Thread Closed 
Give 5 Big East FB Predictions and 5 other CFB predictions
BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
Give 5 Big East FB Predictions and 5 other CFB predictions
Here are mine:

Big East FB Predictions:
1. Syracuse will improve, but they are still a few years away from becoming a serious threat. I'll say they triple their win total from last year.
2. Cincinnati will surprise most of the league when they get 6 wins and go to a bowl.
3. Pittsburgh will struggle again this season, losing to 2 or 3 teams they shouldn't. Wanny will start feeling the heat.
4. Louisville will be the league champ. Hate to pick anyone but the Bulls, but they look very tough to beat, and they have a favorable league schedule with four home games that include WVU and USF.
5. The league will have 6 bowl eligible teams.

Other NCAA FB Predictions
1. UTEP will bust the BCS at 13-0. Hello Fiesta.
2. Both Army and Navy will go bowling.
3. Clemson will win the ACC. I know they don't have Whitehurst, but I get the feeling this is their year.
4. Buffalo will announce at the end of the season that they are leaving the MAC for the American East conference. This includes a drop down to 1AA ball, where they can compete with instate brothers Albany and Stony Brook (This should happen, probably won't though).
5. This year's Championship game: Louisville vs. Cal
07-06-2006 05:04 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

#3 and 4 of your Big East predictions are the only ones of the 10 that seem likely to happen. That rest are extreme longshots at best.
07-06-2006 05:12 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU

Memphis, 8-5, with a win over UT. UT has another losing season and Phat Phil is gone.

WVU 11-1 with lone loss to UoL, but kicks DS out of VT in a Bowl game.

UoL and WVU tie for BE but UoL has head to head so gets first dibs at BCS.

Brady Quinn - Heisman Trophy.

Lots of 1 loss teams this year creates huge BCS controversy.

National Championship - OU versus OSU.

Ohio State wins, yuck.
07-06-2006 05:23 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

BE predicts

1 WV repeats.. loses to fsu in bcs bowl
2. ND takes the Gator bowl spot...
3.9-3 louisville goes to charlotte...
4 BE has 5 bowl eligible teams...
5 USF goes 6-6 and does the toronto bowl

Other NCAA
1. Cal wins the Pac 10
2. FSU repeats as ACC champ
3. champ game CAL vs Oh state
4. UCF goes 1-1 vs BE schools..
07-06-2006 05:50 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Big East

1. WVU will lose two or three games
2. Louisville will take the Big East
3. Pitt will come on strong in the end and push Louisville, but will finish 2nd.
4. UCONN will take a step backwards
5. The Big East champ will get rocked by an SEC school.

College Football

1. Miami Hurricanes will lose three games and Larry Coker will be foreced out.
2. FSU QB Drew Weatherford will have a good year and end up in the Heisman voting top five.
3. FSU fans will tell Bobby Bowden to fire Jeff or else...
4. The Florida Gators will dominate the SEC and Chris Leak will be replaced by Tim Tebow mid season.
5. UCF goes to the Liberty Bowl.
07-06-2006 06:57 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

Big East predictions:

1.)West Virginia will run the table and play in the national championship game
2.)Pittsburgh will shock the league and country by being a Top 20 to 25 ranked team and contending for the conference title.
3.)Louisville will finish the season ranked #10 to #14 and win the Gator Bowl.
4.)Cincinnati will be the surprise of the league, winning 6 games and securing a bowl bid.

National predictions:
1.)Oklahoma will return to being a Top 10 or 15 team
2.)Miami will lose a few games (including the game at Louisville) but will contend for the ACC title
3.)TCU will finish the season with at least 2 losses
4.)Ohio State will not win the Big Ten
07-06-2006 07:14 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati

Jugnaut Wrote:#3 and 4 of your Big East predictions are the only ones of the 10 that seem likely to happen. That rest are extreme longshots at best.

How is Syracuse improving a little bit and Cincinnati getting 2 more wins then the year before longshots!?
07-06-2006 07:16 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville

1. Pittsburgh will improve enough to go to a bowl. Coach Wanny is stock piling too many good players not to win.
2. Syracuse will win 3 times as many games as last season. They are still a year a way from having a competitive team however.
3. Rutgers will go to their second straight bowl and Leonard will get serious consideration for Big East player of the year.
4. The Big East will send at least two players to NYC for the Heisman Ceremony.
5. The Big East will have a winning bowl record this season.

Other predictions....
1. The ACC Champ will again have 3 losses or more.
2. USC will not make a BCS or New Years Day Bowl. The Trojans will go to a minor bowl, if any.
3. An undefeated Big East team will play for the National Championship against Ohio State.
4. Notre Dame will lose to Michigan State again this season.
5. Steve Spurrier will realize he should have stayed retired instead of taking the South Carolina job and lose more games then last season.
07-06-2006 08:24 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards

Sir Galahad Wrote:Big East

4. UCONN will take a step backwards

WTF? We only had 5 wins last year and ALL main starters return. The team suffered a ridiculous amount of injuries last year, so no way we don't get at least 6 wins this time around.

