Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

20 + years
Bookmark and Share
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
20 + years
I sit with some folks who have had the same seats for at least 20+ years, a long, long time.
One of the group made the comment that this is the best team that he can remember. The team is so well rounded, finally has depth and hustles on D (J Lauf helps). Hoping the road win at BC gets them off the road jinx of the past. Hope the word gets out to the others who are so far a no show to get to Savage and support this team and staff.
Go Rockets!01-ncaabbs
11-19-2013 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
RE: 20 + years
I have a seat in one of the Fan Plan sections...for the first game there wasn't anybody within 5 years below me (nobody in rows behind me). Was a bit better last night but not much. So I am surprised that the Fan Plan either hasn't sold well--even though its a better deal than football given the # of games--or people just aren't in basketball mood yet, at least for the men's team.
11-19-2013 01:29 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
I agree, it will take a few more games for people to get into basketball mode. I agree we now have a full slate of Division 1 athletes. Even when we were winning with Stan we never had this many quality Division 1 players. Play a bit better D, get these lower tier teams to stop raining 3 pointers on us and you'll see some more lopsided wins. Plus more on-court time will only benefit this team. They are still relatively new at playing together. Greece and summer helped, but it didn't seem like they received much competition overseas. Everyone practiced last year, but practice is different from game pace.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2013 05:05 PM by emanoh.)
11-19-2013 02:19 PM
42 of Blue Crew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Bring on the fans. We used to have loud vocal fans/vocal student section for basketball not too many years ago. By the end of the season I expect all of that to be in place again. Very impressed with what Coach K has done. Now he just needs to go out and win.
11-19-2013 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I do think that bball attendance (mens) picks up after football season ends--seems like the "casual fan" picks one over the other until then...upcoming 3-game stretch is big; U Detroit Mercy doesn't scare me too much, but Stony Brook is a pretty good team that hasn't really been challenged yet other than there recent loss at Indiana, and Florida Atlantic gave Boston College fits, with BC only winning by 3. If we can play well enough to sweep those and get to 6-0 (or even 5-1, but I'm greedy after all these seasons), then I think the attendance will start to pick up.
11-19-2013 03:53 PM
toledo1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: toledo
Tough night to get anyone out to the game. Watch TV and nobody was at Texas Tech etc. Team is good but they will need to continue to get better to beat Kent. Fun to watch guys accept their roles... not easy but TK so far seems to have done it.
11-19-2013 05:34 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

If we win, they will come. After years and years of losing, it will take some steady winning for a while or a statement to quickly light the fanbase. getting to 6-0 or better might be that statement to get em back quick. student section was probably 80%plus, so im not worried about that being full is we come home 6-0, just need to work on filling the lower bowl and then go from there.
11-19-2013 06:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.