Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Knock Out" thread
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
3 MORE 'KNOCKOUT' ATTACKS IN PHILLY
Quote:“Knockout” attacks have been reported in several states around the country and now investigators believe three people have been attacked in our area.

Police in Lower Merion are investigating two attacks in the area, and Philadelphia detectives are investigating an attack in Northeast Philadelphia.

It’s a violent crime that in other parts of the country has proven fatal.

Videos from cities around the country show people being punched and beaten at random.

The attackers are calling their crimes a game, the goal being to knock out the victim with one punch.

Mark Cumberland is a victim of a “Knockout” assault.

“Someone asked me for a cigarette and by the time I got my hands out my pocket I was getting hit by four kids.”

He says, “It was hard seeing and I’m still having trouble breathing and swallowing.”

Cumberland was walking out of a Fox Chase pizza shop on November 11th when he was attacked.

“There’s no reason at all. I mean, I didn’t get robbed, they didn’t take nothing from me. They just beat me up.”

Lower Merion Police say suspects Samuel Hayles and Markus January were arrested on October 29th, just moments after they allegedly ambushed and beat a 63-year-old man who was walking his dog.

Lt. Frank Higgins of the Lower Merion Police says, “He punched him right in the mouth and knocked him to the ground. The victim began to scream and yell for someone to call the police.”

A neighbor of the victim, Jeri Greenfield says, “I think it’s absolutely horrible. I think this is a beautiful neighborhood and I didn’t expect anything like that here.”

An elderly man was also attacked when he was mowing his lawn outside of his home.

The suspect in that attack is still on the loose.

Bruce Myer, a neighbor of the elderly victim says, “A kid came up to him and just punching him in the mouth. He ended up laying the street with his lawnmower.”

The only apparent motive in these attacks, as in all “Knockout” attacks, is to inflict injury on a random victim.

Myer says, “The kid did it on a dare. He said give me five dollars and I’ll knock that guy out.”

It’s very sad that before you used to walk on the street with no worries whatsoever,” neighbor Al Ciavijo said.

The elderly victim is now using a cane and a walker to get around. He has had to undergo multiple medical procedures.

That suspect is still on the loose, as are the suspects in the Northeast Philadelphia attack.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/11...phia-area/

Ok, I lived in Philly for 4 years. Lower Merion is actually in the suburbs and is probably the wealthiest town in the area. Northeast Philadelphia isn't bad. Kind of a middle-class area.... maybe a tad rough around the edges, but nowhere that you would think twice about walking around.
11-21-2013 08:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

I Root For: Liberty & ODU
RE: 3 MORE 'KNOCKOUT' ATTACKS IN PHILLY
Thanks Obama.
11-21-2013 08:14 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
This will get the media attention when a white guy pops a black teen.
11-21-2013 08:21 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
Some on here still maintain these are just bored young teens having a little fun. Where are Al, Jesse and Obama. They are quiet as always. Let one white teen attack an innocent black, then they will go crazy. Don't anyone kid yourselves, these are black gang members doing this. They are not attacking those that would have a chance to fight back, they are attacking the weak, the old and those in this society that are vulnerable. They are animals is what they are. Rabid animals that need to be taken down.
11-21-2013 08:25 AM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

(11-21-2013 08:21 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  This will get the media attention when a white guy pops a black teen.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/intended-knoc...oots-back/

Quote:When Marvell Weaver jammed the taser into the ribs of the still unidentified man and pulled the trigger, it jammed. The target pulled out his .40 caliber Smith and Wesson and shot Weaver as he tried to escape to the getaway van where two of his accomplices waited.

According to MLive.com:

“Weaver ran, sat down across the street, his leg going numb, bleeding. Pleading.

“‘I’m sorry, please don’t kill me, I don’t know why I did that, I’m high you know, I just wanna go home,’” the teen told the man who had just shot him.

