income Inequality
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Cruz: Obama's Policies Worsen Income Inequality
Quote:The essence of irresponsibility is seeing a harm, seeing the facts and refusing to act. What else do we know? We know that Obamacare is killing jobs all across the country. Indeed, Obamacare is the biggest job killer in this nation.

The U.S. Chamber of commerce has said of small businesses impacted by the employer mandate, one half of small businesses say they will either cut hours to reduce full-time employees or replace full-time employees with part-time workers to avoid the mandate.

24% say they reduced hiring to under 50 workers. The President has been talking about income inequality. This exacerbates income inequality, this is why the rich have gotten richer under president Obama but the people who are struggling, young people, Hispanics, single moms, people like my dad who 56 years ago washed dishes for 50 cents an hour as a teenaged immigrant. Those are the people laid off because of Obamacare.

Income inequality is increasing and, Mr. President, what have the Senate Majority Leader and Senate Democrats done to protect Americans from Obamacare? The answer is simple. Nothing.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cruz...74803.html
01-17-2014 11:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Cruz: Obama's Policies Worsen Income Inequality
Every member of the GOP ought to be making these same claims in their local papers. Make it loud, make it clear, make it simple, make it airtight, make it be repeated until everyone knows the lyrics.
01-17-2014 11:50 AM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Cruz is a joke, and I really wish the republicans wouldn't base their future around politicians like him because it just removes the possibility of a true contender for future elections.
01-17-2014 11:57 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(01-17-2014 11:57 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  Cruz is a joke, and I really wish the republicans wouldn't base their future around politicians like him because it just removes the possibility of a true contender for future elections.

Thanks for the sincere concern.
01-17-2014 12:01 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-17-2014 12:01 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(01-17-2014 11:57 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  Cruz is a joke, and I really wish the republicans wouldn't base their future around politicians like him because it just removes the possibility of a true contender for future elections.

I'm tired of not having a real choice, and I wish the republican party could cut ties with people like you to give me one. Give me a Rockefeller republican, or hell even Nixon without the paranoia.
01-17-2014 12:10 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-17-2014 11:50 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Every member of the GOP ought to be making these same claims in their local papers. Make it loud, make it clear, make it simple, make it airtight, make it be repeated until everyone knows the lyrics.

But this is exactly what the GOP has consistently failed to do for at least 20 years. Newt's contract was the last time they tried, and it worked like a champ, at least until they let their visceral hatred for the Clintons override their good sense.
01-17-2014 12:10 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(01-17-2014 12:10 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(01-17-2014 11:50 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  Every member of the GOP ought to be making these same claims in their local papers. Make it loud, make it clear, make it simple, make it airtight, make it be repeated until everyone knows the lyrics.

But this is exactly what the GOP has consistently failed to do for at least 20 years.

I know. Obviously no one within the party can figure it out, so I wrote it thinking maybe one of them would stumble on to it. ;-)
01-17-2014 12:28 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

He is? Seems he was basically spot on with the entire zerOcare debacle and it's only going to get worse. Far worse.

If one of the smartest to ever go through Harvard law is a joke, where does that leave the rest of us?
01-17-2014 12:31 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(01-17-2014 12:10 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  

I'm tired of not having a real choice, and I wish the republican party could cut ties with people like you to give me one. Give me a Rockefeller republican, or hell even Nixon without the paranoia.
If you want someone in the center it's too late, that's not going to do any good. Too many things to correct now.
01-17-2014 12:39 PM
Hitch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
I don't think Cruz has enough stature left in the party right now to really change the conversation. He burned the GOP pretty badly with the shutdown and I think he's going to struggle to get anyone to publicly attach themselves to his message. He may need to work more behind the scenes if he wants to be a player.
01-17-2014 12:39 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(01-17-2014 11:48 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
Quote:The essence of irresponsibility is seeing a harm, seeing the facts and refusing to act. What else do we know? We know that Obamacare is killing jobs all across the country. Indeed, Obamacare is the biggest job killer in this nation.

The U.S. Chamber of commerce has said of small businesses impacted by the employer mandate, one half of small businesses say they will either cut hours to reduce full-time employees or replace full-time employees with part-time workers to avoid the mandate.

24% say they reduced hiring to under 50 workers. The President has been talking about income inequality. This exacerbates income inequality, this is why the rich have gotten richer under president Obama but the people who are struggling, young people, Hispanics, single moms, people like my dad who 56 years ago washed dishes for 50 cents an hour as a teenaged immigrant. Those are the people laid off because of Obamacare.

