Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats on Your Championship Season from an MSU Fan
Michigan Dawg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: MSU Bulldogs
Just returned home from the Liberty Bowl game to a very snowy Dearborn, Michigan. Nothing better than finding about 6 inches of snow waiting to be shoveled so I can pull my car in the driveway.

Anyway, just wanted to say congrats to Rice fans and team on your season and it was a pleasure to have been able to share a bowl game with you. I wish I had been able to meet some of the many nice Rice fans that were there but since we just got to the stadium right before the game started and had to leave immediately afterwards I had no time to mingle and get acquainted. I hope to remedy that situation if we ever have opportunity to meet again as I've heard nice things about your fans from others who were fortunate enough to spend time with them during the game.

Best wishes to Rice University and her fans for the coming year and God Bless.
01-02-2014 10:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

07owl Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
RE: Congrats on Your Championship Season from an MSU Fan
Thanks for the kind words. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we were very impressed with your team. I could definitely see you guys making some noise in the next few years with Prescott, even with how tough the SEC is
01-02-2014 10:37 AM
Memphis Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(01-02-2014 10:37 AM)07owl Wrote:  Thanks for the kind words. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we were very impressed with your team. I could definitely see you guys making some noise in the next few years with Prescott, even with how tough the SEC is

It's not just the SEC but The SEC West division...

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Texas A&M

How is it that Kentucky is in the East?
01-02-2014 07:39 PM
YOwl Ming Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(01-02-2014 07:39 PM)Memphis Owl Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 10:37 AM)07owl Wrote:  Thanks for the kind words. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we were very impressed with your team. I could definitely see you guys making some noise in the next few years with Prescott, even with how tough the SEC is

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Texas A&M

It used to divide as Central Time Zone = West, Eastern = East

So you might ask why Mizzou is in the East? Don't want to split Auburn and Bama, who (aside from having a protected rivalry w/each other) have old rivalries with East teams (Bama-UT, Auburn-UGa)
01-02-2014 07:58 PM
Advertisement

KingNayte Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Hooty Hoot!
New Orleans Bowl

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Texas A&M

the same way that Missouri is in the Southeast. And the East Division, for that matter.
01-02-2014 07:59 PM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Texas A&M

This is why their 6-6 record isn't a normal 6-6 record.

When your easiest 3 games in your division are Arakansas, Mississippi and Texas A&M/LSU you are gonna struggle to win more than 3 games in your own conference, let alone division.
01-02-2014 08:08 PM
Memphis Owl Offline
1st String

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
I should have looked at the map.... Missouri should be in the west by geography... The benefited by joining with A&M.
01-02-2014 08:11 PM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
The South division (assuming N-S) would be absolutely brutal ...

[Image: ac-sec-is.jpg]
01-02-2014 08:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.