Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The importance of the UCF win
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
The importance of the UCF win
IMHO the true importance of the UCF win is that it creates space between the American and the other G5 since NIU, Boise, and Fresno all failed to make a BCS run, their last chance ever.

Just my two cents.
01-02-2014 09:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HoustonRocks Offline
1st String

I Root For: HoustonCougars
RE: The importance of the UCF win
8BitPirate, you are correct. The AAC willl have a winning bowl record if Houston wins. Hopefully, that would indicate its the conference and not just UCF.

I do not mean to belittle UCF's accomplishment by that statement. Just want the conference to look good. Their performance was great.
01-02-2014 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
Not only that, the other G5 champs were all humiliated. Blowout loss to 9-4 USC, loss to 6-6 Pitt, and blowout loss to Miss St. And NIU lost to Utah St.
01-02-2014 10:30 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
This is very important... I think it reflects AAC football strength... and better bring your A game when playing any American member.
01-03-2014 12:25 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Don't you go on other G5 boards, there is no difference between the g5 conf. :0)
01-03-2014 08:03 AM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(01-02-2014 09:37 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  IMHO the true importance of the UCF win is that it creates space between the American and the other G5 since NIU, Boise, and Fresno all failed to make a BCS run, their last chance ever.

Just my two cents.

What do you mean by their "last chance ever"? Are you saying Fresno St etc. won't ever have a chance to make the G5 game now that UCF won this game?? I don't get it. Didn't Boise play in two Fiesta Bowls without an auto bid before UCF got in with the AQ bid? By the way, great game UCF you beat Baylor at their own game.04-cheers
01-03-2014 04:36 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(01-03-2014 12:25 AM)BigHouston Wrote:  This is very important... I think it reflects AAC football strength... and better bring your A game when playing any American member.

Well you could probably bring your B game against three members of the AAC and you could bring your C game against another member and still come out with a W.
01-03-2014 04:39 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
Really need Houston to win now. Another win against the SEC and it might create a conversation.
01-03-2014 04:42 PM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(01-03-2014 04:36 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 09:37 PM)8BitPirate Wrote:  IMHO the true importance of the UCF win is that it creates space between the American and the other G5 since NIU, Boise, and Fresno all failed to make a BCS run, their last chance ever.

Just my two cents.

What do you mean by their "last chance ever"? Are you saying Fresno St etc. won't ever have a chance to make the G5 game now that UCF won this game?? I don't get it. Didn't Boise play in two Fiesta Bowls without an auto bid before UCF got in with the AQ bid? By the way, great game UCF you beat Baylor at their own game.04-cheers

Last chance to do it under the current (old) system. Many believe it is easier for G5 teams to get to a major bowl now than it will be in the new system.
01-03-2014 04:42 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Just my two cents.

UCF had just one BCS win. UCF will become one of the Top G5 teams, if they can continue to beat P5 teams. One game a trend does not make, a series of continuous wins a trend makes! I think the location of UCF in talent rich Florida makes this highly possible, but they are not there yet. Only time will answer this. 07-coffee3
01-03-2014 04:48 PM
UCF_SystemsEng Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(01-03-2014 04:48 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  

Just my two cents.

UCF had just one BCS win. UCF will become one of the Top G5 teams, if they can continue to beat P5 teams. One game a trend does not make, a series of continuous wins a trend makes! I think the location of UCF in talent rich Florida makes this highly possible, but they are not there yet. Only time will answer this. 07-coffee3
No need to be like that. UCF is the best team that will be in a Forgotten Five conference next year, it's not even worthy of debate. If Louisville stuck around next year you'd be a close 2nd, so there's that.
01-03-2014 10:30 PM
Advertisement

apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(01-03-2014 10:30 PM)UCF_SystemsEng Wrote:  

Just my two cents.

No need to be like that. UCF is the best team that will be in a Forgotten Five conference next year, it's not even worthy of debate. If Louisville stuck around next year you'd be a close 2nd, so there's that.

Arrogant much? Without Bortles, you can't lay claim to that kind of separation. Even with him, there were plenty of scary tight games for UCF.
01-03-2014 10:42 PM
AACtopER Offline
2nd String

(01-03-2014 10:42 PM)apex_pirate Wrote:  

Just my two cents.

Arrogant much? Without Bortles, you can't lay claim to that kind of separation. Even with him, there were plenty of scary tight games for UCF.

i don't get it, they beat baylor... A fantastic win! but dude what are these kids smoking thinking they will be the best G5 team... I just looked at their scores... they won in difference of field goals... a team that wins by the distance of nut sack doesn't constitute to be number 1 year in,year out... UCF come back next year, and make a repeat we will start talking... for now enjoy the victory, thank you UCF for bringing home a BCS win, means alot for the AAC...

again, do this again next year. We will see... better get ready for ECU.
01-03-2014 10:56 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

Like this year. Still won all but one. And if Holman starts, An athletic QB at 6'4".
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 10:59 PM by sierrajip.)
01-03-2014 10:56 PM
UCF_SystemsEng Offline
Special Teams

(01-03-2014 10:56 PM)AACtopER Wrote:  

Just my two cents.

i don't get it, they beat baylor... A fantastic win! but dude what are these kids smoking thinking they will be the best G5 team... I just looked at their scores... they won in difference of field goals... a team that wins by the distance of nut sack doesn't constitute to be number 1 year in,year out... UCF come back next year, and make a repeat we will start talking... for now enjoy the victory, thank you UCF for bringing home a BCS win, means alot for the AAC...

Relax dude, I was just trolling the condescending L'ville Dbag. Looking forward to renewing our rivalry. Most don't realize UCF has had three 10+ win seasons in the last four years. This isn't a one year flash in the pan.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 11:15 PM by UCF_SystemsEng.)
01-03-2014 11:12 PM
AACtopER Offline
2nd String

(01-03-2014 11:12 PM)UCF_SystemsEng Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 10:56 PM)AACtopER Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 04:48 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  UCF had just one BCS win. UCF will become one of the Top G5 teams, if they can continue to beat P5 teams. One game a trend does not make, a series of continuous wins a trend makes! I think the location of UCF in talent rich Florida makes this highly possible, but they are not there yet. Only time will answer this. 07-coffee3

Relax dude, I was just trolling the condescending L'ville Dbag. Looking forward to renewing our rivalry. Most don't realize UCF has had three 10+ win seasons in the last four years. This isn't a one year flash in the pan.

Thats awesome, I knew you guys had few 10 plus seasons, however checking the OOC schedules... the teams you guys played are not very good. ECU plays Vtech, UNC(**** team), WVU, USC regularly yearly. We have tougher schedules... but not to take away from your limelight and hey fantastic win... We were all jealous and we are really thankful for the UCF win for AAC... MUCH needed publicity
01-04-2014 12:35 AM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

UCF will not surprise any body, any longer. 07-coffee3
01-04-2014 12:39 AM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(01-04-2014 12:39 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  UCF will not surprise any body, any longer. 07-coffee3

Nor will Louisville, any longer.
01-04-2014 12:44 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(01-04-2014 12:44 AM)Knightsweat Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 12:39 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  UCF will not surprise any body, any longer. 07-coffee3

True but it has been that way for Louisville for years now! 07-coffee3
01-04-2014 12:48 AM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(01-04-2014 12:48 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 12:44 AM)Knightsweat Wrote:  

True but it has been that way for Louisville for years now! 07-coffee3

No no, Bridgewater and Strong gone. Copeland gone. Who else? Louisville's relevance might just be behind you guys....... Oh, sorry. Here it is: 07-coffee3
01-04-2014 12:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.