Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bengals post-game
Bookmark and Share
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Bengals post-game
As I start this thread there's actually 4:00 left but the game has been over for some time.
The right side of our O line today was just crap, unelievably bad, but that's not my big concern, that can be fixed.

1. Gruden..someone please give him a head coaching job, maybe Cleveland. his game plan sucked, he made no in game adjustments.

2. For the first time I say we have seen too much of this stuff from Andy, that last int was a grade school int and they expect him to lead the franchise??

3. with time winding down in the first half some members of the Bengals were trotting out on the field like it was a day in the park. WTF???

4. Gio's fumble and AJ's drop...big players making big mistakes at bad times...wow, those hurt.

03-puke

01-05-2014 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
RE: Bengals post-game
You have to fire Gruden and Marvin. Lewis has the stink of defeat on him. He has to go.

QB, find a FA or a later round pick. Dalton is just not good enough.

OL. Not sure if it's mostly Cook but my guess is he's a large part of the problem. Time to pack your bags Kyle.

Defense, need Geno back.

01-05-2014 04:11 PM
Flying Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Who I wnt 2 win
(01-05-2014 04:06 PM)beck Wrote:  As I start this thread there's actually 4:00 left but the game has been over for some time.
The right side of our O line today was just crap, unelievably bad, but that's not my big concern, that can be fixed.

1. Gruden..someone please give him a head coaching job, maybe Cleveland. his game plan sucked, he made no in game adjustments.

2. For the first time I say we have seen too much of this stuff from Andy, that last int was a grade school int and they expect him to lead the franchise??

3. with time winding down in the first half some members of the Bengals were trotting out on the field like it was a day in the park. WTF???

4. Gio's fumble and AJ's drop...big players making big mistakes at bad times...wow, those hurt.

03-puke

The sad thing is that he may of been so terrible that he won't get a coaching job. He will be here until his contract is up because Mike Brown does not want to spend money on his contract firing him.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 04:16 PM by Flying Bearcat.)
01-05-2014 04:15 PM
BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
Lewis is going nowhere. Gruden may get an offer, wouldn't surprise me.

01-05-2014 04:18 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Lewis is not going anywhere as long as tickets, jerseys and beer is being sold. And that team was good enough this year to sell a lot of each.

01-05-2014 04:21 PM
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
James Harrison..seeya, Kyle Cook..seeya. Addition by subtraction.

The easy excuse is that our injuries finally caught up to us, and there is some truth to that, but we had enough on the field to do the job and they did not do it.

01-05-2014 04:21 PM
Advertisement

BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
They played with no passion all game. They say their goal is to win a Super Bowl and then they come out and go through the motions like the chargers were going to give it to them since the bengals already beat them. Terrible all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

01-05-2014 04:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Sorry, I was so mad I posted this in the wrong forum, please move.

01-05-2014 04:26 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
Wonder if they might consider drafting a guy like Tajh Boyd after the 3rd round to groom as backup/future starter. He's a little short, but so is Russell Wilson. When I watch him play, he seems like a natural leader.

01-05-2014 04:27 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
Outcoached, outplayed, lose the turnover battle, is just a huge recipe for defeat.

DON'T KNOW IF Dalton IS THE PROBLEM BUT AFTER THREE YEARS YOU GOT TO START WONDERING.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 04:37 PM by CincyBro.)
01-05-2014 04:36 PM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
I wore my Orange and Black and cheered on the Bengals today like the rest of Cincinnati; however, when do you think the city will start to take notice of the great college basketball being played in this town?

How about college basketball roundtable instead of months of post-mortem discussion regarding another playoff failure. The Bengals still had a good season, the Reds had a good season, but less put those teams to bed for a few months and focus on college basketball.

01-05-2014 04:46 PM
Advertisement

BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(01-05-2014 04:36 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  Outcoached, outplayed, lose the turnover battle, is just a huge recipe for defeat.

