Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Summary of Big-12 Bowls
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Summary of Big-12 Bowls
B12 has a chance to redeem the past season's performance with this set of bowl games. But, my guess is B12 will be favored in only the Fiesta Bowl and will likely be wiped out in the remaining five bowls.

Fiesta Bowl: #6 Baylor (11-1) vs #15 UCF (11-1)
Sugar Bowl: #11 Oklahoma (10-2) vs #3 Alabama (11-1)
Cotton Bowl: #13 Oklahoma State (10-2) vs #9 Missouri (11-2)
Alamo Bowl: Texas (8-4) vs Oregon (10-2)
Holiday Bowl: Texas Tech 7-5) vs Arizona State (10-3)
Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl: Kansas State (7-5) vs Michigan (7-5)

Champs Bowl will replace Holiday Bowl in 2014 and Cotton Bowl will disappear as B12 designated bowl being replaced by Sugar Bowl.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 01:08 AM by Tallgrass.)
12-09-2013 12:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
RE: Summary of Big-12 Bowls
Besides Tech, OU and Oklahoma St winning, I could care less about the other teams in this conference. Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma St drew some great opponents and the TV ratings should be good. Baylor's reward for winning the Big 12 is the right to play UCF. Great accomplishment, something that I hope Kliff and Red Raiders experience soon but no one outside of Waco or Orlando will give 2 craps out the Fiesta Bowl.

Despite losing to baylor, OU definitely scored huge with the Sugar Bowl against Bama.
12-09-2013 12:59 AM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
OU beat Notre Dame, ranked at the time and expected to be a strong team when scheduled, plus a ranked #7 Oklahoma State. So, for some to call OU undeserving is not exactly correct.
12-09-2013 01:05 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Never underestimate Bill Snyder. KSU is on an upswing. They won't have as much talent as Michigan, but they've won lots of games with less talent.

OU and Texas Tech are probably overmatched. Ok. St. and Missouri should be an interesting game. You're never sure if the Texas offense will show up. That will be necessary to give the defense some rest. If so, the Alamo could be a very interesting game. UCF will be hyped, but the question is whether they have the D line to slow Baylor down. If not, it could be a long day for them.
12-09-2013 08:54 AM
Advertisement

BaylorGuy314 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Baylor
Kinda a tough spot. You want two teams in the BCS but the Big 12 was not deep this year and it means we are going to be underdogs in a lot of bowl games.
12-09-2013 10:04 AM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(12-09-2013 08:54 AM)bullet Wrote:  Never underestimate Bill Snyder. KSU is on an upswing. They won't have as much talent as Michigan, but they've won lots of games with less talent.

OU and Texas Tech are probably overmatched. Ok. St. and Missouri should be an interesting game. You're never sure if the Texas offense will show up. That will be necessary to give the defense some rest. If so, the Alamo could be a very interesting game. UCF will be hyped, but the question is whether they have the D line to slow Baylor down. If not, it could be a long day for them.

North Dakota LOL

but in all seriousness im not impressed with KSU this season

their wins are.....
LA Layfayette (8-4)
Umass (1-11)
wvu (4-8)
ISU (3-9)
TCU (4-8)
KU (3-9)
texas tech- they finished 7-5 however they tanked big time towards the end of the season and thats when KSU played them

yes michigan isnt that much better in terms of resume however of our 5 losses, 4 of them were by 4 pts or less with b10 champ msu being the only school that really put a beating on us
12-09-2013 10:13 AM
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
(12-09-2013 10:13 AM)john01992 Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 08:54 AM)bullet Wrote:  Never underestimate Bill Snyder. KSU is on an upswing. They won't have as much talent as Michigan, but they've won lots of games with less talent.

North Dakota LOL

but in all seriousness im not impressed with KSU this season

their wins are.....
LA Layfayette (8-4)
Umass (1-11)
wvu (4-8)
ISU (3-9)
TCU (4-8)
KU (3-9)
texas tech- they finished 7-5 however they tanked big time towards the end of the season and thats when KSU played them

yes michigan isnt that much better in terms of resume however of our 5 losses, 4 of them were by 4 pts or less with b10 champ msu being the only school that really put a beating on us

Michigan almost lost to UConn. Buffalo destroyed UConn and you bet your butt North Dakota State would do the same. Michigan fails to impress me in any capacity. KSU gave all the opponent could want to BU, OSU, UT, and OU. Very easily could be a 10-2 team. How they match up to each other could go either direction but current resume favors the Snydercats.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 02:42 PM by 1845 Bear.)
12-09-2013 10:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.