UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Beer Revenue at Legion Field
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

I Root For: UAB
Beer Revenue at Legion Field
Did we ever find out where that money goes? I'd be comforted to know if my purchase of the 22 oz Yuengling in a can benefited my university in some way. Although for $5, that's a pretty good deal anyway.
11-23-2013 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
RE: Beer Revenue at Legion Field
Probably just goes to the city...that's why I smuggled 4 in 03-nutkick

If we ever get a realistic alternative stadium to LF that isn't on campus, we need to negotiate breakpoints for bonus revenue for the stadium partner for ticket sales/concessions.
11-23-2013 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

But, if it goes to the city, does that help us out? Maybe the city will have more money to put back into Legion Field? I'm doing some digging with them right now as well. I was just seeing if there were some connected people here that have the scoop.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 11:29 AM by thebernreuter.)
11-23-2013 11:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

(11-23-2013 11:29 AM)thebernreuter Wrote:  But, if it goes to the city, does that help us out? Maybe the city will have more money to put back into Legion Field? I'm doing some digging with them right now as well. I was just seeing if there were some connected people here that have the scoop.

I dont think we get even 1 centavo from concessions at LF. , but if the brews bring in a few more ticket buying customers, that helps us in the long run.
11-23-2013 11:35 AM
Advertisement

pbt140 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U
I was pleasantly surprised about the way the beer sales went. At first I was not happy since I have seen the ugly side of beer sales in a pro stadium. But I never saw a real problem. thought it was handled well by all involved including fans.
11-26-2013 07:38 AM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
The sale of "Blazeweiser" in "Lesion" Field for UAB "home" games are by far, the biggest surprise of my experience there this season. I had no idea it was coming, but I have enjoyed it quite a bit. I fully intend to have 1 or 2 of them this Saturday for this most disappointing of football seasons, the kind that drives most football fans to drink in the first place.
11-26-2013 12:19 PM
GreenHouseGas Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Unfortunately all concessions at Legion Field go to Yarbrough Companies. Same at Bartow as well. We can't even get a good hot dog at Legion because Yarbrough won't remove the "Legion Field Sludge" from them. You can get a plain one but there are a limited number, so go early if you want one.
11-26-2013 01:36 PM
Advertisement

BlazerDave Offline
1st String

(11-26-2013 01:36 PM)GreenHouseGas Wrote:  Unfortunately all concessions at Legion Field go to Yarbrough Companies. Same at Bartow as well. We can't even get a good hot dog at Legion because Yarbrough won't remove the "Legion Field Sludge" from them. You can get a plain one but there are a limited number, so go early if you want one.

I don't think Yarbrough has Bartow anymore. At least not in the Green and Gold room. There is some other outfit running it.
11-26-2013 01:51 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Yarbrough sucks. Nuff said.
11-26-2013 02:02 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I missed the first 10 minutes of the women's game against Samford because the only concession stand that was open had only two people operating it. The line wasn't very long (there was only 2 or 3 people in front of me) at first, but as I was waiting, it started to get there and all I wanted was a soft drink and a box of popcorn, but the service was so slow, the cashier spent most of her time gabbing with some of the customers and some of us had to stand to the side and wait for our orders to be filled. It looked so disorganized and out of sync.
11-26-2013 02:04 PM
Advertisement

Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-26-2013 01:36 PM)GreenHouseGas Wrote:  Unfortunately all concessions at Legion Field go to Yarbrough Companies. Same at Bartow as well. We can't even get a good hot dog at Legion because Yarbrough won't remove the "Legion Field Sludge" from them. You can get a plain one but there are a limited number, so go early if you want one.

03-lmfao "Legion Field Sludge?" Is that what makes them green?
11-26-2013 02:05 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
The green dog of sludge that I purchased is legendary now. Someone took a picture of it.
11-26-2013 02:07 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-26-2013 02:07 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  The green dog of sludge that I purchased is legendary now. Someone took a picture of it.

For what?03-lmfao Someone planning an expose' on TV42 again?03-lmfao

Oh well, at least it matches our team's color scheme.
11-26-2013 02:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.