Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congratulations South Alabama!
Bookmark and Share
Louisianafanrcajun90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
Congratulations South Alabama!
I surprisingly didn't see any congrats threads so I thought I would start one. In a very short time you guys have gone from nothing into contenders. You deserve a bowl bid. We looked like the three stooges against you. Whatever our coaches thought would work clearly didn't. Although painful to watch, you guys hopefully made us stronger. I know we can count on your support against the Greenies. Best of luck getting into a bowl.04-cheers
12-08-2013 03:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Congratulations South Alabama!
Thanks '90. I don't think we'll get a bowl, but I'll hope until there is nothing to hope for. If we could have closed out one of those narrow losses (4 losses by a combined 5 points) I'd have a different feeling about a bowl game, but we certainly closed the season on a strong note. Good luck in the NOLA Bowl.
12-08-2013 03:29 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I accept your congrats and wish you guys the best in New Orleans.

We knew when we lost to SUU to start the season that that game could come back to hurt us, and I believe it has. Still waiting for all the spots to be filled before giving up, and getting excited already for next season.
12-08-2013 03:36 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Look forward to next year. Hopefully we can find a good replacement for Metheny and the 26 other seniors we lose off this team.
12-08-2013 03:47 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(12-08-2013 03:47 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Look forward to next year. Hopefully we can find a good replacement for Metheny and the 26 other seniors we lose off this team.

26....04-jawdrop
12-08-2013 03:58 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(12-08-2013 03:58 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 03:47 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Look forward to next year. Hopefully we can find a good replacement for Metheny and the 26 other seniors we lose off this team.

26....04-jawdrop

We only lose 2 starters on offense and 5 on defense. Plus the punter. Not as bad as you might think. Part of the 'big class' we lost this year was that we filled our roster when we started the program. Many of the players have contributed well, but please note that this class, by the very nature of a 'new program' was going to be big. And many of the players recruited were recruited to a program that was playing club teams and wasn't going to be bowl eligible until their redshirt senior year. If Bridge can step up at QB, we're likely good on offense. We have to fill a few spots on defense, but I'm less concerned about that than I am with the QB situation. Metheny was very underrated. He will be missed
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 04:51 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
12-08-2013 04:48 PM
balanced_view Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
yes, congratulations! great way for you to close out the regular season.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 04:50 PM by balanced_view.)
12-08-2013 04:49 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
There was a fine line this year for USA from finishing anywhere between 4-8 and 11-1 so 6-6 was pretty durn good. Congrats on what was a terrific season for a relative newbie to FBS football. 04-cheers
12-08-2013 05:01 PM
TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Troy
Congrats on the season USA. Looks like you caught ULL at the right time.

Same should be said for TxSt as well. Even though they ended the season on a low note they still had a great first year in the SBC.
12-08-2013 05:29 PM
Advertisement

CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

Congrats USA you guys were well prepared. I didn't meet a bunch of your fans but the ones I did meet were AOK anyone knows what was the attendance. I thought we brought a good showing to mobile any thoughts on that from USA fans.
12-08-2013 07:47 PM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
Congrats USA. 7 bowl eligible teams will help boost the conference average.
12-08-2013 08:06 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

(12-08-2013 07:47 PM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  Congrats USA you guys were well prepared. I didn't meet a bunch of your fans but the ones I did meet were AOK anyone knows what was the attendance. I thought we brought a good showing to mobile any thoughts on that from USA fans.

16,124. So far I think only Troy has brought more fans. In our short history we've not really played teams that had a lot of visiting fans. Our top two visitor attended games were to Troy in a monsoon and the Cajuns in the bitter cold. West Alabama brought a few people. But otherwise visiting fans have been pretty non-existent. We will have nice crowds next season as we play Mississippi State and Navy at home. Knowing USA's history and luck we will probably have a hurricane on the weekend of the MSU game and an uncharacteristic ice storm on Black Friday for Navy.
12-08-2013 08:51 PM
Dedsquirrl Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(12-08-2013 08:51 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 07:47 PM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  Congrats USA you guys were well prepared. I didn't meet a bunch of your fans but the ones I did meet were AOK anyone knows what was the attendance. I thought we brought a good showing to mobile any thoughts on that from USA fans.

16,124. So far I think only Troy has brought more fans. In our short history we've not really played teams that had a lot of visiting fans. Our top two visitor attended games were to Troy in a monsoon and the Cajuns in the bitter cold. West Alabama brought a few people. But otherwise visiting fans have been pretty non-existent. We will have nice crowds next season as we play Mississippi State and Navy at home. Knowing USA's history and luck we will probably have a hurricane on the weekend of the MSU game and an uncharacteristic ice storm on Black Friday for Navy.

I think the Cajun Crowd might have actually been a little bigger than Troy's.
They just looked smaller because they were all huddled together for warmth.

Thanks for the Congrats!
4-3 in Conference and 6-6 overall was more than the vast majority of us dared to hope for this year.
12-09-2013 12:42 PM
Advertisement

CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

(12-08-2013 08:51 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

Thx for that update I must say getting MSU and Navy in Mobile is huge. We've had a hurricane home game the last two years. Good luck again.
12-09-2013 01:30 PM
beefsiym Offline
Water Engineer

ULL brought more fans, IMO. They didn't have many opportunities to get loud, thankfully
12-09-2013 01:31 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I've been to every home game except for Troy and Huntington College (had to work both times). West Alabama had a good crowd, but the Cajuns by far brought the largest contingent of fans that I've seen, probably a thousand or so. I'm sure Troy showed up too. After that, visiting crowds have been sparse.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 02:04 PM by HCJag.)
12-09-2013 02:02 PM
Beltfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: best of SBC
(12-08-2013 03:20 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  I surprisingly didn't see any congrats threads so I thought I would start one. In a very short time you guys have gone from nothing into contenders. You deserve a bowl bid. We looked like the three stooges against you. Whatever our coaches thought would work clearly didn't. Although painful to watch, you guys hopefully made us stronger. I know we can count on your support against the Greenies. Best of luck getting into a bowl.04-cheers

Yes, well, you can't have too many kudos to South Alabama's Jaguar football team for shutting down UL-L, 30-8, although I did start one at 1:23 AM Sunday. These guys are for real.
12-09-2013 06:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.