Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Should the MAC do an intervention on OU?
Bookmark and Share
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Should the MAC do an intervention on OU?
After losing by a combined score of 79-3 the last two weeks, does the MAC have a duty to ensure that its membership is functional, sportsmen like and competitive? The situation at Ohio University sounds like it calls for an intervention from the MAC office.

Should Jon Steinbrecher step in an fire Solich and hire the next OU coach and require certain minimums to be met by the school? How about a probationary period to improve performance before Solichs' dismissal?

OU hired AD Jim Schaus on April 7, 2008. What are his thoughts on continuing football at the FBS level? Is he willing to consider an FCS study citing the advantages of hosting playoff games in Peden Stadium and greater crowds with success?
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 10:48 AM by Redwingtom.)
11-13-2013 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OUVan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
RE: Should the MAC to an intervention on OU?
03-yawn
11-13-2013 10:15 AM
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:
I think all they can legally do is suspend them from using the term "Flagship" for an indefinite period of time.
11-13-2013 10:16 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
(11-13-2013 10:16 AM)MacLord Wrote:  I think all they can legally do is suspend them from using the term "Flagship" for an indefinite period of time.

04-cheers
11-13-2013 10:34 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
OIHO U has football?
11-13-2013 10:44 AM
Advertisement

thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
Bowling Greens's attendance was only 8,527 last night. Should BG consider moving down to FCS as well?

Editor's Note: This is sarcasm.
11-13-2013 10:46 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: Should the MAC do an intervention on OU?
(11-13-2013 10:14 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Should Jon Steinbrecher step in an fire Solich and hire the next OU coach and require certain minimums to be met by the school? How about a probationary period to improve performance before Solichs' dismissal?

If so, I would add Solich's name to the list of former MAC HCs (e.g., Cubit, Gill, etc.) whom EMU would consider to replace English.

I understand that 60s (age-wise) is like 50s (of a few generations ago) so Solich should have enough time to turn the program around. Okay, I know that life expectancy for him is 15 - 20 years.

I say, if Solich can't turn around the EMU program in 15 years he should voluntarily retire or face firing. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 11:22 AM by emu steve.)
11-13-2013 11:07 AM
midlandchip Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(11-13-2013 10:14 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  After losing by a combined score of 79-3 the last two weeks, does the MAC have a duty to ensure that its membership is functional, sportsmen like and competitive? The situation at Ohio University sounds like it calls for an intervention from the MAC office.

Should Jon Steinbrecher step in an fire Solich and hire the next OU coach and require certain minimums to be met by the school? How about a probationary period to improve performance before Solichs' dismissal?

OU hired AD Jim Schaus on April 7, 2008. What are his thoughts on continuing football at the FBS level? Is he willing to consider an FCS study citing the advantages of hosting playoff games in Peden Stadium and greater crowds with success?

Okay, this is going too far. I also am disappointed with Ohio's performance against Buffalo and Bowling Green. I actually picked Ohio to lose both those games but in no way did I ever think they would lose the way they did.

Despite those two losses, Ohio still has a good shot at winning its final two games and finishing the season at 8-4. That will make five winning seasons in a row and the only other team in the MAC that will be able to say that is Northern Illinois. Not too shabby in my book.

The down side is although they are winning as far as the season records are concerned they just seem to stumble in the big games. That needs to get fixed.
11-13-2013 11:07 AM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
Ohio: "Hi, my name's Ohio and I have a football problem."
MAC: "Hi, Ohio."

[Image: meetings.jpg]
11-13-2013 11:10 AM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
OHIO: Hello, my name is flagship.
MAC: I know you are but what am I?
11-13-2013 11:19 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(11-13-2013 11:10 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  Ohio: "Hi, my name's Ohio and I have a football problem."
WMU fans: "Hi, Ohio."

Fixed
11-13-2013 11:20 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Okay, was it really not that obvious? 03-lol
http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=659726
11-13-2013 12:01 PM
e-bethMSU Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis (State)
(11-13-2013 10:16 AM)MacLord Wrote:  I think all they can legally do is suspend them from using the term "Flagship" for an indefinite period of time.

cusa and now the aau have told us that we can't call our team a "football team" anymore. i think we've settled on "backwards line dancing with synchronized outfits"
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 12:30 PM by e-bethMSU.)
11-13-2013 12:29 PM
Advertisement

Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
(11-13-2013 11:20 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  
(11-13-2013 11:10 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  Ohio: "Hi, my name's Ohio and I have a football problem."

