Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Louisville CB Andrew Johnson Sounds Off On Charlie Strong: “He Ain’t Real”
EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

I Root For: The Ville
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dc809?utm_c...witter.com

This afternoon, all eyes have been on Austin as Charlie Strong held his introductory press conference at the University of Texas. Strong poked fun at the media, had some interesting life advice for everyone in attendance, and generally acclimated himself well to the media circus.

One person who was not pleased with the scene was Louisville cornerback Andrew Johnson, who was watching the press conference from afar. He obviously is very disappointed in his former coach’s decision to leave the Cardinals, and seeing Strong in burnt orange brought out a little bit of emotion — Johnson decided to sound off on Twitter:

[Image: aj1.jpg]

[Image: aj3.jpg]

[Image: aj2.jpg]

[Image: aj4.jpg]

Of course, coaching changes are never easy, and it’s obvious why Johnson feels the way he does, especially if Strong did tell the players that he wasn’t going anywhere. That being said, Strong wouldn’t be the first coach to hide the truth from his players, and he had to do what was best for himself. There’s just no point in crying over spilled milk now anyway — what is done is done.
01-06-2014 01:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EnterSandman Offline
Master Of Your Domain

I Root For: The Ville
RE: Louisville CB Andrew Johnson Sounds Off On Charlie Strong: “He Ain’t Real”
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...le-players

'His bald head ass': Louisville players upset about Charlie Strong's exit.

[Image: 20131228_jla_mb2_472.0_standard_783.0.jpg]

Cardinal players are upset with the manner in which Strong left for Texas.

Former Louisville head coach Charlie Strong has left the program for Texas after four years with the Cardinals, and the news has understandably left some of his former players upset.

Cornerback Andrew Johnson tweeted multiple times about the coach, saying "he ain't real," "he so fake" and tweeting this after one of the first pictures of Strong in Texas was released.

[Image: ii1x5Xe_medium.png]

Johnson took a slightly different approach when tweeting at Strong's Louisville account.

Quote:Andrew Johnson @LockDown_15

@CharlieStrongUL Thanks for everything. Wish u the best of luck at Texas. U built a powerhouse program. Just pray to god we never play Texas

A common theme of frustration for the Louisville players was Strong's lack of communication with the Cardinals -- players alleged he promised them he was staying, and did not tell them of the news first. Instead, many found out through other means.

Quote:DeVante Parker @TalentedYoung9

Idc about him leaving, he could have at least told us before. Not mad at him though.

Quote:IPO @Nilijah_Ballew

Man this sucks. We shut down our recruiting to stay loyal and committed then this happens.. It's the business. But nonetheless optimistic

[Image: BdMERWeIYAAhEYx.jpg:large]

Quote:Jarel McGriff-Culver @J_Culver

Hell of a way to find out

Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich reportedly spoke to the players and attempted to fire them up, pleading patience for the program.

Quote:Eric Crawford @ericcrawford

Jurich told players "I don't care who was wearing the headset, it's your work that built this program, and will determine our future."

Strong was introduced Monday as the new head coach of the University of Texas.
01-06-2014 02:52 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
That is the one thing Charlie will always regret. Not telling His players the truth to their faces. At least said Goodbye and hugged Them. Many said He was a Father figure to Them. Guess He's become another one of those Fathers that don't look back when another pretty face came along. I want the players to know We the Fans care.
01-06-2014 11:20 PM
Advertisement

Pitino Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisville
Alot of these guys came to Louisville because of Charlie Strong. It is easy to pick up and leave if you are a coach. Not so easy for the student athlete. I'd be pissed too. I wonder if there will be some issues between the players and Petrino's staff.
01-11-2014 08:05 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Well Krackhead ran off many of Petrino's players when He arrived. That put Him way in the hole before the season even started. He was Clueless. Bobby's Not. He can get players to buy into His system. The WKU game plan to beat UK was Vintage Petrino from the kickoff. The system works and so will the players He inherited.
01-12-2014 10:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.