Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT- 70 Bowl Spots......
Bookmark and Share
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
OT- 70 Bowl Spots......
There are 35 Bowl Games, meaning there are 70 Bowl Spots.

Currently there are 67 teams with 7-6 record or better.

16 teams have 7-5 records (included is Navy 7-4 with Army to play, and Colorado State at 7-6).

They project a total of 77 bowl eligible teams depending on Rutgers (5-6 facing USF), SMU (5-6 facing UCF), and South Alabama (5-6 facing Louisiana-Laf) does this coming weekend. SMU and South Alabama in all likelihood will not receive an invitation with a win. However, a Rutgers loss opens another at large bid position.
12-02-2013 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

I Root For: Toledo
RE: OT- 70 Bowl Spots......
My thoughts last week were that if we lost to Akron, I wouldn't care. Still feel that way.
12-02-2013 03:31 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(12-02-2013 03:31 PM)Carolina Rocket Wrote:  My thoughts last week were that if we lost to Akron, I wouldn't care. Still feel that way.

Ditto, I spent a lot of money taking the Jambulance over to Akron.

The team simply didn't bother to show up to play. Had we beat Akron, traveling to a Bowl game was a distinct possibility as we have lots of time off during the Christmas holidays.

No way I'm spending any more of my money to watch the Rockets play football in person this season. TV will be just fine (if we aren't busy doing something else at the time).

Made every game this year except Florida and Navy (had to work for that one) so I'm not some fair weather fan either.

I've simply had enough supporting a team who doesn't appear willing and able to perform to their potential. The last 10 quarters of this season have been a downward spiral by and large.

No excuses, Toledo Tough we aren't.
12-02-2013 03:54 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Re: RE: OT- 70 Bowl Spots......
(12-02-2013 03:54 PM)RangerRocket Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 03:31 PM)Carolina Rocket Wrote:  My thoughts last week were that if we lost to Akron, I wouldn't care. Still feel that way.

The team simply didn't bother to show up to play. Had we beat Akron, traveling to a Bowl game was a distinct possibility as we have lots of time off during the Christmas holidays.

No way I'm spending any more of my money to watch the Rockets play football in person this season. TV will be just fine (if we aren't busy doing something else at the time).

Made every game this year except Florida and Navy (had to work for that one) so I'm not some fair weather fan either.

I've simply had enough supporting a team who doesn't appear willing and able to perform to their potential. The last 10 quarters of this season have been a downward spiral by and large.

Agree 100%. It's like they didn't care the last 2 games, even though they still controlled their own destiny in terms of the MACC. It just boggles my mind that they could play so uninspired at a time like that.

And we all know that you're not a fair weather can.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 04:46 PM by MidnightBlueGold.)
12-02-2013 04:45 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS

Agree. Hope a more deserving team gets our spot.
12-02-2013 04:48 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
Just uninspired football for the most part. Give Akron credit. They played like they were in line for a possible bowl invitation. Maybe if certain things fell their way, the Zips would or should be taking our spot.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 04:55 PM by FMRocket.)
12-02-2013 04:51 PM
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Most recent seasons I have been glad that there were 30+ bowls so the Rockets would have a better shot at being in one. This season? We lost to Akron. I don't think we deserve a bowl. But there's so many now that we'll probably still get an invite and not turn it down. But we don't deserve a bowl IMHO.
12-02-2013 05:09 PM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

(12-02-2013 04:45 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  And we all know that you're not a fair weather can.

Darn tootin'
[Image: rusty-can_main.jpg]
12-02-2013 05:23 PM
Terry Offline
All American

Look at it this way..........03-idea

If there is a bunch that needs the extra practice, it's these guys.......

05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot
12-02-2013 06:49 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

Bleacher report has us doing a Utah State rematch in the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego
12-02-2013 06:55 PM
Terry Offline
All American

I saw one where it has Toledo vs. Pitt in Detroit......

The Rockets can beat Pitt!!!!!!!!

