Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fun on MNF
Bookmark and Share
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
Fun on MNF
Probably not a big deal to some of your schools who have had many players placed in the NFL but, we haven't.

Last night our 2 rookie UDFAs faced each other (teams) for the first time as foes.
While Morris is on the 53 man he's been used only as the gunner on the Niners ST this year. On the other side, Bartu (and TXST) got a lot of of "love" from Gruden/Berman/ESPN during the game. He ended with 11 tackles with 1 TFL & a QB hit.

Repping TXST in a positive way

On the other hand, the "tribute" to Candlestick was a bit much. Like it played some major role in world history. 03-zzz
12-24-2013 11:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Fun on MNF
It did play a large part, it was the first major stadium to have it's naming rights bought. That is why it was referred to as "Commercial Stick" for a long time.
12-24-2013 11:47 AM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

(12-24-2013 11:47 AM)Usajags Wrote:  It did play a large part, it was the first major stadium to have it's naming rights bought. That is why it was referred to as "Commercial Stick" for a long time.

In world history? Really?

One guy that tweets for the Falcons had some pretty hilarious posts (tweets) last night:

Welcome to Monday Night Football, featuring the 49ers versus…The retirement of Candlestick Park, the only self-aware Ballpark in the world!

Candlestick park once solved world hunger, cured AIDS and solved the mystery of Where’s Waldo? #ATLvsSF #Falcons

Candlestick park is the birth place of Jesus, the foundation of civilization and the hub of all happiness in the world. #ATLvsSF

It really was a bit over the top. Pre-game, during every time out, commercial break and throughout halftime.

I'm older than Candlestick and when they "put me down" I best get a sendoff better than even this one. 04-rock
12-24-2013 12:33 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(12-24-2013 12:33 PM)CatMom Wrote:  
(12-24-2013 11:47 AM)Usajags Wrote:  It did play a large part, it was the first major stadium to have it's naming rights bought. That is why it was referred to as "Commercial Stick" for a long time.

In world history? Really?

One guy that tweets for the Falcons had some pretty hilarious posts (tweets) last night:

Welcome to Monday Night Football, featuring the 49ers versus…The retirement of Candlestick Park, the only self-aware Ballpark in the world!

Candlestick park once solved world hunger, cured AIDS and solved the mystery of Where’s Waldo? #ATLvsSF #Falcons

Candlestick park is the birth place of Jesus, the foundation of civilization and the hub of all happiness in the world. #ATLvsSF

It really was a bit over the top. Pre-game, during every time out, commercial break and throughout halftime.

I'm older than Candlestick and when they "put me down" I best get a sendoff better than even this one. 04-rock

I don't know what the big deal was. Before this did you ever hear anyone say anything complimentary about the place. All I remember is complaining. Mainly from the Giants and the cold wind. Remember the story about the baseball pitcher getting blown off the mound in the All Star game.
12-24-2013 05:40 PM
appsfan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: App State
I went out to Candlestick to see the Panthers beat the Niners in November. That place is a dump. I am sure it was nice back in the day, but should have been replaced 20 years ago.
12-24-2013 07:44 PM
Advertisement

Dedsquirrl Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: USA Jaguars
Fun on MNF
Bartu has been a bright spot in an otherwise awful year for my Falcons.

As for Candlestick. The planet can open up and swallow that cursed piece of earth for all I care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-24-2013 07:45 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
You got to realize what you were watching last night. You weren't watching Fox News, you were watching MNF. The stadium was full and on TV when the earthquake hit. Had the earthquake hit 4 hours earlier in the day, it wouldn't have meant anything to Candlestick.
12-24-2013 07:53 PM
CatMom Offline
Getting Old Sucks!

(12-24-2013 07:45 PM)Dedsquirrl Wrote:  Bartu has been a bright spot in an otherwise awful year for my Falcons.

As for Candlestick. The planet can open up and swallow that cursed piece of earth for all I care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our fans are pretty proud of Joplo. Their fans still can't figure why he went undrafted. It's an easy answer. Mid-Major, under the radar and playing out of position part of his Sr year.
He can only get better so I hope to see him make it back on the roster in 2014.

As for Candlestick, I was more interested/upset when the Vet was imploded and I saw no MNF farewell for that one. Hell, I even have a piece of that cement, er, astroturf.
12-25-2013 02:42 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(12-24-2013 05:40 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  Before this did you ever hear anyone say anything complimentary about the place. All I remember is complaining. Mainly from the Giants and the cold wind.
Remember the story about the baseball pitcher getting blown off the mound in the All Star game.
That would be Stuart Miller, who turns 86 years old today (12/26).

The "wind in Candlestick" thing has been exaggerated through the years. Miller lost his balance during his windup and was called for a balk, but hardly blown off the mound.

Players and media hated Candlestick. Bathrooms and concessions were basically of prison-quality. Field turned to mush when the tide came into the Bay.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2013 01:21 AM by Native Georgian.)
12-26-2013 01:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.