UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dear UAB Football Player,
scales Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U A B
Dear UAB Football Player,
Thank you for your continued efforts week in and week out. During the offseason, in the weight room, and in the classroom.

Fans are easily disgusted, but you guys live with the situation every day.

Hats off to you all.
11-30-2013 05:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I Root For: The Real GSU
RE: Dear UAB Football Player,
+1
11-30-2013 06:07 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
+2
11-30-2013 06:08 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
+3
11-30-2013 06:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blazer Engineer Offline
Skull Splitter

I Root For: UAB
Nice post. Thanks guys
11-30-2013 06:47 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

Great post and this often lost on us as fans. The players do try and they want to win. I hope to see these guys rewarded with success in the coming years for their commitment to the program. Better days are ahead.
11-30-2013 08:08 PM
Advertisement

GreenFreakUAB Offline
All American

...ditto!
11-30-2013 08:48 PM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
Sums it all up. If you don't think they're not more disgusted than we are, then you don't have a clue.
11-30-2013 08:56 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(11-30-2013 08:56 PM)FNblazer Wrote:  Sums it all up. If you don't think they're not more disgusted than we are, then you don't have a clue.

+1

They deserve much better too.
11-30-2013 09:03 PM
Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

(11-30-2013 08:08 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  Great post and this often lost on us as fans. The players do try and they want to win. I hope to see these guys rewarded with success in the coming years for their commitment to the program. Better days are ahead.

What about the seniors? They deserved better. The next year promise is so empty.
11-30-2013 09:19 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(11-30-2013 09:19 PM)Uncle BLAZER Wrote:  
(11-30-2013 08:08 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  Great post and this often lost on us as fans. The players do try and they want to win. I hope to see these guys rewarded with success in the coming years for their commitment to the program. Better days are ahead.

What about the seniors? They deserved better. The next year promise is so empty.

It's heartbreaking for the Seniors. A lot of them have gutted it out, played through pain, etc., and now have to end their playing careers with a humiliating loss.
11-30-2013 09:34 PM
Advertisement

Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

Your right. Well, hey, maybe McGee can sleep easy knowing he got rid of a good bit more of that "culture" today.
11-30-2013 09:37 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(11-30-2013 09:37 PM)Uncle BLAZER Wrote:  Your right. Well, hey, maybe McGee can sleep easy knowing he got rid of a good bit more of that "culture" today.

He gets his $10,200 a week salary too, and $700,000 buyout, if they decide to pull the plug on him.
11-30-2013 09:40 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals

+1 Why are better days ahead for UAB football? That same pollyanna nonsense has been written on here after every season for going on a decade. Has it ever been true? Do the people writing it still believe it themselves or is just habit by now?

This football program has been clinically dead since 2006. It was left in a zombie state, animate but not really alive. Since then UAB has been the college athletics version of Weekend At Bernie's.
11-30-2013 10:09 PM
Blazer85 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-30-2013 10:09 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  

+1 Why are better days ahead for UAB football? That same pollyanna nonsense has been written on here after every season for going on a decade. Has it ever been true? Do the people writing it still believe it themselves or is just habit by now?

This football program has been clinically dead since 2006. It was left in a zombie state, animate but not really alive. Since then UAB has been the college athletics version of Weekend At Bernie's.

You really don't believe better days are ahead? It's hard for there not to be better days. You don't get much worse than having just 1 win over an FBS school (that required late game heroics to win on a FG). I suppose you can do worse, but it certainly won't be easy to do worse than this season.

So for that reason, better days are ahead. I don't believe we're going to turn around and win 10 games next year. I don't have that sort of blind faith in McGee & Co. But I do believe that we can and will do better than this.
11-30-2013 10:32 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(11-30-2013 10:32 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  

You really don't believe better days are ahead? It's hard for there not to be better days. You don't get much worse than having just 1 win over an FBS school (that required late game heroics to win on a FG). I suppose you can do worse, but it certainly won't be easy to do worse than this season.

So for that reason, better days are ahead.

It can get worse. But I would like to know why a potentially half decent coach would consider UAB with the current facilities, fan base, and the BOT?
11-30-2013 10:38 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(11-30-2013 10:38 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

It can get worse. But I would like to know why a potentially half decent coach would consider UAB with the current facilities, fan base, and the BOT?

Because UAB is paying McGee $550,000 a year to coach and that is substantially more than what most FCS and D2 coaches make.
11-30-2013 10:45 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(11-30-2013 10:45 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  
(11-30-2013 10:38 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(11-30-2013 09:19 PM)Uncle BLAZER Wrote:  What about the seniors? They deserved better. The next year promise is so empty.

Because UAB is paying McGee $550,000 a year to coach and that is substantially more than what most FCS and D2 coaches make.

+1
Most of the MAC coaches make waaaaaay less than that too.
11-30-2013 10:48 PM
the Dragon Offline
Heisman

This is the WRONG thread for such a comment. If you have given up on UAB Football, then give up quietly. We'll save a seat on the bandwagon for you when we finally do turn it around.

To the players: We have a veteran squad returning next season. Let the disappointment of losing fuel you this offseason. Many of us will be there to support you next season!!
12-01-2013 10:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

We are paying filet mignon prices for ground chuck.
12-01-2013 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.