Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowl Game for Toledo?
Bookmark and Share
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Bowl Game for Toledo?
Will the NIU loss knock us out of a bowl?
12-06-2013 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
RE: Bowl Game for Toledo?
maybe
12-06-2013 11:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Yes. Thank God. We do not deserve a bowl game, and I don't think we would acquit ourselves well at one. We lost to Akron. Enough said.
12-06-2013 11:35 PM
Rocket A Offline
Heisman

Definitely hurts UT's chances. There are definitely some seniors on this team that deserve a bowl game for all they have contributed to the football program and the university.
12-06-2013 11:37 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(12-06-2013 11:37 PM)Rocket A Wrote:  Definitely hurts UT's chances. There are definitely some seniors on this team that deserve a bowl game for all they have contributed to the football program and the university.

Unfortunately for them, you earn a bowl game on the field. A win at Akron and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
12-06-2013 11:40 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-06-2013 11:40 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:37 PM)Rocket A Wrote:  Definitely hurts UT's chances. There are definitely some seniors on this team that deserve a bowl game for all they have contributed to the football program and the university.

Unfortunately for them, you earn a bowl game on the field. A win at Akron and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

That and crowd support at home and on the road.
12-06-2013 11:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
How many bowl tie-ins does the MAC have? There must be at least four aren't there? If so, we should get one. If not, I will feel bad for the seniors. Well, all but a couple that phoned it in this year.
12-07-2013 12:05 AM
letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
Can you imagine going through the bowl season and not looking forward to attending or watching a bowl game of The Rockets this December? That's why The Rockets need to be invited to a bowl game.
Go Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-07-2013 12:12 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

(12-07-2013 12:05 AM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  How many bowl tie-ins does the MAC have? There must be at least four aren't there? If so, we should get one. If not, I will feel bad for the seniors. Well, all but a couple that phoned it in this year.

I believe that there are 4--Detroit, Potato Bowl, Go Daddy are auto-MACs and Poinsettia in San Diego is a MAC back-up if Army isn't eligible--and they aren't.

BUT...I think it's going to come down to Buffalo and Toledo, and I'm not sure that we put the MAC in the best position to win in San Diego. Yes, we beat BG and we beat Buffalo (although I was at the game & will tell you that if the game had lasted 3 minutes longer I think we would have lost), but we have really played 2 1/2 not terribly inspired or effective games here at the end. Again, if we had simply beaten Akron, which we should have been able to do, then there is no need for this discussion--an 8-4 Toledo team would absolutely be headed to San Diego, IMO.
12-07-2013 12:13 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
The 3 primaries - LCPB, Potato Bowl, GoDaddy. Then 2 back-ups - Poinsettia & St. Pete's. So 5 bowl bids and 7 eligible teams. CMU definitely won't make it. So it comes down to Ohio, UT, and Buffalo for 2 spots.
12-07-2013 12:34 AM
All Rockets All The Time

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Well, is there still a tie-in w/ LCPB? I thought they went a different direction...Big Ten.

The only draw for OU would be the coach, I would think. We probably have the greatest visibility due to past bowl appearances. I could imagine some interest in Kareem Hunt as a rising star, and maybe Russell after his highly publicized circus grab earlier in the season. It would be the last chance for TO and Reedy to try to impress the scouts, unless they decide to just phone in another one. You really never know.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 12:47 AM by Toledo Football 1st.)
12-07-2013 12:45 AM
Advertisement

MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(12-07-2013 12:45 AM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  Well, is there still a tie-in w/ LCPB? I thought they went a different direction...Big Ten.

