ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Cronin, Kennedy could face each other next year
Cronin, Kennedy could face each other next year
11/25/13 at 4:20pm by Bill Koch

UC coach Mick Cronin and former UC interim head coach Andy Kennedy could face each other as head coaches for the first time next year.

[Image: cindc5-68nr4jlv3lvzpol4hgy_layout13-300x205.jpg]
Mick Cronin

The Bearcats will spend Thanksgiving weekend in 2014 playing in the Emerald Coast Classic at Northwest Florida Junior College in Niceville, Fla. They’ll play Middle Tennessee on Nov. 28, the day after Thanksgiving. If they win that game, they’ll play the next day against the winner of the game between Creighton and Kennedy’s Ole Miss Rebels.

The losers of the Friday games will also meet on Saturday.

The event begins with games at Fifth Third Arena on Nov. 23 vs. Eastern Illinois and Nov. 25 against North Carolina Central.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2013/11/2...next-year/

11-25-2013 06:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Overrated Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
RE: Cronin, Kennedy could face each other next year
Will Kennedy be at Ole Miss next year?

11-25-2013 07:15 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Better put the Niceville, FL cab drivers union on notice.

11-25-2013 07:32 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U

Sucks to be famous.....

11-25-2013 07:44 PM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people
Wait we have to play against AK??? Some peoples heads may explode round here.

11-25-2013 09:16 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
I don't think many around here even know AK is still coaching.

11-25-2013 09:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

I Root For: Binturongs

Donators
(11-25-2013 09:16 PM)Murph29 Wrote:  Wait we have to play against AK??? Some peoples heads may explode round here.

Hire Andy Clap Clap ClapClapClap Hire Andy Clap Clap ClapClapClap 03-lmfao

11-25-2013 09:50 PM
vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
I liked AK and am happy for him that he has landed in the premier coaching position in his native state of Mississippi. He has done well there. I wish him nothing but the best.

11-25-2013 10:03 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(11-25-2013 10:03 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  I liked AK and am happy for him that he has landed in the premier coaching position in his native state of Mississippi. He has done well there. I wish him nothing but the best.

I admit I haven't followed AK since he coached UC but you're right...he has done better than I expected at Ole Miss after looking at the stats:

Ole Miss 155-86 (.643)
UC 21-13 (.618)
Overall 176-99 (.640)

11-25-2013 10:32 PM
Overrated Offline
All American

He hadn't made the tournament before last year, his 7th. To say he has done well is generous. He was going to lose his job if he didn't make the tournament last year and the only reason Marshall Henderson hasn't been kicked off the team is because Andy needs him so bad.

His record at Ole Miss isn't terrible but the SEC has been brutally bad for a major conference for awhile now.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 11:55 PM by Overrated.)
11-25-2013 11:54 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(11-25-2013 11:54 PM)Overrated Wrote:  He hadn't made the tournament before last year, his 7th. To say he has done well is generous. He was going to lose his job if he didn't make the tournament last year and the only reason Marshall Henderson hasn't been kicked off the team is because Andy needs him so bad.

His record at Ole Miss isn't terrible but the SEC has been brutally bad for a major conference for awhile now.

I think considering he's at Ole friggin Miss I'd he's done better than expected.

11-26-2013 07:55 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(11-26-2013 07:55 AM)BeerCat Wrote:  
(11-25-2013 11:54 PM)Overrated Wrote:  He hadn't made the tournament before last year, his 7th. To say he has done well is generous. He was going to lose his job if he didn't make the tournament last year and the only reason Marshall Henderson hasn't been kicked off the team is because Andy needs him so bad.

I think considering he's at Ole friggin Miss I'd he's done better than expected.

Go look at ole miss's record in the 4 seasons prior to AK's arrival. absolutely brutal. that was not even close to an average cb program. AK has done a good job at a school that is very hard to win at.

11-26-2013 08:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
Time heals the wounds, but just too bad he let the program down by not making his kids go to class! Will never forget how careless he was when given the
chance to lead our team, even if it was temp assignment. That team was really good. The situation he was put in was not his fault, but he really added to the problems. He was part of the reason the roster was so thin when Mick had to come and save the program.

11-26-2013 08:54 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

This tournament gives UC, five games from next season assuming the Xavier game is downtown.

Florida tournament (MTSU, Ole Miss or Creighton)
@Nebraska
@NC State
Xavier at US Bank?

SDSU should be coming here next season but there is a still a need for at least one or two more high profile non-conference games, hopefully at home.

