Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

The announcers made a great point
Bookmark and Share
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
The announcers made a great point
In the final minutes We shot and missed consecutive 3 point shots. Had we made them we'd have been down 3, but we didn't and we were down 9.

I'd like to add to that point. The fact that we were down 9 instead of 3 changed the whole dynamics of the last 3 minutes. We had to go into aggressive mode on defense which caused more fouls and free points. we had to be more desperate on offense which caused more missed 3 point shots and unforced turnovers.

Fact is it was a close game that could have gone any way. The final score was a byproduct of trying to come back and win.

Unfortunately the final score looks like a blow out and now we'll be punished in the polls. Possibly out of the top 25, but probably around 22ish so that there is a good marquee game on Thursday night vs. the Cards.

We just need to be careful now and not lose the next 3. Which is extremely possible.
01-04-2014 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Ligers
RE: The announcers made a great point
Seriously. Game of ifs is what losers do.

2-17 says quit pushing against the wall because evidently it's not going to move.

Try a different approach else be happy with performing no work.
01-04-2014 07:45 PM
hollywoodtigerhound Offline
U.S. Constitution

I Root For: MEMPHIS MACHINE
Ehhh yah well it could have gone either way if both teams came to play, be that as it may only one team came to play, and that team was The University of Cincinnati bearcats.

Done.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 07:47 PM by hollywoodtigerhound.)
01-04-2014 07:45 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-04-2014 07:41 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  In the final minutes We shot and missed consecutive 3 point shots. Had we made them we'd have been down 3, but we didn't and we were down 9.

I'd like to add to that point. The fact that we were down 9 instead of 3 changed the whole dynamics of the last 3 minutes. We had to go into aggressive mode on defense which caused more fouls and free points. we had to be more desperate on offense which caused more missed 3 point shots and unforced turnovers.

Fact is it was a close game that could have gone any way. The final score was a byproduct of trying to come back and win.

Unfortunately the final score looks like a blow out and now we'll be punished in the polls. Possibly out of the top 25, but probably around 22ish so that there is a good marquee game on Thursday night vs. the Cards.

We just need to be careful now and not lose the next 3. Which is extremely possible.
the last three minutes were important, and our coach took JOE and put him on the bench because he was mad at him. if he is mad at him take it out on him in practice, but to basically throw the game down the toilet in the last four minutes by putting your best player on the bench is messed up.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 07:55 PM by Joe1.)
01-04-2014 07:54 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(01-04-2014 07:41 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  In the final minutes We shot and missed consecutive 3 point shots. Had we made them we'd have been down 3, but we didn't and we were down 9.

Fail. We lost by what we lost by based on poor play and selfish individual play that looked more like the Ok State game than anything else. Cincy played excellent defense and instead of stepping up to the challenge to run our offense we shot ourselves out of the game, became very careless with our passes and stopped running the Offense.

Cincy is an experienced team that maintained their composure. We are an experienced team that did not.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 08:41 AM by Tigerx3.)
01-04-2014 08:04 PM
Sheldon Cooper Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tigers

It quit being a close game with about 7 minutes left in the game. We missed shot after shot. Missed free throws, and they got 2 buckets with free throws to follow. By 4 minutes left, the lead was double digit and I would call the result a blowout. There is no way it could have gone either way.
01-04-2014 08:10 PM
Advertisement

BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
Well fact is if we made those two 3's we're only down by 3...kinda my original point. Disagree on.
01-04-2014 09:17 PM
blutgr39 Offline
Special Teams

IF I picked the right lottery numbers.............. lol
01-04-2014 11:59 PM
mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
We don't play good in early morning games....make a note of that...
01-04-2014 11:59 PM
Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
How can you sugar coat this crap?
01-05-2014 12:03 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-04-2014 07:45 PM)hollywoodtigerhound Wrote:  Ehhh yah well it could have gone either way if both teams came to play, be that as it may only one team came to play, and that team was The University of Cincinnati bearcats.

