Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UTA baseball receiving votes in Collegiate baseball's preseason poll
Bookmark and Share
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
UTA baseball receiving votes in Collegiate baseball's preseason poll
Via UTAMAVS.com

ARLINGTON, Texas – UT Arlington is receiving votes in Collegiate Baseball’s Fabulous 40 NCAA Division I preseason baseball poll presented by Big League Chew bubble gum. The Mavericks head into their first season in the Sun Belt Conference coming off a Western Athletic Conference co-championship.

Cal. St. Fullerton is ranked No. 1 in the pre-season baseball poll. The Titans, which finished second at the Fullerton Super Regional last season to eventual national champion UCLA after posting an overall 51-10 record, will be gunning for their fifth national title.

The pre-season poll factors in voting by NCAA Division I coaches across the nation, how a team finished last season nationally, returning position player starters and pitchers, potential draft picks along with the quality of its recruiting class last fall.

The Mavericks return 17 letter winners from a team that went 31-27 in 2013 and claimed a share of the WAC regular-season championship. UT Arlington coach Darin Thomas welcomes in 17 newcomers for the first season in the Sun Belt.

The Mavericks have won conference titles the last two years, winning the Southland Conference Tournament championship in 2012. Being competitive right off the bat in the SBC is a definite goal.

"We know we're getting into a tough conference with the Sun Belt," Thomas said. "Four teams made the regionals last year. It's known for baseball. We know it's going to be tough.

"I feel good about our team this year. We've got seven returning position guys that played quite a bit and seven returning pitchers that pitched quite a bit, and I like our new guys so far. We're going to have to up our level."

The Collegiate Baseball newspaper poll is the oldest college baseball poll. Its birth took place during the 1957 college baseball season.
12-20-2013 08:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.