Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GO TECH!!! beat Georgia
Bookmark and Share
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

I Root For: TD's wit a shot

Crappies
GO TECH!!! beat Georgia
I can NOT BELIEVE the dumbazz went for 2 against the bucknuts.... but, after yesterday's loss... and the fact that Zero St arrogance will grow... If Ga Tech wins... i am good... (i am 3 miles from the stadium) and can hear the Ga Tech train whistle blow...
11-30-2013 04:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies
RE: GO TECH!!! beat Georgia
I am trying to somehow salvage this weekend... i can't believe the bucknuts won... i can't believe Toledo lost to Akron... N. Ill has raised the bar...
11-30-2013 04:52 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Rocket women look to be pulling back-to-back Vs in sunny Calif. That should do much more for your mood than what some school in Columbus or Athens does.
11-30-2013 05:10 PM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies
I can't believe toledo is undefeated in basketball... the true test will be kansas, but wouldn't that be fun if we did the upset while being undefeated?
11-30-2013 05:14 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(11-30-2013 05:14 PM)KingBob Wrote:  I can't believe toledo is undefeated in basketball... the true test will be kansas, but wouldn't that be fun if we did the upset while being undefeated?

Assuming Kansas is still highly ranked it might be my third greatest moment in Rocket sports history.
11-30-2013 05:22 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
(11-30-2013 05:10 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Rocket women look to be pulling back-to-back Vs in sunny Calif. That should do much more for your mood than what some school in Columbus or Athens does.

Not promising early. Down 8-3 and already have 5 fouls. Not confident on G-Tech hanging on either.
11-30-2013 05:34 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
Go Tech! The only game I care about today!
11-30-2013 05:48 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-30-2013 05:48 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  Go Tech! The only game I care about today!

?

I have an outside interest in this game but I'm really most interested in the Missouri-TAM game.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 05:54 PM by eastisbest.)
11-30-2013 05:53 PM
KingBob Offline
Hard Core

Crappies
(11-30-2013 05:53 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(11-30-2013 05:48 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  Go Tech! The only game I care about today!

?

I have an outside interest in this game but I'm really most interested in the Missouri-TAM game.

Ga Tech vs Ga is a great instate rivalry the liberal media NEVER covers...

i hope Mizzou wins
11-30-2013 06:11 PM
Advertisement

T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
I came up a Georgia tech/Toledo fan before i became a die hard Toledo fan. I still keep tabs on GT and watch them when they are on TV
11-30-2013 08:19 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
I encourage you to stop by the ACC board here if you're interested in GT sports. Plenty of fans from every team in the conference over there.

Also, THWG.

Also, GT may never beat the inbred retards from Clarke County Correctional again if they don't either ease up on academic restrictions or go back to having a serious national recruiting ground game or preferably both. UGAg lost 7 starters on defense to the draft. They were without starting: QB, top WR, S, CB, T, TE. They were also without their backup RB. The replacement QB had never made a start in his career.

AND THEY STILL **** THE BED AFTER GETTING A 20-0 LEAD. 03-pissed
12-02-2013 10:39 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I would hope they would never let up on the academic restrictions. I would imagine a lot of quality players head that way for exactly that reputation.

G Tech has produced many a fine Engineer. :D
12-02-2013 05:20 PM

(12-02-2013 05:20 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  I would hope they would never let up on the academic restrictions. I would imagine a lot of quality players head that way for exactly that reputation.

G Tech has produced many a fine Engineer. :D

It is impossible to play big boy football any more and be stringent academically. Let's use the best example today ... Stanford.

Even Stanford has the infamous "Easy A list" that athletes circulated: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/bl...aaf-331860

And Stanford has endless liberal arts majors, some of them clearly BS. GT doesn't have a liberal arts department. Whatsoever. The liberals arts school was spun off as Georgia State long ago. Want to major in journalism, underwater basket weaving, interdisciplinary studies, or some other degree that is a six figure waste of money for other people? You'll have to go elsewhere.

And then GT has higher GPA and SAT requirements above and beyond ACC and NCAA minimums. And then they pile on after that. At GT you HAVE TO take calculus. Doesn't matter what your major is. And they're not just going to give you credit willy nilly style ... they flatly refuse nearly all calculus transfer credits unless they came from an Atlanta area college acting in partnership with GT where the course is taught by GT professors (Emory, Georgia Perimeter). Got a 5 in AP Calculus? Well isn't that cuuuuuuuuuuttttteeee. Here, take this qualification exam we don't care about your silly 5. Score high enough on this exam and we'll give you credit.

When GT was doing well under O'Leary, he was given exemptions from the academic restrictions. In exchange, O'Leary watched his players like a hawk. He had people checking up on every class. If you skipped class, O'Leary knew about it before the class was over. When O'Leary left and Chan Gailey came in -- what with his impressive ZERO years of experience at FBS level program -- he just let crap ride like he was still in the NFL and assume everybody would take care of their business. It took less than a year before an enormous flunkgate scandal where dozens of football players failed. After that happened, The Hill dropped the hammer on academic restrictions. No exemptions. Period. Increased standards. And since that happened, Georgia Tech has had 11 seasons of football. In those 11 seasons, they have beaten U(sic)GA once. They have finished with 7 wins a remarkable 7 of those 11 years. And I'd argue they really finished with 7 wins 9 times, since they finished 6 wins once and 8 wins once. In 2006 they managed 9 wins against an absolutely putrid ACC ... and lost to Wake Forest (!!!!) 9-6 in the Championship Game to cap the heartbreaking waste of the greatest player that will ever wear a Georgia Tech uniform in Calvin Johnson. In 2008 and 2009 they again managed to break through thanks to a weak ACC and a small group of NFL caliber players Giff Smith managed to squeeze into the system at the end of Gailey's tenure. Since Jonathan Dwyer, Demaryius Thomas, Derrick Morgan, and Morgan Burnett went to the NFL (all early) it has been lights out. They are 1-15 the last 4 years against VT, Miami, Clemson, U(sic)GA, and FSU.