That's not for a year or 2.
12-07-2013 12:52 AM
All Rockets All The Time

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Oh, OK. I was thinking that started this year.
12-07-2013 01:15 AM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

Some of you are crazy. I can see not traveling, cause i might not, to a bowl game because of this scenario, but how could you not be excited about watchin Toledo in a bowl game on tv, no matter what you think the chances are? What can be better than them saying, 'here is a rockets game on national television, sit on you couch and watch it.' You're not excited about that?
12-07-2013 02:18 AM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

(12-07-2013 02:18 AM)T4C8 Wrote:  Some of you are crazy. I can see not traveling, cause i might not, to a bowl game because of this scenario, but how could you not be excited about watchin Toledo in a bowl game on tv, no matter what you think the chances are? What can be better than them saying, 'here is a rockets game on national television, sit on you couch and watch it.' You're not excited about that?

Would I be excited to watch a team run another poorly called offensive game plan that includes an under utilized offense, an offense that can't get its plays called in time despite calling timeouts, an offense that after a time-out still can get the play right, an offense where a senior all conference wide out steps out of bounds before the first down marker on 3rd down, an offense that has a freshman running back throw a pass on the goal line despite having an all conference o-Line in front of him, and a defense that disappears in the second half: no I'm not excited about that. On the other hand, perhaps the coaching staff could use an extra game to help get their act together.
12-07-2013 06:41 AM
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

Jerry Palm still has the Rockets headed to St. Petersburg, this time matched up against Middle Tennessee. I'm going from memory but the last time I checked his projection was Toledo meeting East Carolina.

Palm sees the Huskies going to Boise to play UNLV on the blue turf.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...redictions
12-07-2013 07:19 AM
Advertisement

Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
(12-07-2013 06:41 AM)falconplucker Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 02:18 AM)T4C8 Wrote:  Some of you are crazy. I can see not traveling, cause i might not, to a bowl game because of this scenario, but how could you not be excited about watchin Toledo in a bowl game on tv, no matter what you think the chances are? What can be better than them saying, 'here is a rockets game on national television, sit on you couch and watch it.' You're not excited about that?

Would I be excited to watch a team run another poorly called offensive game plan that includes an under utilized offense, an offense that can't get its plays called in time despite calling timeouts, an offense that after a time-out still can get the play right, an offense where a senior all conference wide out steps out of bounds before the first down marker on 3rd down, an offense that has a freshman running back throw a pass on the goal line despite having an all conference o-Line in front of him, and a defense that disappears in the second half: no I'm not excited about that. On the other hand, perhaps the coaching staff could use an extra game to help get their act together.

You Rocket football fans are a funny bunch. With friends like these, who needs enemies?
12-07-2013 07:47 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

Actually...your critics are the ones who care enough to point out your faults. Those who don't care say nothing because they don't care whether you improve or not. At least that's what I've learned from life.
12-07-2013 07:59 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-07-2013 07:59 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  Actually...your critics are the ones who care enough to point out your faults. Those who don't care say nothing because they don't care whether you improve or not. At least that's what I've learned from life.

Sorry I disagree. The people that care are the ones that actually help you improve. Sniping from a message board is just that, sniping. MOST of what is coming out from a few of these posters isn't critique or analysis, it's bitterness. The only positive I can see coming from it, those posters maybe are getting their frustrations out here instead of kicking the dog.

To each their own way I suppose. JMHO.
12-07-2013 08:32 AM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

I totally agree with bcumm and DISAGREE with Rocket A and others. This team and staff do NOT deserve to go to a bowl. IMO we have got to get away from rewarding the staff for recruiting and put the emphasis on results. This senior class has done a nice job but certainly nothing special. I am afraid that most of this comes down to the staff and they are going no where. I think we should have chanced QBs at some point in the season. Unless our KY frosh was totally not ready, why not give him a chance...I digress. Any way, those of us who to post our frustrations should not be looked down upon. Lets be honest, bowl games in the MAC COST money. We don not make money and the exposure is great if you show up. I am afraid the we would not and that is worse than not going for sure. My wife and I are 30 year Rocket Club members, season tickets for FB, MBB and WBB and endowed fund to support athletics and I am guessing many on this site are likewise supporters of UT. I love UT. That is why I feel that it is time to say to the FB group, no bowl, keep working and you need get to the next level. It is time, you have been given the resources and the kids need to coached for greater success.
12-07-2013 09:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.