1. Rutgers, Pitt, UConn, USF ALL get 7 wins
2. UC nabs 5 and almost goes bowling. They are young and have the ability to get to a bowl.
3. UL beats WVU
4. 6 teams go bowling from the BE
5. Syracuse nails 3 OOC wins

National:

1. Miami of Florida is ranked #112 in 1-A in yards per game...yet they still get 10 wins
2. The PAC-10 has Cal step up. USC is still good, everyone else is mediocre.
3. Notre Dame goes to a BCS
4. Georgia shocks and re-wins the SEC
5. Northwestern loses 7 games with the loss of their coach.
07-06-2006 08:27 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

A lot of ya'll have WVU running the table and playing in the national championship. I don't think that's realistic. Not that WVU can't run the table, but that the media will screw WVU out of playing for the championship. If they're are 2 undefeated teams from any of the other BCS conferences WVU will be shut out. Even if its just 2 one-loss teams, WVU will probably be shut out of the championship. A one-loss Texas and a one-loss Ohio State would be in the national championship before an undefeated WVU. I not saying that WVU wouldn't be deserving, just that they wouldn't be ranked high enough in the polls. The Big East is a BCS; but the ACC, PAC-10, SEC, Big 10, and Big 12 are national championship conferences. WVU would probably have to go undefeated two years in a row to get to play in the national championship, or seriously step up their out of conference schedule.
07-06-2006 08:36 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville

Jugnaut,
I respectfully disagree. WVU, and Louisville for that matter, are both media darlings this preseason. If either goes undefeated, they will play in the National Championship game and the media will be happy to put them there. Something else to consider is that the Big East plays more OOC BCS teams than any conference. You won't have any "paper tigers", like the ones from Auburn a few years, in the Big East. WVU and Louisville both proved the Big East can play with anyone last January and will again next January as well.
CJ
07-06-2006 08:55 PM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

Big East predictions
1. The Big East will have 3 Top 25 teams for much of the season.
2. WVU will lose one game against an underdog
3. Louisville will beat Miami but stumble against Kansas State
4. USF will struggle in their opener against 1-AA McNeese State, and the UCF fans will all throw themselves into rapturous fits coming onto the Big East board to laugh about it.... right up until the Bulls whip UCF again this year.
5. Pitt will have the breakthrough year that was predicted for them last season.

Other CFB predictions:

1. ECU will have an outstanding season
2. This will be the final season for Rich Brooks at Kentucky
3. Virginia Tech will be better this year without Vick than they were last year with him.
4. TCU will not repeat in the MWC this year - it will be Utah or BYU
5. Southern Cal will lose to the Cal Bears, but still goes to the Rose Bowl when Cal loses 2 conference games.
07-06-2006 09:05 PM
ULCARDINALS Offline
1st String

I Root For:

BIG EAST
1. Rutgers will start out 6-0...but will drop 4 conference games.
2. Cincy will lose 8 games...too tough a schedule playing 10teams that will probably go Bowling.
3. Brian Brohm and Steve Slayton are named BE Co-MVP's
4. No Big East players will be invited to the Heisman ceremony.
5. Louisville wins the Big East....it's a revenge factor pick, not a homer pick.

NATIONAL

1. Notre Dame and Brady Quinn fall flat on their face and will lose 3 games.
2. Oklahoma's QB play will keep them out of the title picture.
3. Auburn wins the SEC in convincing fashion.
4. Cal wins the Pac 10 and Marshawn Lynch leads the nation in rushing.
5. TCU goes 12-0 and gets into a BCS bowl game.
07-06-2006 09:13 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame

10-3 will equal "falling flat on their face"?

I may be willing to take that result right now.

Where do I sign?
07-06-2006 09:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

Jugnaut Wrote:A lot of ya'll have WVU running the table and playing in the national championship. I don't think that's realistic. Not that WVU can't run the table, but that the media will screw WVU out of playing for the championship. If they're are 2 undefeated teams from any of the other BCS conferences WVU will be shut out. Even if its just 2 one-loss teams, WVU will probably be shut out of the championship. A one-loss Texas and a one-loss Ohio State would be in the national championship before an undefeated WVU. I not saying that WVU wouldn't be deserving, just that they wouldn't be ranked high enough in the polls. The Big East is a BCS; but the ACC, PAC-10, SEC, Big 10, and Big 12 are national championship conferences. WVU would probably have to go undefeated two years in a row to get to play in the national championship, or seriously step up their out of conference schedule.

You bring out a valid point concerning WV ooc schedule. But if Maryland and ECU turn out to be very good and finish the season ranked, and WV beats them you will be proven wrong.