DON'T KNOW IF Dalton IS THE PROBLEM BUT AFTER THREE YEARS YOU GOT TO START WONDERING.

Dalton is one if a handful of QBs to lead his team to the playoffs his first three seasons. He definitely has struggles in the playoffs, but a few big drops and Gio's fumble killed them. The game plan was totally different and too conservative. Do what got you here and make adjustments. Another playoff game when they didn't come up with ways to get the ball to Green. Dalton still makes a few stupid decisions, especially when pressured. I think this is on the coaches for a poor gameplan and not getting the team fired up. Flat all game.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 04:50 PM by BigDawg.)
01-05-2014 04:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Hard to dispute that, Dawg, but that int Andy threw looking for Eifert....

01-05-2014 04:57 PM
pobearman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Outcoached big time. The fumble by Gio changed momentum even though the Bengals scored a FG. Marvin went in at halftime saying they needed to stop the run and SD changed it up on them. Great game plan by SD awful by the Bengals. The offensive line was horrific, Dalton had no time and the plays took way too long to develop.

01-05-2014 05:02 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(01-05-2014 04:49 PM)BigDawg Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 04:36 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  Outcoached, outplayed, lose the turnover battle, is just a huge recipe for defeat.

Dalton is one if a handful of QBs to lead his team to the playoffs his first three seasons. He definitely has struggles in the playoffs, but a few big drops and Gio's fumble killed them. The game plan was totally different and too conservative. Do what got you here and make adjustments. Another playoff game when they didn't come up with ways to get the ball to Green. Dalton still makes a few stupid decisions, especially when pressured. I think this is on the coaches for a poor gameplan and not getting the team fired up. Flat all game.

I was at the game. Dalton was single-handedly responsible for three of the four turnovers. He has not won the big games. He has got to go.
Maybe look at Mettenberger of LSU.

01-05-2014 05:16 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
(01-05-2014 04:46 PM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  I wore my Orange and Black and cheered on the Bengals today like the rest of Cincinnati; however, when do you think the city will start to take notice of the great college basketball being played in this town?

How about college basketball roundtable instead of months of post-mortem discussion regarding another playoff failure. The Bengals still had a good season, the Reds had a good season, but less put those teams to bed for a few months and focus on college basketball.

NFL and MLB will always trump college sports in media coverage. It's really that simple.

Besides, now it's time to start making mock drafts! 03-nerner

01-05-2014 05:22 PM
Advertisement

BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
Is there any other professional sports franchise where a coach can go 11 seasons without a playoff win and keep his job?

01-05-2014 05:35 PM
Bearcat04 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The CATS
(01-05-2014 05:35 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  Is there any other professional sports franchise where a coach can go 11 seasons without a playoff win and keep his job?

Not sure about the other leagues, but I know Jim Mora resigned after his 11th season with the Saints and no playoff wins.

01-05-2014 05:39 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(01-05-2014 05:35 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  Is there any other professional sports franchise where a coach can go 11 seasons without a playoff win and keep his job?

Dusty was fired for no playoff wins in fewer seasons.

The Bengals had every intangible to their advantage today...home field where they hadn't lost all season, cold weather playing a warm weather team, west coast team crossing 3 time zones, a team they'd beaten in the regular season.

Marvin should be fired for not having them ready to WIN not just play. The team looked and played like they were going through the motions.

I paid a lot of money to see a Bengals playoff win today as it's been almost a 1/4 century since they last won a playoff game. They had everything going their way and they laid one huge rotten egg.

If they make the playoffs next year they should not be surprised if fans don't spend the money and go.

01-05-2014 05:44 PM
eastside cat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
that's funny I went to the game and just as mad. What a self destruct. Heads need to roll. On bright side, Bearcats band looked good at halftime.
(01-05-2014 04:26 PM)beck Wrote:  Sorry, I was so mad I posted this in the wrong forum, please move.

01-05-2014 05:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.