In St. Louis alone, a judge said one person was responsible for 300 episodes of the Knockout Game. In Oklahoma, an accused killer of the Australian college student Chris Lane tweeted that he was “playing golf” and hitting “woods” prior to the murder earlier this month. Woods is short for “peckerwoods:” White people. The Knockout Game.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 08:59 AM by Jerry Falwell.)
11-21-2013 08:58 AM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

11-21-2013 09:55 AM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I'm telling ya, vigilantes will someday take on this problem is our leaders don't, especially the black leaders.
11-21-2013 12:04 PM
Jerry Falwell Offline
Banned

(11-21-2013 12:04 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  I'm telling ya, vigilantes will someday take on this problem is our leaders don't, especially the black leaders.

Vigilantes are the black leaders
11-21-2013 12:05 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(11-21-2013 12:04 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  I'm telling ya, vigilantes will someday take on this problem is our leaders don't, especially the black leaders.

Vigilantes will set these savages up, take them down, and disappear into the night. 2 can play that game.
11-21-2013 12:08 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
This is similar to another 'game' called Bum Hunts. Group of teens looking for some homeless dude to beat up.

What dark place do you have to go to do this? It's scary that there are so many without any moral centers out there. No shred of guilt for just clocking someone walking down the street - I don't care how "bored" you are. And I'd say it's yet another unintended consequence of the almighty Internet: the fact that you can have it filmed, get it uploaded for the world to see and get 1.5 seconds of fame is enticing to the feeble-minded.
11-21-2013 12:17 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(11-21-2013 12:17 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  This is similar to another 'game' called Bum Hunts. Group of teens looking for some homeless dude to beat up.

What dark place do you have to go to do this? It's scary that there are so many without any moral centers out there. No shred of guilt for just clocking someone walking down the street - I don't care how "bored" you are. And I'd say it's yet another unintended consequence of the almighty Internet: the fact that you can have it filmed, get it uploaded for the world to see and get 1.5 seconds of fame is enticing to the feeble-minded.

There is no fear of any accountability. They are doing a better job of starting a race war than Charlie Manson ever dreamed of.
11-21-2013 12:31 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(11-21-2013 08:21 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  This will get the media attention when a white guy pops a black teen.
Um, this was in the media. The guy posted the link.
11-21-2013 12:50 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(11-21-2013 08:14 AM)Jerry Falwell Wrote:  Thanks Obama.

+1
11-21-2013 12:58 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Still not seeing any evidence that this is some sort of a hate crime or otherwise racially motivated.
11-21-2013 01:03 PM
oklalittledixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Oklahoma
(11-21-2013 01:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Still not seeing any evidence that this is some sort of a hate crime or otherwise racially motivated.

Because you have been indoctrinated. California public schools.

It's the sickness we are trying to contain.
11-21-2013 01:04 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF

What do you expect leaders to do? This is more a job for the police.
11-21-2013 01:16 PM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(11-21-2013 01:16 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

What do you expect leaders to do? This is more a job for the police.

Set examples, teach the kids that it's wrong, maybe even turn a kid into the police. Do you think these kids do this because they had a really good upbringing?
11-21-2013 01:25 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Two reasons things like this happen:

1. Broken home/absent parents/bad upbringing
2. Peer pressure

That's it. "Boredom," which is often cited, is not a cause. Being bored doesn't make one want to go out and punch innocent people. Same with "being poor" or jobless.

The presence of the Internet is not a direct "cause," but sure helps things go from isolated to a national trend. Knockout, Flash Mob and Bum Hunt "games" don't happen without the help of video upload sites which bring a modicum of fame and boasting to the perpetrator. For all the good the Internet provides, we have to take the bad with it.
11-21-2013 01:33 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(11-21-2013 01:03 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Still not seeing any evidence that this is some sort of a hate crime or otherwise racially motivated.

The title of this thread, 3 MORE "KNOCKOUT" ATTACKS IN PHILLY, says absolutely nothing about race. Please focus on the current issue at hand.
11-21-2013 01:36 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(11-21-2013 12:17 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  This is similar to another 'game' called Bum Hunts. Group of teens looking for some homeless dude to beat up.

Trayvon Martin had videos on his phone of him and his buddies beating up homeless people. The courts wouldn't allow it to be shown because it took away from his innocent, childish image.
11-21-2013 01:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.