Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Brett McMurphy slams the door on talk of Cincy, BYU to the Big 12
BE4evah Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big East
Brett McMurphy slams the door on talk of Cincy, BYU to the Big 12
Point blank he says such talk is fiction.

The fans of the schools want it to happen so badly that they don't want to believe otherwise.

https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN
11-04-2013 11:36 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Brett McMurphy slams the door on talk of Cincy, BYU to the Big 12
Where does he say that in the feed?
11-04-2013 11:38 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Quote:Christopher Lambert ‏@ChrsLambertMSNN 9h
@McMurphyESPN Care to comment on rumors of Big 12 adding BYU, Cincinnati and/or UCF & USF? Fact or fiction?

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 9h
@ChrsLambertMSNN Fiction

Christopher Lambert ‏@ChrsLambertMSNN 9h
@McMurphyESPN Thanks. People never believe me.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 9h
@ChrsLambertMSNN they don't believe me either. they just want it to happen so bad, but there's no reason for big 12 to add any of those
11-04-2013 11:49 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Well I guess the AAC will survive.
11-05-2013 12:03 AM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
I wasn't aware that BYU fans were clammoring to get in the Big 12.
11-05-2013 08:34 AM
OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
Lol that was the Dude that asked him and then pouts about people not believing him either.
11-05-2013 08:45 AM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
05-nono When Brett McMurphy says it ain't so, look out because it is fixing to happen, bubba! 07-coffee3
11-05-2013 08:59 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
When all the discussion was hot and heavy about the Big 10 taking ACC schools, he was the first to really say it wasn't likely to happen.
11-05-2013 09:25 AM
apex_pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina
(11-05-2013 09:25 AM)bullet Wrote:  When all the discussion was hot and heavy about the Big 10 taking ACC schools, he was the first to really say it wasn't likely to happen.

These guys make their living based on reputation and driving traffic. The more they are wrong, the less valuable they become. You, in general, are always going to get something wrong. But I strongly believe these guys are hinging their comments based on their connections (right or wrong) and they roll the dice on what they truly think is the correct answer. They'll be very coy when they don't have a clue.
11-05-2013 09:37 AM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
(11-05-2013 09:37 AM)apex_pirate Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 09:25 AM)bullet Wrote:  When all the discussion was hot and heavy about the Big 10 taking ACC schools, he was the first to really say it wasn't likely to happen.

These guys make their living based on reputation and driving traffic. The more they are wrong, the less valuable they become. You, in general, are always going to get something wrong. But I strongly believe these guys are hinging their comments based on their connections (right or wrong) and they roll the dice on what they truly think is the correct answer. They'll be very coy when they don't have a clue.

McMurphy is pretty solid. He is almost always the first to report when something is definitely going to happen. He is a reporter based on what he knows, not prognosticating. As soon as there is actual Cincy or BYU news, I'm sure he'll be on it.
11-05-2013 09:53 AM
Hashtag Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNC
NYC is the holy grail of TV markets. NYC gives a rat's arse about college football but does like college basketball. UCONN and BYU (football only) makes he most sense.
B12 keeps its bball double round robin schedule and also gets a football champ game.
As a partial member, BYU gets a small piece of the conference $ share.

From a basketball perspective, UCONN could host 2-4 games per year at MSG.
UCONN-Kansas in MSG every year would be electric.
11-05-2013 10:07 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Hashtag, NYC could give a 01-rivals about anything outside of NYC. So what NYC cares about is kind of irrelevant in the national picture.
(11-04-2013 11:36 PM)BE4evah Wrote:  Point blank he says such talk is fiction.

The fans of the schools want it to happen so badly that they don't want to believe otherwise.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. You'd be amazed at how often science fiction becomes fact over time.

Arthur C. Clarke fully described satellite communications in 1939. It was science fiction when he wrote it. Today it's a fact of life.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 10:10 AM by bitcruncher.)
11-05-2013 10:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
SMUmustangs Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-05-2013 08:59 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  05-nono When Brett McMurphy says it ain't so, look out because it is fixing to happen, bubba! 07-coffee3

I feel just the opposite about McMurphy. I think he is usually right.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 10:41 AM by SMUmustangs.)
11-05-2013 10:41 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(11-05-2013 10:41 AM)SMUmustangs Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 08:59 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  05-nono When Brett McMurphy says it ain't so, look out because it is fixing to happen, bubba! 07-coffee3

I feel just the opposite about McMurphy. I think he is usually right.

That has been unfortunate for the AAC, but yes, on most things McMurphy has been correct.
11-05-2013 10:45 AM
IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
I think he is an idiot, but unfortunately for my disdain for him, he is usually pretty acurate - when talk of change is in the air, he's usually the first (or one of them) to say so... so for him to say its fiction is pretty solid. That doesn't mean later something won't happen, but right now, nothing.
11-05-2013 10:47 AM
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
(11-05-2013 10:07 AM)Hashtag Wrote:  NYC is the holy grail of TV markets. NYC gives a rat's arse about college football but does like college basketball. UCONN and BYU (football only) makes he most sense.
B12 keeps its bball double round robin schedule and also gets a football champ game.

Sure, but I have always thought one specific matchup is a bad way to look at things. If UCONN-Kansas in MSG would be so great for everyone, just schedule it now.
11-05-2013 10:49 AM
Advertisement

Hashtag Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNC
(11-05-2013 10:49 AM)uccheese Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 10:07 AM)Hashtag Wrote:  NYC is the holy grail of TV markets. NYC gives a rat's arse about college football but does like college basketball. UCONN and BYU (football only) makes he most sense.

Sure, but I have always thought one specific matchup is a bad way to look at things. If UCONN-Kansas in MSG would be so great for everyone, just schedule it now.

Similar to having the 2 marquee football teams play annually in Dallas. B12 basketball is like ACC football in the 90s...ACC had 1 king (FSU) and 8 peasants. UCONN is a nationally known program, with more Natl basketball champs (3) than anyone in the last 15yrs.

Ideally the B12 would expand to 14 with Cincy, UCONN, Memphis, and BYU (fball). That would make the B12 top 2 in basketball (along w ACC) and top 2-3 in football.
11-05-2013 12:35 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(11-05-2013 10:08 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Hashtag, NYC could give a 01-rivals about anything outside of NYC. So what NYC cares about is kind of irrelevant in the national picture.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. You'd be amazed at how often science fiction becomes fact over time.

Arthur C. Clarke fully described satellite communications in 1939. It was science fiction when he wrote it. Today it's a fact of life.
That's true.... The government says aliens are pure fiction, but I see them every time I drink twelve Bud Lights.03-shhhh
11-05-2013 12:39 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(11-05-2013 12:39 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 10:08 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Hashtag, NYC could give a 01-rivals about anything outside of NYC. So what NYC cares about is kind of irrelevant in the national picture.

That's true.... The government says aliens are pure fiction, but I see them every time I drink twelve Bud Lights.03-shhhh

Dang Medic, if I saw the government every time I had a few beers I'd give it up. The aliens wouldn't bother me as long as they came BYOB. The government never comes BYOB.
11-05-2013 12:45 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(11-05-2013 12:45 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(11-05-2013 12:39 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  

Dang Medic, if I saw the government every time I had a few beers I'd give it up. The aliens wouldn't bother me as long as they came BYOB. The government never comes BYOB.

[Image: its-not-aliens-but-im-almost-certain-tha...aliens.jpg]
07-coffee3
11-05-2013 12:58 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.