Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TV ratings for first ever Big East Games on Fox Sports 1 & 2
Bookmark and Share
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
TV ratings for first ever Big East Games on Fox Sports 1 & 2
Here are some TV ratings for the first ever Big East home conf games shown on Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2:

Games on Fox Sports 1
Friday, Nov 8th, 6 pm -8 pm
Boston College at Providence
0.1 HH (Households per million), 187,000 viewers

Games on Fox Sports 2

Friday, Nov 8 at 8 pm
Lafayette at Villanova
0.0 HH; 14,000 viewers

Saturday, Nov 9 at 4 pm
Grambling at DePaul
0.0 HH; 6.000 viewers

Saturday, Nov 9 at 6 pm
Niagra at Seton Hall
0.0 HH; 15,000 viewers

Saturday, Nov 9, 8pm - 10 pm
Lamar at Butler
0.0 HH, 39,000 viewers
11-15-2013 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: TV ratings for first ever Big East Games on Fox Sports 1 & 2
It is going to take awhile...I don't even think about FOX and Hoops. I haven't seen one BB game this year on FOX anywhere and only caught parts of a few FB games on FOX Sports 1
11-16-2013 02:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(11-16-2013 02:47 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  It is going to take awhile...I don't even think about FOX and Hoops. I haven't seen one BB game this year on FOX anywhere and only caught parts of a few FB games on FOX Sports 1

Outside the recent almost Final Four like Classic that was just played in Chicago, most non-conf hoop games in Nov (especially going up against college and NFL football on weekends) and even in Dec struggle a bit in tv ratings. (Ratings due jump some in Jan/Feb when conf games are played).

I do think having double headers like the new Champions Classic could help introduce stars (especially incoming Freshmen) to the public which might hep attract more viewers during the rest of the regular season. (viewers always show up for March Madness).

Champions Classic Michigan State vs UK: 2nd highest TV ratings ever for a non-conf game.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/11...er/215653/

By market, Louisville easily had the highest TV rating for the MSU vs UK game in the nation.
11-16-2013 07:24 AM
Jet915 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Creighton/Navy
Basketball ratings usually fall between 0 and 0.2 unless it is a big time game like the champion's classic. Ratings for FS2 are always low cause they are barely in any homes at this point.
11-16-2013 07:47 AM
johnbragg Online
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
BC-PRovidence would have done better ratings on an ESPN channel. The rest are pretty much filler as far as TV goes--that's why they're on FoxSports2.

FS1 will keep building.
11-16-2013 09:50 AM
Advertisement

IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
what is worse than lousy Fox Sports 2 ratings (because those should continually grow) is that ESPN isn't talking much about the Big East - I think that hurts more.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013 09:42 PM by IceJus10.)
11-16-2013 09:42 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
really the only basketball ESPN has talked about was the Champions Classic this past week..

Things will pick up this week with all the exempt tournaments. All 10 Big East teams are in these in the next 3 weeks.
11-17-2013 02:11 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Big East used to be the most watched Basketball conference. Along with ACC, B1G.
11-18-2013 10:31 AM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
(11-16-2013 02:47 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  It is going to take awhile...I don't even think about FOX and Hoops. I haven't seen one BB game this year on FOX anywhere and only caught parts of a few FB games on FOX Sports 1

Big Fox only has one basketball game scheduled all year and it was this past Saturday with Wisconsin at Marquette. I don't think it was an accident that the only game on Big FOx just happened to be a game featuring a Big Ten team.
11-18-2013 11:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.