Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Warford
Bookmark and Share
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Warford
Nowhere in sight. I guess WE actually knew what we were talking about. Kudos to Fuente ........ Doe !!!
11-09-2013 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies
RE: Warford
If only Warford's mistakes had ended like Dorseus'.
11-09-2013 08:49 PM
TigerBo Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-09-2013 08:49 PM)Psicosis Wrote:  If only Warford's mistakes had ended like Dorseus'.

Yep.. and that was a nice run when we needed one.
11-09-2013 08:53 PM
innman Offline
1st String

Did he dress? There was a mention of him by the announcers in reference to his fumbles. Good to see he is watching and learning. Or is he?
11-09-2013 09:18 PM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Warford
They said he dressed but was in the doghouse.
11-09-2013 09:54 PM
JhanJo Offline
1st String

I looked for him on the sidelines and didn't see him. I wanted to see if he was up being a part of the team or sitting on the bench with his head down. I didn't see him warming up or during the game.
11-09-2013 10:01 PM
Advertisement

uofmbrad Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers/Miss St.
Warford
He was tweeting during the game and wasn't on the sideline.
11-09-2013 10:18 PM
Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

in the stands
11-09-2013 10:19 PM
dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(11-09-2013 10:18 PM)uofmbrad Wrote:  He was tweeting during the game and wasn't on the sideline.

We need beaters, not tweeters!
11-09-2013 10:19 PM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

So is Warford benched because of turning the ball over? If so in fairness shouldn't Lynch be benched as well? Warford fumbles and is never seen from in the game again. Lynch fumbles and throws a really bad pass that's intercepted and is still playing. Maybe it's Warford's bad attitude. Of course, maybe Lynch would have a bad attitude if he was benched after a fumble and didn't return.

I am really not trying to stir anything up. It just appears that there is a double-standard.
11-09-2013 10:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigeriron Offline
All American

I Root For: ban negativity
where's JTS?
11-09-2013 10:41 PM
Advertisement

Trapper John Offline
1st String

(11-09-2013 10:34 PM)mairving Wrote:  So is Warford benched because of turning the ball over? If so in fairness shouldn't Lynch be benched as well? Warford fumbles and is never seen from in the game again. Lynch fumbles and throws a really bad pass that's intercepted and is still playing. Maybe it's Warford's bad attitude. Of course, maybe Lynch would have a bad attitude if he was benched after a fumble and didn't return.

I am really not trying to stir anything up. It just appears that there is a double-standard.

I'm o.k. with giving Lynch a lot of room to grow, once Coach named him the starter you have to stay with him through thick and thin. What I don't understand is going with Lynch to develop for the future and then running an ultra-conservative offensive plan.
11-09-2013 10:49 PM
memphomike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mempho
Attitude, Fuente teachn him some things about being a man
11-10-2013 12:34 AM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(11-09-2013 10:34 PM)mairving Wrote:  So is Warford benched because of turning the ball over? If so in fairness shouldn't Lynch be benched as well? Warford fumbles and is never seen from in the game again. Lynch fumbles and throws a really bad pass that's intercepted and is still playing. Maybe it's Warford's bad attitude. Of course, maybe Lynch would have a bad attitude if he was benched after a fumble and didn't return.

The biggest difference is the fact that Lynch is handling the ball on every single offensive play. Warford handles the ball a considerable amount less. Interceptions are to be expected from the QB position, as is maybe a fumble or two from running backs. However, I believe Warford had something like 6 fumbles in 5 games. Totally different positions and situations.
11-10-2013 12:44 AM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
I think it was in the A&M game, early and something happened I guess, I wasn't really paying attention, I heard the announcers say "Well that's the trouble with playing true freshmen running backs. There's two problems, ball security and pass protection."

It seems that perhaps Coach Fuente was too impressed with his own brilliance this season, re: true FR RB's and replacing a SR QB. (I mean in the early couple of games.)
11-10-2013 02:16 AM
KYTIGER Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UofM

Uh..dumb comparison. As another poster said, it's not even remotely close to the same number of actual handles.
11-10-2013 07:52 AM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy

Lynch wasn't spewing profanity at coaches or fans. His benching was more for attitude than for performance. Good to nip that stuff in the bud now than later.
11-10-2013 11:46 AM
Sheldon Cooper Offline
Banned

I believe we lost 1 fumble last night and it seemed questionable. Believe we recovered our own fumble near the 15 or so. Think we had 1 interception. I am not much on reading stats, just going on memory. Lynch throwing interceptions can't be compared to fumbles. 11 players can intercept a pass in the air. Only one player can fumble the ball, the runner. Warford is too much a liability when he is in the game. If he did not dress, it seems his future is not good. If Lynch lost 5 fumbles in 4 games, would we sit him or the center?
11-10-2013 01:59 PM
NJ1 Offline
King of Kong

(11-10-2013 11:46 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  

Lynch wasn't spewing profanity at coaches or fans. His benching was more for attitude than for performance. Good to nip that stuff in the bud now than later.

For the record, I've seen no official confirmation that this happened-- only message board rumors. Probably best if we don't state it as fact unless it's on official record somewhere.
11-10-2013 02:03 PM
MtownTigers916 Offline
Tiger PhD

Well he's still responding to fans on twitter using profanities....
11-10-2013 02:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.