GT football: Cleaning house with FCS and bad ACC squads from North Carolina ... and losing to anybody with a pulse. Since 2002.
12-03-2013 03:17 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Not true. GSU was the Evening School of Commerce at the time we spun off from GT. Had no liberal arts at all.
12-03-2013 07:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

GTS exaggerates. G-Tech had an "Easy A list" when I was there.

Easy A

Predicate Calculus.
Computational Complexity (P, NP blah, blah, blah...
Bioinformatics
Fourier Optics (FOR CREDIT lol!)
Hilbert Spaces
Multi-D Signal P
BChem
Numerical Analysis
and
Pep Band.

Sounds like they need to get back to the O'Leary way of doing things but relaxing who they are for a sport? No. If John Salley can get through there, they should be able to staff a football team.
12-03-2013 07:29 PM

(12-03-2013 07:29 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  GTS exaggerates. G-Tech had an "Easy A list" when I was there.

Easy A

Predicate Calculus.
Computational Complexity (P, NP blah, blah, blah...
Bioinformatics
Fourier Optics (FOR CREDIT lol!)
Hilbert Spaces
Multi-D Signal P
BChem
Numerical Analysis
and
Pep Band.

Sounds like they need to get back to the O'Leary way of doing things but relaxing who they are for a sport? No. If John Salley can get through there, they should be able to staff a football team.

NCAA mandates a minimum (9 credit hours IIRC?) a semester go toward your declared major. The idea being to prevent an imminent pro from taking a bunch of freshman BS classes all over the place until they go collect their pro pay day. You can't go picking up all the scattered stuff and make your NCAA minimums. And again, GT has requirements you must meet regardless, such as taking calculus.

How many starters would LSU lose if they had to take calculus at GT to stay on the field?
12-03-2013 08:56 PM

(12-03-2013 07:01 PM)panama Wrote:  Not true. GSU was the Evening School of Commerce at the time we spun off from GT. Had no liberal arts at all.

It was destined to be a liberals arts program. That's why the UGAg dominated BOR first named GAST as part of the U(sic)GA system. It also came with the bonus (for them) of capping GT's ability to expand relative to the tard factory in Athens.

I suspect in the long run if GAST doesn't merge back into GT that GT will move to upgrade from a UARC to a FFRDC and go private. Funding from the state of GA only makes up 17% of the bottom line these days. Oregon, Oregon State, and Portland State all are becoming private as the state spigot slows to a dribble and to escape bureaucracy at the state level as to who can and cannot have what programs and what locations. The gloves came off when the BOR gave the Gaggers an engineering school.
12-03-2013 09:03 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Replace "athens" with "columbus" and UofToledo fans can comprehend. Be glad the GA BOR didn't designate GT an "urban" university and open enroll them until they were competing for academic standing with Macon Community College.

17%? That's not much. I'm sure any attempt to privatize would result in more envelops in my mail but any attempt to add programs that would enable a lowering of the academic reputation isn't going to be supported by alums that rely on the academic standing to get jobs and to well, brag. Call it rock and a hard place but I think that's reality.

Not sure I understand the need to "upgrade" GTRI from UARC to a FFRDC? MIT seems to have both. Draper I believe is spun off into something completely separate but I believe they still have Lincoln. It still would make GT dependent upon a lot of government scrutiny and I don't think GT has the endowment of an MIT for academic or a NIKE in the wings to support the athletic programs. Going "private" isn't going to result in better athletic teams.

It's the coach I think, not the academic system. "Calculus" is scarier than it is "hard."
12-04-2013 12:46 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(12-03-2013 09:03 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(12-03-2013 07:01 PM)panama Wrote:  Not true. GSU was the Evening School of Commerce at the time we spun off from GT. Had no liberal arts at all.

It was destined to be a liberals arts program. That's why the UGAg dominated BOR first named GAST as part of the U(sic)GA system. It also came with the bonus (for them) of capping GT's ability to expand relative to the tard factory in Athens.

I suspect in the long run if GAST doesn't merge back into GT that GT will move to upgrade from a UARC to a FFRDC and go private. Funding from the state of GA only makes up 17% of the bottom line these days. Oregon, Oregon State, and Portland State all are becoming private as the state spigot slows to a dribble and to escape bureaucracy at the state level as to who can and cannot have what programs and what locations. The gloves came off when the BOR gave the Gaggers an engineering school.
LOL! There is a self loathing GSU grad named Mathman on City Data. You guys should talk. He would love that. There is less than zero percent chance of that ever happening though. Maybe that could have happened in the late 70's...maybe. But with 200k living grads, a ranked business school, ranked law school and a $1.5B impact on Downtown there is nobody with the political capital to even suggest that much less make it happen. That horse escaped the barn 50 years ago. With the Braves leaving town GSU is primed to take over most of the rest of Downtown and is entering a great age.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 12:59 PM by panama.)
12-05-2013 12:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.