Louisville, I'm sure if they go undefeated, will get to the title game, because as of right now, they play a tougher ooc schedule than WV.
07-06-2006 09:24 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

Jugnaut Wrote:A lot of ya'll have WVU running the table and playing in the national championship. I don't think that's realistic. Not that WVU can't run the table, but that the media will screw WVU out of playing for the championship. If they're are 2 undefeated teams from any of the other BCS conferences WVU will be shut out. Even if its just 2 one-loss teams, WVU will probably be shut out of the championship. A one-loss Texas and a one-loss Ohio State would be in the national championship before an undefeated WVU. I not saying that WVU wouldn't be deserving, just that they wouldn't be ranked high enough in the polls. The Big East is a BCS; but the ACC, PAC-10, SEC, Big 10, and Big 12 are national championship conferences. WVU would probably have to go undefeated two years in a row to get to play in the national championship, or seriously step up their out of conference schedule.

You make a good point, bbut alot depends on who the 1 loss teams are, and where they started the season.

WVU should be pretty highly ranked preseason. If we start at #6 and Auburn is #10, and they finish with 1 loss, they are never going to catch us in the polls.

It all depends on which teams have 1 loss and where they start in the polls. WVU could get to the title game if the right teams ahead of us lose.

When you think about it, the method used on 1-a football to crown a champion is idiotic.
07-06-2006 09:28 PM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

BIG EAST PREDICTIONS
1. Louisville wins conference
2. Syrupcuse finishes last again
3. USF, UC, WVU, Pittiful & UConn go to bowls
4. Louisville will score 70 and lead the nation in offense
5. ECU upsets WVU

NATIONAL PREDICTIONS
1. Louisville sends a player to NY for Heisman Award
2. There will be 3 undefeated teams at the end of the season (no true champ)
3. Bowl attendance is at the lowest in 25 years
4. New Mexico St. goes bowling
5. Record number of coaches get fired
07-06-2006 10:03 PM
ULCARDINALS Offline
1st String

I Root For:

TerryD Wrote:10-3 will equal "falling flat on their face"?

I may be willing to take that result right now.

Where do I sign?

10-3 is falling flat on your face when you are preseason top 3 in every poll.
07-06-2006 10:50 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Big East Football Predictions
1. Pittsburgh will challenge until the last 2 weeks for the Big East Title.

2. The Big East will have 2 schools in the Top 12 and another in the Top 25 in the Final BCS Poll.

3. The Big East will have 5 Bowl Eligible schools in Louisville, West Virginia, Pittsburgh, South Florida and Rutgers

4. You have have 2 Big East players in NYC as Heisman Finalist.

5. Louisville and West Virginia will be going to BCS Bowl Games.

National Football Predictions
1. Notre Dame will lose to Michigan and USC but still go to a BCS Bowl Game.

2. Boise State will be playing in the Fiesta Bowl.

3. Adrian Peterson will win the Heisman Trophy.

4. The ACC Champ will once again have more then 2 regular season defeats and the media will not say a freaking word.

5. Okahoma will defeat Louisville for the BCS Title in Arizona in a very close matchup.
07-06-2006 11:12 PM
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Maize Wrote:Big East Football Predictions
1. Pittsburgh will challenge until the last 2 weeks for the Big East Title.

2. The Big East will have 2 schools in the Top 12 and another in the Top 25 in the Final BCS Poll.

3. The Big East will have 5 Bowl Eligible schools in Louisville, West Virginia, Pittsburgh, South Florida and Rutgers
4. You have have 2 Big East players in NYC as Heisman Finalist.

5. Louisville and West Virginia will be going to BCS Bowl Games.

National Football Predictions
1. Notre Dame will lose to Michigan and USC but still go to a BCS Bowl Game.
2. Boise State will be playing in the Fiesta Bowl.

3. Adrian Peterson will win the Heisman Trophy.

4. The ACC Champ will once again have more then 2 regular season defeats and the media will not say a freaking word.

5. Okahoma will defeat Louisville for the BCS Title in Arizona in a very close matchup.

Maize I seriously doubt UofL goes the championship game, its hard for me to believe we can run the table. For some reason I see a loss at Pittsburgh and I hope we don't lose there but we always stumble on the road to a team we should beat. For me this year its looking like either Rutgers or Pitt. I like our chances better against Rutgers than I do Pitt. The home games don't concern me at all as I am very confident with the home slate.

1.Pitt will contend for the Big East title
2.Louisville wins the Big east(favorable home schedule)
3.UCONN goes bowling
4.Syracuse gets better
5.WVU goes to a BCS at large spot

1.Cal wins the PAC 10
2.ACC sends another 3 or 4 loss team to a BCS bowl
3.Auburn wins the SEC
4.NC State has another mediocre season
5.Big East sends two guys to NY for the Heisman(Bush,Slaton)
07-07-2006 12:24 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.