Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU @ N. Illinois hoops predictions
Bookmark and Share
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
JMU @ N. Illinois hoops predictions
N. Illinois was a horrible team last year, but I have no idea who they lost and who they gained. Any Chicagoland Dukes out there who can fill us in?
Brady seems concerned about their bigs vs our stringbeans, but he hinted at using the zone alot this year to leverage the length of the wings. We saw effective use of it during stretches of the UVA game.

JMU scratches one out while the offense is still finding its way. Lukic breaks the ice with his first points of the year.

JMU 63
N. Ill. 59
11-13-2013 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

brizzock Offline
Galactic Overlord

I Root For: JMU
RE: JMU @ N. Illinois hoops predictions
I'll be at the games this weekend, but I couldn't tell you much about NIU.....that being said, we aren't very good. And we're on the road a long way from home. I'm seeing a 10 point loss in our future.
11-13-2013 01:40 PM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
(11-13-2013 01:40 PM)brizzock Wrote:  I'll be at the games this weekend, but I couldn't tell you much about NIU.....that being said, we aren't very good. And we're on the road a long way from home. I'm seeing a 10 point loss in our future.

Yeah...young team still trying to find an idenity traveling half way across the country. I don't expect the Dukes to come out of their with a W.
11-13-2013 02:01 PM
brizzock Offline
Galactic Overlord

Is anyone else going to the games?
11-13-2013 02:15 PM
bridgeforthduke Offline
All American

I don't know much about NIU other than that they lost to Nebraska-Omaha in their first game this year. I have confidence in JMU.

JMU - 71
NIU - 64
11-13-2013 02:36 PM
Advertisement

uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
If you win by less than 10, you should fire your coach and pull all your scholarships. In fact, you should cancel the basketball program entirely.
11-13-2013 02:46 PM
brizzock Offline
Galactic Overlord

more money for football then! awesome!
11-13-2013 02:49 PM
jmu98 Offline
All American

Considering that they lost to one of my Dad's alma maters I have to think that if the Dukes don't win this it will be a very, very, very long season. UNO, who they lost to, is a hockey and wrestling school who should not beat a MAC team in basketball.
11-13-2013 03:39 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

The MAC is a one bid league just like us. And NIU is considered the worst of all the lower end teams there. While a loss is possible, I would be more surprised if we lost than if we won. For the most part, I was pleased w/ our defense against UVA. We held them to less < 42% from the field and < 25% from 3 point land. We did move the ball around well and became less tentative in the second half. I think we'll be fine in this tourney-we don't play anybody tough. It's just what we need right now to fine tune this mix of new players we're dealing with.
11-13-2013 04:00 PM
Advertisement

Dukes94 Offline
All American

NIU has had back-to-back five win seasons, which is almost good enough to extend Mickey's contract (throwing a bone to the haters! 03-lmfao), but it's pretty bad in hoops. Still, this JMU team is one big unknown. An L would not surprise me.
11-13-2013 10:52 PM
penninajx Offline
Bench Warmer

NIU is horrible. While I didn't like what I saw last Friday night (section 334 was difficult to see anything, actually), I have a feeling the Dukes are going to put together a good-looking game against a sub-par team. We need to figure out how to get to the rim, we desperately miss D. Moore. With that said...

JMU: 68
NIU: 55
11-14-2013 07:10 AM
Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

Who the heck is Shawn Wilborne? He's in the JMU Basketball team photo but not listed on the roster. His twitter feed makes it seem like he's on the team and a quick internet search shows he may have went to a HS in Spotsy.

On the road in a tournament designed for wretched teams. I don't know if I'm very interested to see what our team stocked by recruiting at the United Nations can accomplish --- OR roll over and wake up in time for the NCAA Tourney & Spanky to begin his goodbye tour
11-14-2013 10:05 AM
JMU2014 Offline
2nd String

(11-14-2013 10:05 AM)Bawlmer Duke Wrote:  Who the heck is Shawn Wilborne? He's in the JMU Basketball team photo but not listed on the roster. His twitter feed makes it seem like he's on the team and a quick internet search shows he may have went to a HS in Spotsy.

On the road in a tournament designed for wretched teams. I don't know if I'm very interested to see what our team stocked by recruiting at the United Nations can accomplish --- OR roll over and wake up in time for the NCAA Tourney & Spanky to begin his goodbye tour

Shawn Wilborne is a walkon. He didn't suit up for the Philadelphia U scrimmage and I'm not sure if he did for the UVA game.
11-14-2013 11:12 AM
Advertisement

Sax Offline
Special Teams

Any viewing options for the weekend slate of games?
11-14-2013 12:46 PM
Top Dawg Offline
Special Teams

(11-14-2013 12:46 PM)Sax Wrote:  Any viewing options for the weekend slate of games?
See link in article.
http://www.jmusports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...=209306921
11-14-2013 03:04 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
If you don't beat us I'm sure there are plenty of walls around that you can bang your head against. I'd expect JMU to win by 10-14. That said, we're a young team that showed flashes of improvement vs. UNO. But we can't hit free throws to save our life (or 3-pointers) and they're calling everything fouls now. So it will turn into a free-throw shooting contest which we will lose without a doubt.
11-14-2013 05:25 PM
Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
(11-14-2013 05:25 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  If you don't beat us I'm sure there are plenty of walls around that you can bang your head against. I'd expect JMU to win by 10-14. That said, we're a young team that showed flashes of improvement vs. UNO. But we can't hit free throws to save our life (or 3-pointers) and they're calling everything fouls now. So it will turn into a free-throw shooting contest which we will lose without a doubt.

I enjoyed the football game last night. You guys are on quite the run. I hope the Dukes win in hoops, 61-58.
11-14-2013 06:28 PM
Advertisement

Yesolitis Offline
Special Teams

Ditto on the football comment. I hope NIU can crack into the BCS games again.

Sounds like your basketball program is worse than JMU's was at its low point a few years back, and that's saying a lot. If we lose, by all account I read on here, we need serious help.
11-15-2013 12:59 PM
Pitz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes.
NIU is a one-point favorite. Woof.
11-15-2013 01:14 PM
JMU_Degenerate Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU DUUUUKES
(11-15-2013 01:14 PM)Pitz Wrote:  NIU is a one-point favorite. Woof.

FWIW, JMU was a 2 point favorite in this game when the line opened. Enough action came in this morning on NIU+2 to move the line all the way to NIU-2.
11-15-2013 03:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.