11-16-2013 10:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
RE: North Carolina Single Game Tickets On-Sale This Monday
I hope we have an announcement shortly thereafter that the game is sold out.

They tried to pimp these $99 six-packs by scaring folks into thinking there wouldn't be any UNC tickets left. I knew that would not be the case. Let's sell this thing out in one day!
11-16-2013 10:32 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I got my 6 pack in the mail on Friday.
11-16-2013 11:39 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I bought extras. I have no issues with the six packs. What they are doing is trying to let UAB people get as many tickets as they can. You watch how many folks start begging for tickets and then go, well I didn't know. The UNC folks will be burning up the lines and shut the procrastinators out. It will sell out in about 30 minutes.

Just like the Memphis games we will have a sea of blue with no one to blame but ourselves.
11-17-2013 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-17-2013 11:01 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I bought extras. I have no issues with the six packs. What they are doing is trying to let UAB people get as many tickets as they can. You watch how many folks start begging for tickets and then go, well I didn't know. The UNC folks will be burning up the lines and shut the procrastinators out. It will sell out in about 30 minutes.

Just like the Memphis games we will have a sea of blue with no one to blame but ourselves.

If it's a sea of blue, there's no one to blame but the ticket price. I bought 4 season tickets for the price of 2 upper level UNC tickets.

I don't have a problem with it, since UNC fans would be paying us a huge premium on the tickets.
11-17-2013 11:39 AM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

(11-17-2013 11:39 AM)demiveeman Wrote:  If it's a sea of blue, there's no one to blame but the ticket price. I bought 4 season tickets for the price of 2 upper level UNC tickets.

4 season tickets for $70 total ????? Where have I been going wrong??? Mine cost me around $200 each
11-17-2013 11:44 AM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-17-2013 11:44 AM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  
(11-17-2013 11:39 AM)demiveeman Wrote:  If it's a sea of blue, there's no one to blame but the ticket price. I bought 4 season tickets for the price of 2 upper level UNC tickets.

4 season tickets for $70 total ????? Where have I been going wrong??? Mine cost me around $200 each

Sorry...that came out wrong. I meant, I bought 4 season tickets, each of which were the cost of 2 UNC tickets. Essentially making the per game cost $4.17.

http://www.uabsports.com/sports/m-baskbl...11aab.html
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 11:47 AM by demiveeman.)
11-17-2013 11:45 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
UNC people have no problem buying them. Why should UAB people? I'm not preaching to those here as most everyone here has tickets. I'm more or less complaining out loud about the general public (and some of our own fans) that have divided loyalties and were busy cheering on SEC schools yesterday. lol Some of these same folks will wonder how they can get tickets Monday evening after it is sold out.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 11:54 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
11-17-2013 11:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
They changed the time of this game as well.. It was originally at 2PM
11-17-2013 12:32 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-17-2013 11:53 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  UNC people have no problem buying them. Why should UAB people? I'm not preaching to those here as most everyone here has tickets. I'm more or less complaining out loud about the general public (and some of our own fans) that have divided loyalties and were busy cheering on SEC schools yesterday. lol Some of these same folks will wonder how they can get tickets Monday evening after it is sold out.

Don't think the UAB/UNC basketball game has much to do with people that watched other football teams yesterday.

You say "divided loyalties" I say "mixed allegiances", one is more positive than the other.

UNC people will justify buying them because a lot of UNC fans that live closer to Birmingham can justify a trip for $35 a ticket to see their favorite team play (especially since the price of tickets for UNC is usually much higher and the availability much lower)...when they might not get many chances to otherwise.

Non-UNC fans in Birmingham and surrounded areas are going to look at $35 a ticket for a game (more if you bring family) on a holiday weekend...and wonder if it's worth it to pay $140+ for a family of four to come to a 2+ hour game on a Sunday night that's free to watch on television.

Obviously I'm going to be there, and I'm bringing my wife and my dad...but I think for a lot of people that would have normally purchased tickets to see a big game like that, $35 a pop for upper level seats is a tough pull post-Black Friday/pre-Christmas.

That having been said, UAB knows this and increased the price of tickets knowing that UNC fans would buy them anyway, so you might as well make the money where you can. New floors don't buy themselves.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 12:40 PM by demiveeman.)
11-17-2013 12:39 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I hate to complain about this, because I blasted MB for it, but why is uab changing the start times of all of these games all of a sudden??

This game was originally scheduled for 2PM, and starting at 5 kind of screws up my travel plans... I'll still go, but its very inconvenient. When you make a schedule, you usually try to stick to it. Why are they changing it so much???
11-17-2013 12:44 PM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-17-2013 12:44 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  I hate to complain about this, because I blasted MB for it, but why is uab changing the start times of all of these games all of a sudden??

This game was originally scheduled for 2PM, and starting at 5 kind of screws up my travel plans... I'll still go, but its very inconvenient. When you make a schedule, you usually try to stick to it. Why are they changing it so much???

1. The FAMU change was to let players go home for Thanksgiving easier.

2. The UNC change is due to television scheduling.
11-17-2013 12:47 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
The is something called TBA when dealing with television. UAB has used it before. They didn't know they had players traveling for Thanksgiving before they released the schedule? I don't buy that excuse. Players have miisse holidays in the past. They need to realize a lot of fans make their schedule plans based on what they originally schedule
11-17-2013 02:33 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

Last year the players missed Thanksgiving because they played in the Corpus Christi tournament. Most years they is either thanksgiving or Christmas
11-17-2013 02:36 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-17-2013 02:33 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  The is something called TBA when dealing with television. UAB has used it before. They didn't know they had players traveling for Thanksgiving before they released the schedule? I don't buy that excuse. Players have miisse holidays in the past. They need to realize a lot of fans make their schedule plans based on what they originally schedule

Good point.

Not sure why they didn't put TBA on the UNC game, knowing it would be a TV game.

Probably could have better handled the Thanksgiving game as well. I know some Blazer fans that were coming into town for Thanksgiving and were glad to be able to see the game (almost like a UAB Basketball Homecoming of sorts) that can't now because of work/kids in school.

It doesn't really affect my plans, but it probably would have if I were an out-of-towner and I'd be reasonably upset. The UNC time-change did mess up my brother's plans to come to the game, but that's what happens with TV schedules.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013 02:43 PM by demiveeman.)
11-17-2013 02:42 PM
iam4uab Offline
All American

Yeah, I would have been buying tickets for a 2pm UNC game, but I can't make the 5pm game. Daughter's B-day party that evening, so I'll be close to a TV there.
11-17-2013 03:43 PM
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I'll have to get on the road for a 5-6 hour drive home after the game, so the 2PM start time would've been much better for me. Oh we'll, it's the only time ill get to see the blazers play at home this year, so ill likely make a sacrifice..
11-17-2013 04:25 PM
Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

I'm glad we scheduled UNC rather than Belmont. Whew..
11-17-2013 09:00 PM
UAB86 Offline
Bench Warmer

Plenty of seats still available. I thought this game would have been sold out by now.
11-18-2013 10:08 AM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-18-2013 10:08 AM)UAB86 Wrote:  Plenty of seats still available. I thought this game would have been sold out by now.

Not with the 5pm Sunday tip-off time.
11-18-2013 10:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.