05-mafia 05-mafia 05-mafia 05-mafia 05-mafia
12-02-2013 07:12 PM
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(12-02-2013 06:55 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  Bleacher report has us doing a Utah State rematch in the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego

Well, crap...I don't much care for that matchup, either. Both Utah State and East Carolina have QBs who make plays--not something we have defended well against. Would actually prefer Pittsburgh in Detroit if there is to be a bowl.
12-02-2013 07:40 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(12-02-2013 05:23 PM)Carolina Rocket Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 04:45 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  And we all know that you're not a fair weather can.

Darn tootin'

Whoops! I meant he IS a fair weather CAN. But not a fair weather FAN.
12-02-2013 07:41 PM
Terry Offline
All American

(12-02-2013 07:41 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

Darn tootin'

Looks like someone's being called a little rusty.......05-stirthepot
12-02-2013 08:05 PM
toledobigmike Offline
1st String

OT- 70 Bowl Spots......
The ESPN CFB app has Toledo vs Boise St in the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego. That'd be a quality opponent with a great fan base in a location the players could appreciate.
12-02-2013 08:19 PM
zurkman Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Jerry Palm says he is hearing Buffalo to Poinsettia

Jerry Palm

"hearing UGa to Gator, Buffalo to Poinsettia" http://cbsprt.co/BowlProjections Also, eligible teams with accepted bids http://cbsprt.co/BowlEligible

(12-02-2013 08:19 PM)toledobigmike Wrote:  The ESPN CFB app has Toledo vs Boise St in the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego. That'd be a quality opponent with a great fan base in a location the players could appreciate.
12-02-2013 08:26 PM
Advertisement

FrickerRon Offline
Special Teams

(12-02-2013 04:45 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

Agree 100%. It's like they didn't care the last 2 games, even though they still controlled their own destiny in terms of the MACC. It just boggles my mind that they could play so uninspired at a time like that.

And we all know that you're not a fair weather can.

Look at the DC, he is one of our problems, he has to go, give coach Candles 1 more yr. Very disappointing.
12-02-2013 08:50 PM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

(12-02-2013 08:05 PM)Terry Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 07:41 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

Darn tootin'

Looks like someone's being called a little rusty.......05-stirthepot

Just his can...
12-02-2013 09:06 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I don't think we had a player meltdown on the season - other than a few who did not seem to be going all out. The disappointment goes deeper than saying the players didn't show up. It almost seems like we are not coaching players with the right discipline - again. All the things I am seeing out on the field are reminiscent of the final couple of years under Toledo Tom when he had essentially lost the team. Even those teams had better games against the quality opponents than we are seeing now. Then I remember WMU just completely handing our ass to us in a game at the Glass Bowl and realize we have not sunk that low yet. But I don't see it as being that far off. Coaching is a very difficult occupation and those guys all know a lot more than me - but I can say with certainty that we have not done a good job of getting guys prepared for games - and that goes all the way back to spring and summer camps.
12-02-2013 11:40 PM
rocketpete Offline
2nd String

I Root For: toledo
(12-02-2013 11:40 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  I don't think we had a player meltdown on the season - other than a few who did not seem to be going all out. The disappointment goes deeper than saying the players didn't show up. It almost seems like we are not coaching players with the right discipline - again. All the things I am seeing out on the field are reminiscent of the final couple of years under Toledo Tom when he had essentially lost the team. Even those teams had better games against the quality opponents than we are seeing now. Then I remember WMU just completely handing our ass to us in a game at the Glass Bowl and realize we have not sunk that low yet. But I don't see it as being that far off. Coaching is a very difficult occupation and those guys all know a lot more than me - but I can say with certainty that we have not done a good job of getting guys prepared for games - and that goes all the way back to spring and summer camps.

This is just my opinion.
There were certain seniors on this years team that were not great leaders.
There were other seniors that were great leaders but were not skill players.
Love all of our players but am glad that certain skill players will not be leaders next season.
12-02-2013 11:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.