Done.

I agree, we didn't play with any heart today. Let Cincy push us around without pushing back.

Playing four guards is cute, but I'd like to see what Shaq, Pellom and Nichols could do in the line up together. With either JJ or Dixon at the point. Having both of them in the game at the same time just leads to shots getting swatted away and the other teams scoring at will in the paint.

It's basketball, not track.
01-05-2014 12:12 AM
Advertisement

Dynamos Offline
Heisman

I Root For: 3 Day Weekends
This is about the dumbest way of thinking Ive ever heard of.
01-05-2014 12:12 AM
mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
(01-05-2014 12:12 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 07:45 PM)hollywoodtigerhound Wrote:  Ehhh yah well it could have gone either way if both teams came to play, be that as it may only one team came to play, and that team was The University of Cincinnati bearcats.

Done.

I agree, we didn't play with any heart today. Let Cincy push us around without pushing back.

Playing four guards is cute, but I'd like to see what Shaq, Pellom and Nichols could do in the line up together. With either JJ or Dixon at the point. Having both of them in the game at the same time just leads to shots getting swatted away and the other teams scoring at will in the paint.

So...who you got in reserve to give them a break? Dom? Iverson? thank you for playing....please sit down...
01-05-2014 01:06 AM
hollywoodtigerhound Offline
U.S. Constitution

I Root For: MEMPHIS MACHINE

Done.

[Image: 9bff6574-95a4.gif]
01-05-2014 01:08 AM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-04-2014 07:54 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  

the last three minutes were important, and our coach took JOE and put him on the bench because he was mad at him. if he is mad at him take it out on him in practice, but to basically throw the game down the toilet in the last four minutes by putting your best player on the bench is messed up.

When your best player isn't demanding the ball when he is on the court, not getting back on d, not attacking, not playing hard then he deserves the bench. Well that was Joe today. Joe had a bad game. At times he didn't even work to get the ball and it was exactly how he played in stillwater.

You can't play Joe when he plays like that. I'd much rather have dixon out there attacking and playing hard while making mistakes that Joe not trying.
01-05-2014 02:25 AM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(01-04-2014 08:04 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  

Fail. We lost by what we lost by based on poor play and selfish individual play that looked more like the Ok State game than anything else. Cincy played excellent defense and instead stepping up to the challenge to run our offense we shot ourselves out of the game, became very careless with our passes stopped running the Offense.

Cincy is an experienced team tht maintained their exposure. We are an experienced team that I'd not.

We lost because:
- they have better frontline players, or at least, beefier ones that can push people out and get more rebounds
- we turned the ball over WAAAAAYYYYYYYYY too much with risky passes (or in Shaq''s case, the extra pass when he should have shot it)
- Dixon created too many empty possessions
- we were poor shooting the ball
01-05-2014 02:54 AM
Advertisement

Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(01-04-2014 07:54 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  the last three minutes were important, and our coach took JOE and put him on the bench because he was mad at him. if he is mad at him take it out on him in practice, but to basically throw the game down the toilet in the last four minutes by putting your best player on the bench is messed up.

Just shut up with that B.S.
01-05-2014 02:56 AM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
Lord have mercy.
01-05-2014 03:04 AM
Dat.B.Me Offline
Heisman

Cincy's defense having 10 blocks and 12 steals won this game. We shot 63 times, of that 46 shots were 2 point shots where Cincy blocked 21% (10) of them. The 2-17 from behind the arc tells us we are not a great 3 point shooting team again.
01-05-2014 05:00 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

Done.

First off Pellom was the only big who was able to push back and he got into foul trouble. If you cannot physically pound with a team then you have to try and out quick them. Hope to get them into foul trouble and get their bigs out of the game. Unfortunately we had the wrong crew for that plan. This one allowed very physical play and we could not match up. By the last 7 minutes out guys were beaten down by the style of play. We are not a big physical team and we do mot match up with very physical teams.
01-05-2014 05:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.