11-26-2013 09:07 AM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people
People have been prematurely predicting his demise there for years, yet he's managed to win at a school that had a dreadful basketball record. Like him or hate him, he's a darn good game coach. He showed that the year he took a disasterous situation and managed to win quite a few games for us.

11-26-2013 09:33 AM
Overrated Offline
All American

(11-26-2013 09:07 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  This tournament gives UC, five games from next season assuming the Xavier game is downtown.

@Nebraska
@NC State
Xavier at US Bank?

SDSU should be coming here next season but there is a still a need for at least one or two more high profile non-conference games, hopefully at home.

A couple of notes:

Also included in this tournament are two home games that are essentially buy-games (kinda like last year where we played two teams and then went to Las Vegas for two games against Iowa State and Oregon). So if you include Xavier on the schedule, next year we have 7 games already scheduled (2 bad teams, 5 decent to good teams) and only 2 will be at Fifth-Third unless the Xavier game goes back to a home and home.

I don't believe San Diego State is coming here next year. I asked Mick's brother on twitter after he made a comment about the way they backed out of the game and he seemed to think they would not be simply delaying the home and home by a year.

But that could have been a miscommunication.

I would expect @Nebraska and @NC State to both be significantly better games for UC next year than they are this year. Nebraska is making a huge effort to rebuild their program and NC State is incredibly young this year even though they have 3 or 4 McDondald's All Americans on the team. Also the fact both are road games obviously makes them more difficult games.

11-26-2013 01:44 PM
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
I'm still surprised by the vitriol for a former Bearcat.

11-27-2013 10:26 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

(11-26-2013 01:44 PM)Overrated Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 09:07 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  This tournament gives UC, five games from next season assuming the Xavier game is downtown.

@Nebraska
@NC State
Xavier at US Bank?

A couple of notes:

Also included in this tournament are two home games that are essentially buy-games (kinda like last year where we played two teams and then went to Las Vegas for two games against Iowa State and Oregon). So if you include Xavier on the schedule, next year we have 7 games already scheduled (2 bad teams, 5 decent to good teams) and only 2 will be at Fifth-Third unless the Xavier game goes back to a home and home.

I don't believe San Diego State is coming here next year. I asked Mick's brother on twitter after he made a comment about the way they backed out of the game and he seemed to think they would not be simply delaying the home and home by a year.

I would expect @Nebraska and @NC State to both be significantly better games for UC next year than they are this year. Nebraska is making a huge effort to rebuild their program and NC State is incredibly young this year even though they have 3 or 4 McDondald's All Americans on the team. Also the fact both are road games obviously makes them more difficult games.

Without Louisville in the league I expect a bump in the schedule even though UC will be rebuilding to a certain extent. NC Central is part of that tournament and if they are anything like this year that won't be a cupcake.

I think SDSU is a two for one that should start next season at 5/3. Cats would need one or two more big home games to offset losing Louisville. (assuming the series is done for now). With five games already scheduled off campus in the non-league part of the schedule I wouldn't be crazy about another big road game. I wish this coaching staff would look into games against former rivals Dayton or Marquette. Maybe we could swing Pitt into a home and home after we play them in New York.

Edit: I am interested to see if they still play one game in New York next season.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 10:50 AM by bearcatlawjd.)
11-27-2013 10:47 AM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
Hark I hear the familiar beckoning shots!

Time to dust off the mothballed uniforms and scurry to positions.

03-lmfao

These posts are the sign of an unmet need. We need a banter war re-enactment board.

11-27-2013 11:50 AM
Overrated Offline
All American

(11-27-2013 10:47 AM)bearcatlawjd Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 01:44 PM)Overrated Wrote:  

@Nebraska
@NC State
Xavier at US Bank?

A couple of notes:

Without Louisville in the league I expect a bump in the schedule even though UC will be rebuilding to a certain extent. NC Central is part of that tournament and if they are anything like this year that won't be a cupcake.

I think SDSU is a two for one that should start next season at 5/3. Cats would need one or two more big home games to offset losing Louisville. (assuming the series is done for now). With five games already scheduled off campus in the non-league part of the schedule I wouldn't be crazy about another big road game. I wish this coaching staff would look into games against former rivals Dayton or Marquette. Maybe we could swing Pitt into a home and home after we play them in New York.

Edit: I am interested to see if they still play one game in New York next season.

No way SDSU agreed to a 2 for 1. And like I said, Mick's brother doesn't think its happening at all.

11-28-2013 09:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.