Fixed

Hmmm...lemme look and see who's there; I see Kent, and Acorn, and Miami, and Massachussetts, and the Michigan brothers, Eastern, Central, and Western
11-13-2013 12:46 PM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(11-13-2013 10:44 AM)DrTorch Wrote:  OHIO U has football?
I know they have football, they keep beating MiamiU, who puts their emphasis on ice hockey.

Though I don't recall them beating MiamiU in ice hockey recently.

I would stand up for OhioU for not winning the MAC FB championship for the entire three decades that I have been a MAC alum, based on their strength in the sports where the competitors are actual scholar-athletes ... baseball in 1997, their Men's BBall tournament win in 2012, their women's BBall co-regular-season championship in 94/95, their cross country men's championship in 1996, their women's cross country in 1997, their 2011 field hockey double ~ four doubles (one shared regular season) in the past decade ~ their 1980 men's golf championship, their shared women's soccer regular season title in 2004, their 2011 regular divisional title in softball, their 2011 women's diving title, their 1984 women's track title, their 2011 divisional regular season title in Volleyball.

Clearly their best days are behind them, with much better championship performance across the board in the 80's and 90's than in the current century, but despite their lagging competitiveness, they have not given up the ghost and continue to fight, and sometimes land, regular season and tournament titles in the MAC.

A bunch of pot smokers they may be, but that is a regional thing, since southern Ohio in particular and northern and central Appalachia in general is a major pot growing area. And while it may interfere with the drive required to win the MACC in Football, it seems to help settle the nerves for some of the other sports.
11-13-2013 01:11 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(11-13-2013 01:11 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  A bunch of pot smokers they may be, but that is a regional thing, since southern Ohio in particular and northern and central Appalachia in general is a major pot growing area. And while it may interfere with the drive required to win the MACC in Football, it seems to help settle the nerves for some of the other sports.

Where is some of the best college football played? Oregon.
Where is some of the best NFL football played? Denver. Seattle.

What do these areas have in common? Legalized marijuana. And while it’s true those statistics aren’t based on real data and that I just made them up, they are nonetheless startling.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 03:57 PM by Lord Stanley.)
11-13-2013 01:24 PM
Flash Freak 3 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State
(11-13-2013 12:46 PM)Slinkin Street Flash Wrote:  
(11-13-2013 11:20 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  

Fixed

Hmmm...lemme look and see who's there; I see Kent, and Acorn, and Miami, and Massachussetts, and the Michigan brothers, Eastern, Central, and Western

Stop it this instance! (before I bust my gut laughing). Where's the sensitivity and compassion here?
11-13-2013 01:34 PM
Advertisement

JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
This is a perfect opportunity for Ohio to fire Solich, clean house, and pour money into sports it can be competitive in rather than the hamster wheel that is football.
11-13-2013 01:44 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
Re: RE: Should the MAC do an intervention on OU?
(11-13-2013 01:24 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(11-13-2013 01:11 PM)BruceMcF Wrote:  A bunch of pot smokers they may be, but that is a regional thing, since southern Ohio in particular and northern and central Appalachia in general is a major pot growing area. And while it may interfere with the drive required to win the MACC in Football, it seems to help settle the nerves for some of the other sports.

Where is some of the best college football played? Oregon.
Where is some of the best NFL college football played? Denver. Seattle.

What do these areas have in common? Legalized marijuana. And while it’s true those statistics aren’t based on real data and that I just made them up, they are nonetheless startling.

Hahahahahahahaha
11-13-2013 03:52 PM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(11-13-2013 01:44 PM)JSF Wrote:  This is a perfect opportunity for Ohio to fire Solich, clean house, and pour money into sports it can be competitive in rather than the hamster wheel that is football.
But just like the real hamster and the real wheel ... they won't stop putting in their time on the wheel.
11-13-2013 04:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.