Income inequality is increasing and, Mr. President, what have the Senate Majority Leader and Senate Democrats done to protect Americans from Obamacare? The answer is simple. Nothing.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cruz...74803.html

So let me see if I have this straight. The employers are cutting back on workers because they are too cheap to pay for health insurance but it's somehow Obama's fault?

But of course when they make profit they built it all themselves. 03-lmfao

What happened to personal responsibility?
01-17-2014 12:43 PM
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(01-17-2014 12:39 PM)Hitch Wrote:  I don't think Cruz has enough stature left in the party right now to really change the conversation. He burned the GOP pretty badly with the shutdown and I think he's going to struggle to get anyone to publicly attach themselves to his message. He may need to work more behind the scenes if he wants to be a player.

The only one in the current conversation that could be a threat to Cruz/Paul is Jeb Bush. The establishment has nobody else left and an upended establishment is just what is needed.
01-17-2014 12:47 PM
Hitch Offline
1st String

(01-17-2014 12:47 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(01-17-2014 12:39 PM)Hitch Wrote:  I don't think Cruz has enough stature left in the party right now to really change the conversation. He burned the GOP pretty badly with the shutdown and I think he's going to struggle to get anyone to publicly attach themselves to his message. He may need to work more behind the scenes if he wants to be a player.

The only one in the current conversation that could be a threat to Cruz/Paul is Jeb Bush. The establishment has nobody else left and an upended establishment is just what is needed.

But can that win in the General Election? I have my doubts. Then again, "establishment" hasn't been working for the Republicans in a while. One popular vote POTUS victory since 1988? That may be an indication that the message isn't resonating with the American people. It's also possible that messaging the platform isn't the problem, but rather the platform itself needs to be updated.

That being said, I have my doubts that Cruz/Paul are the ones to turn the tide. Bush has the unfortunate baggage of his last name and I'm not sure he has enough national stature for people to tell the difference between him and W.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 12:53 PM by Hitch.)
01-17-2014 12:52 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert

Romney and McCain were very much moderate to left-leaning Republicans. It did not get the Republicans anywhere in the last two presidential elections.

Please give me an example of a current Republican politican you find would be a "choice".
01-17-2014 01:16 PM
Hitch Offline
1st String

(01-17-2014 01:16 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Romney and McCain were very much moderate to left-leaning Republicans. It did not get the Republicans anywhere in the last two presidential elections.

Please give me an example of a current Republican politican you find would be a "choice".

Many moderates were interested in Huntsman, but he was drowned out by winners like Cain and Perry.
01-17-2014 01:18 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.

The Republican Party absolutely despise Cruz. The more they do, the better he looks.
01-17-2014 01:44 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(01-17-2014 01:44 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  

The Republican Party absolutely despise Cruz. The more they do, the better he looks.

The better he looks for the democratic party. That is what makes this so interesting.

Both the Democratic Party and the Tea Party want this guy to run but for different reasons. 03-lmfao
01-17-2014 01:46 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(01-17-2014 01:18 PM)Hitch Wrote:  

Many moderates were interested in Huntsman, but he was drowned out by winners like Cain and Perry.

If many moderates were interested in Huntsman, they would have voted for him. Instead, they voted for Romney and the Republican establishment so that is what they got. I don't think Huntsman even managed 1% before he had to quit.
01-17-2014 01:47 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(01-17-2014 01:46 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(01-17-2014 01:44 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  

The better he looks for the democratic party. That is what makes this so interesting.

Both the Democratic Party and the Tea Party want this guy to run but for different reasons. 03-lmfao

Good, hopefully the democrats cross over and vote for him in the primary. After all, the dem primary should be essentially unchallenged.
01-17-2014 01:49 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-17-2014 01:47 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(01-17-2014 01:18 PM)Hitch Wrote:  
(01-17-2014 12:01 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  Thanks for the sincere concern.

If many moderates were interested in Huntsman, they would have voted for him. Instead, they voted for Romney and the Republican establishment so that is what they got. I don't think Huntsman even managed 1% before he had to quit.

The primaries are dominated by party loyalists you nitwit, and the party loyalists as a whole skew further right of center than democrats skew left of center. How many legitimate republican candidates stated they believed that the earth was created 6,000 years ago last election? You're giving the loonies far too much control of the party and it's ruining american politics.
01-17-2014 02:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.