Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

What Should Be Clearly Apparent ...
Bookmark and Share
mem-x Offline
On The Downhill Run Now.

I Root For: Tigers!
... to all you Paster haters and those of you who, refuse to "accept" mediocrity (what a damn ridiculous concept anyway, as if what you do or do not accept is germane to anything), is that:

It is not solely the responsibility of the coaches to, "get them up and ready to play." The players play ... they shoot, defend, foul and commit turn overs." They are also responsible for coming with a Kick Azz attitude. Our guys were embarrassed and therefore were motivated. When they determined to actually play - the coaches could then take them and have something to work with. They could THEN develop a strategy to give us the best chance to win. If the Tigers come motivated they can play with anyone, given a break or two along the way. As long as they're not interested in listening ... it doesn't matter who's coaching or whether he's using flash cards or a hydrogen bomb.
12-01-2013 11:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
RE: What Should Be Clearly Apparent ...
Maybe this will jump start the year and be the first of many big wins, which is what all of us want.
We all want the program to be relevant and this win helps tremendously.
12-01-2013 11:49 PM
Collegiate Black Man Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis State
Congrats coach Pastner . Good win, but long, too long, overdue. Hopefully he will see that to Compete for a national title, you have to do more than recruit and roll the balls out and hope that AAU/ Bluff City Classic ball is good enough to beat good teams .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
12-02-2013 12:29 AM
southgrl66 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Intelligence
(12-02-2013 12:29 AM)Collegiate Black Man Wrote:  Congrats coach Pastner . Good win, but long, too long, overdue. Hopefully he will see that to Compete for a national title, you have to do more than recruit and roll the balls out and hope that AAU/ Bluff City Classic ball is good enough to beat good teams .

Most backhanded compliment. Ever
12-02-2013 12:32 AM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(12-01-2013 11:49 PM)450bench Wrote:  Maybe this will jump start the year and be the first of many big wins, which is what all of us want.
We all want the program to be relevant and this win helps tremendously.

bingo.
12-02-2013 12:32 AM
Advertisement

TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
(12-02-2013 12:29 AM)Collegiate Black Man Wrote:  Congrats coach Pastner . Good win, but long, too long, overdue. Hopefully he will see that to Compete for a national title, you have to do more than recruit and roll the balls out and hope that AAU/ Bluff City Classic ball is good enough to beat good teams .

once a troll, always a troll....
12-02-2013 12:33 AM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

the joy and fun never stops. 03-phew
12-02-2013 12:38 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

Buffoons being buffoons.
12-02-2013 01:17 AM
450bench Offline

Again, I hope this is the start of a new trend for Josh and the boys!
12-02-2013 01:22 AM
Advertisement

Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(12-02-2013 01:22 AM)450bench Wrote:  Again, I hope this is the start of a new trend for Josh and the boys!

450 it's a shame that you have to keep repeating yourself. It is like you can't win even if you say nice/poitve things about Josh they still have a desire to fight. The beauty of it all for me is these select few can't keep me out of the forum.
12-02-2013 01:57 AM
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
(12-02-2013 01:57 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 01:22 AM)450bench Wrote:  Again, I hope this is the start of a new trend for Josh and the boys!

450 it's a shame that you have to keep repeating yourself. It is like you can't win even if you say nice/poitve things about Josh they still have a desire to fight. The beauty of it all for me is these select few can't keep me out of the forum.

huh? Nobody's jumping on 450....he just wants to win big ones like the rest of us.
12-02-2013 02:11 AM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(12-02-2013 02:11 AM)TigerSeth Wrote:  
(12-02-2013 01:57 AM)Joe1 Wrote:  

huh? Nobody's jumping on 450....he just wants to win big ones like the rest of us.

It's fun isn't it?
12-02-2013 02:17 AM
Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

I Root For: Memphis/Army
What should be clearly apparent is that we just beat the #5 team in the country on a neutral court.

Top 5 win.
12-02-2013 02:20 AM
Advertisement

Dat.B.Me Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers
(12-02-2013 12:33 AM)TigerSeth Wrote:  

once a troll, always a troll....

Get real folk... Pastner wanted to play fast coming into this year. Did we play fast tonite?

He wanted to press..Did we press tonite?

Course correction included him doing a better job of coaching how to win games not just scoring 95 points. CJP, Staff and the team change the trajectory of this years results with the preparation of this game.
12-02-2013 03:36 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(12-01-2013 11:41 PM)mem-x Wrote:  ... to all you Paster haters and those of you who, refuse to "accept" mediocrity (what a damn ridiculous concept anyway, as if what you do or do not accept is germane to anything), is that:

It is not solely the responsibility of the coaches to, "get them up and ready to play." The players play ... they shoot, defend, foul and commit turn overs." They are also responsible for coming with a Kick Azz attitude. Our guys were embarrassed and therefore were motivated. When they determined to actually play - the coaches could then take them and have something to work with. They could THEN develop a strategy to give us the best chance to win. If the Tigers come motivated they can play with anyone, given a break or two along the way. As long as they're not interested in listening ... it doesn't matter who's coaching or whether he's using flash cards or a hydrogen bomb.

Motivation and communication is the Job of the coach...If he has a team of kids who cannot be motivated or taught then he is the one who recruited them. A college coach never really gets a pass, it is the nature of the beast. Professional coaches do because many times they did not choose their players.
12-02-2013 06:55 AM
hongkongtiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: tigers
One of the many knocks on CJP, besides not beating anyone ranked, was he could not get players to "run through a brick wall" for him like the last coach and other great coaches. Well that "myth" was completely and utterly destroyed Sunday! You, or at least I could, see it in all the players eyes and you heard it in the post game comments. They wanted to win for the Coach! Last night nothing was going to stop them from doing that! I hope, and I feel that it will continue!
12-02-2013 09:09 AM
tigerfansincebirth89 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers!
"Clearly apparent" is a bit redundant, no?
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 09:23 AM by tigerfansincebirth89.)
12-02-2013 09:23 AM
msu65 Offline
Blue To The Core

(12-01-2013 11:41 PM)mem-x Wrote:  ... to all you Paster haters and those of you who, refuse to "accept" mediocrity (what a damn ridiculous concept anyway, as if what you do or do not accept is germane to anything), is that:

Please stop these threads. All you are doing is bringing haters out with "I told you so" threads. They will naturally defend themselves with "wait and see" replys. Let's just all be happy with a great win.
12-02-2013 09:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.