Ghana
USA

Group H
Belgium
Algeria
Russia
South Korea
12-06-2013 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GSUhooligan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: World Cup 2014 Thread
Brutal draw. If we can beat Ghana (big "If" since they've beat us in the last 2 WC's) and draw with Germany and Portugal, we may have a shot at advancing. but that will be a miracle.
12-06-2013 02:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Awful draw. And really unfortunate because for me, there won't be another World Cup that I'll even watch until 2026. I'm not going to bother with Russia's 2018 WC or Qatar's 2022 WC travesties.
12-06-2013 02:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-06-2013 02:48 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Awful draw. And really unfortunate because for me, there won't be another World Cup that I'll even watch until 2026. I'm not going to bother with Russia's 2018 WC or Qatar's 2022 WC travesties.

I'm sure Sepp Blatter will put it in North Korea in 2026, just because that's the crazy way FIFA thinks.

Its not the worst possible draw...Group B is the worst. Spain, Netherlands, Chile, 2nd place gets Brazil. Ghana is a challenge, but we can get a point out of that, Portugal has been off all qualifying, and right now could be taken. If you get out of the group alive, you have a decent Rd of 16 draw.

We could do a whole lot worse...that's for sure.
12-06-2013 03:05 PM
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
2 things about this group and why I am optimistic. 1, Europe typically does not play well in the Americas, and they are yet to win a WC in the Americas. 2, Portugal is overrated and Ronaldo never shows up in the world cup. We have beaten them once, we can definitely beat them (and I think we will). I see us beating Ghana, pulling a draw against Germany, and beating Portugal.
01-15-2014 01:00 PM
trueeagle98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GS Eagles
CR7 has been on fire this season and will want to prove he can do it for Portugal too. I see him showing up for this WC. Germany will dominate our group, loss (hoping we can draw). Ghana is our bogie team, they just seem to have our number but they aren't as strong as the last 2 times we faced and lost so there is that.

Ghana- win (USA has to win this to have a shot at moving to the knock out rounds)

Portugal- draw (a win would be outstanding, contain and frustrate CR7 and it could happen. I don't know how good on defense they are but we could burn them on quick counters)

Germany- draw (I hope to get a point from this one, but this is likely a loss)

Hope 5 points is enough to move on. I think it might be.
01-21-2014 02:13 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(01-21-2014 02:13 PM)trueeagle98 Wrote:  CR7 has been on fire this season and will want to prove he can do it for Portugal too. I see him showing up for this WC. Germany will dominate our group, loss (hoping we can draw). Ghana is our bogie team, they just seem to have our number but they aren't as strong as the last 2 times we faced and lost so there is that.

Ghana- win (USA has to win this to have a shot at moving to the knock out rounds)

Portugal- draw (a win would be outstanding, contain and frustrate CR7 and it could happen. I don't know how good on defense they are but we could burn them on quick counters)

Germany- draw (I hope to get a point from this one, but this is likely a loss)

Hope 5 points is enough to move on. I think it might be.

I think Five points is the number as well that we need to get through. Four might depending on the goal difference. That means its going to be important to keep Germany close. I see no chance of blowing Ghana out...Any win would be a good win in that one.
01-21-2014 06:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.