WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting read on tax planning
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Interesting read on tax planning
http://money.msn.com/business-news/artic...d=17203296

I read a bumper sticker the other day that I am sure has been around but I generally dont look at car bumpers.

Obama Cares!

Implying Harry Reid, Donna Pelosi and others do as well and certainly more so than the other side of the aisle.

Cares for what? might be the question.

DING and NINGs are firmly placed in blue states.

Some might chalk it up to greed. And I am sure that plays into it.

But State taxes, IMO are no less greedy. I know, feed the starving children (I have 3 and 3 grand kids), give them a Headstart (we read and foster all aspects of education including the fine arts over sports) and fix the crumbling roads and bridges.

I get it.

But too often how those state tax dollars are spent (wasted more often) for me is the crux. In Illinois, I look at the wages of those in the "public sector" and their state funded (oh my, our caring Democratically controlled state government hasnt been funding it) pensions and I 03-puke.

I taught for 7 years, 5 in public schools and have a "meager pension" in two states (MI. and ILL.) which I am not allowed to transfer to a personal retirement account (and grow it). I taught in a private school for 2 years and developed a nice little nest egg in a TIAA-CREF annuity that I have always and continue to manage without restriction by the state. So under a private institution I chose to have $ deducted that I can control and under a public institution I was told how much money would be deducted and I had no control over where it went, how it was invested and that I cant touch it until they say I can.

Do you get it?

Illinois, blue as blue gets, is a crumbling financial mess on the potential verge of going "Detroit".

Is there any wonder people with ANY amount of $ would like to have more control over what they earned or someone else did (inheritance) than allow for a greedy, palm greasing, union controlled, bureaucratic stuffed state government (who doles it out to "their buds")?

Personally, I would rather donate $ I earned to my local pre-school or one of my choice (Lawndale neighborhood on the west side) or foodbank, or Crisis Pregnancy Center or the Salvation Army, etc. than the State confiscating my earnings and funneling it to their buds.

Is there any wonder folks with means would move assets away from the Coumo Gang, the Rahm Emmanual Machine and Governor Snowflake in Cali?

Please, have a brain cell.

Solution, instead of career Pols make it temporary stewards.
Don't give reason for flight but instead incentify to give.

Believe me, there is no guilt in making as much and holding on to it as compared to making as much as you can and not willfully giving to others who are justifiably and in unargueable need. Why do you think donations spike during the holidays? One primary reason, guilt. Guilt that we havent given at all since last Christmas or guilt that we havent given enough over the course of the year.

I know I know. There are some of us who give because it's the right thing to do and we are compassionate.

Not being a part of that small contingent I would argue that if you allowed me to keep more of what I sweat and toil for that after I make sure that my kids arent going to be pan handling you (via government funding or literally) I will be more easily compelled to help others.

It's alot easier to keep your hand open as in handing out something than to release your forever tight closed grip from making a fist as you wrestle with the tax man to try and hold to a few more shekals that he is demanding.

Right?
12-24-2013 09:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
RE: Interesting read on tax planning
Red States take, and blue states give. Never did get why they complain so much at the same time.
12-24-2013 10:00 AM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Interesting read on tax planning
(12-24-2013 10:00 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Red States take, and blue states give. Never did get why they complain so much at the same time.

Clearly not in a NY state of mind.

Or Delaware or Moondust . . .
12-24-2013 01:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.