12-01-2013 11:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
RE: Steve's article on UAB's win over UNC
Wow...only three made FGs in the final 11 minutes! Another gritty battle to the finish.
12-02-2013 12:24 AM
blazinrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB & Marlins
Not a complete sell out at 8,300+. But, at least UAB made close to the same $$ as 3 regular game full sell outs.
12-02-2013 12:31 AM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Those are great quotes by Roy Williams who I thought was a class act even before Haase came to UAb
12-02-2013 12:33 AM
Advertisement

BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
Foz's bucket late where he took a hard dribble right, dropped stepped back towards the baseline and finished with his left hand was a BIG TIME move. Considering the game situation and level of defenders, it was as impressive a power move as I've seen by a Blazer in a long time.

He has improved tremendously and that's a credit to his hard work and good coaching.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 12:45 AM by BlazerGreen.)
12-02-2013 12:44 AM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

Great article Steve... miss reading your coverage in the daily fishwrapper.
12-02-2013 12:31 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

A good job by the athletic department in regards to determining what ticket price would get the maximum $$$'s off of the game.

And like I mentioned on twitter, UNC fan's money is green also.
12-02-2013 12:47 PM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(12-02-2013 12:31 PM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  Great article Steve... miss reading your coverage in the daily fishwrapper.

I miss Steve's stories, he had some GREAT ones and knew how to tell them...but Drew's "coverage" is arguably better (probably because of his work load), but it's mostly digital only. Regardless, they have both been and still are (with Steve writing and commentating) great assets to UAB Athletics. Not to mention they are both great guys.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 01:16 PM by demiveeman.)
12-02-2013 01:14 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(12-02-2013 01:14 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 12:31 PM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  Great article Steve... miss reading your coverage in the daily fishwrapper.

I miss Steve's stories, he had some GREAT ones and knew how to tell them...but Drew's "coverage" is arguably better (probably because of his work load), but it's mostly digital only. Regardless, they have both been and still are (with Steve writing and commentating) great assets to UAB Athletics. Not to mention they are both great guys.

+1
12-02-2013 01:17 PM
the Dragon Offline
Heisman

(12-02-2013 01:14 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  

Yeah, I'm sorry Steve lost his job.

But from a UAB fan standpoint, we gained a great guy in Drew Champlin who puts out a heavy load of material AND we have seen Steve stick around in other roles (color guy on football radio broadcasts and writing for UABsports.com).
12-02-2013 01:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

freeblazer Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-02-2013 12:33 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Those are great quotes by Roy Williams who I thought was a class act even before Haase came to UAb

Our seats are right behind the visitor's bench. My favorite moment was during intros when Foz came over to shake Williams's hand, and he gave him a weird three-bumps-and-a-backslap handshake...like they'd been buddies for years. It genuinely cracked Williams up so much he turned to his assistant and showed him what Foz did and was laughing the whole time. It made me think Haase had maybe put Foz up to it like it was an inside joke or something, because Williams clearly thought it was hilarious.

Either way, the guy was classy all night, and he plainly respected the program. He watched the highlights on the board and paid attention during the 700th win announcement. Roy Williams deserves credit for giving us the chance for a night like this one, and he deserves credit for not bigdogging us while he was here.
12-02-2013 01:58 PM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

(12-02-2013 01:58 PM)freeblazer Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 12:33 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Those are great quotes by Roy Williams who I thought was a class act even before Haase came to UAb

Our seats are right behind the visitor's bench. My favorite moment was during intros when Foz came over to shake Williams's hand, and he gave him a weird three-bumps-and-a-backslap handshake...like they'd been buddies for years. It genuinely cracked Williams up so much he turned to his assistant and showed him what Foz did and was laughing the whole time. It made me think Haase had maybe put Foz up to it like it was an inside joke or something, because Williams clearly thought it was hilarious.

Either way, the guy was classy all night, and he plainly respected the program. He watched the highlights on the board and paid attention during the 700th win announcement. Roy Williams deserves credit for giving us the chance for a night like this one, and he deserves credit for not bigdogging us while he was here.

I love that. Thank you for sharing.
12-02-2013 02:33 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(12-02-2013 02:33 PM)BlazerGold09 Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 01:58 PM)freeblazer Wrote:  

I love that. Thank you for sharing.

I agree.

There is nothing fair in college sports, and the big dogs typically play their OOC games at home. Last night was a special treat. Roy Williams showed a lot of class.
12-02-2013 02:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.