Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Piss Poor Coaching
Bookmark and Share
TigerNation82 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Towson
Piss Poor Coaching
Up 31-10 and we get our ass handed to us in the 4th quarter in our house. Sad. To lose like that at home is a mental breakdown and a program changer in the wrong way.

Ambrose going for it on 4th down and calling that play was just bad. Odds are what you should have done was punt the damn football and trust your defense when playing at home. Best running back in school history and offense could not get a carry on the last drive when the game was on the line and yards mattered most. Was West hurt or were we just resting him? Brutal. That play calling on the last drive was poor and the personnel is not what you want on the field in that scenario. Jammer got his stuff jammed up his backside.

Another missed FG with horrid special teams execution. Not even going to push this one. It's horrible.

Now the playoffs are in question for us with another loss as we are not going to be in the top 3 in the CAA if we lose 1 more. Lose two more and we could be in 5th place. CAA is not getting 4-5 teams in. MF crap.

William & Mary actually plays defense.

God damnit!
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 09:40 PM by TigerNation82.)
11-02-2013 09:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

RE: Piss Poor Coaching
(11-02-2013 09:32 PM)TigerNation82 Wrote:  Up 31-10 and we get our ass handed to us in the 4th quarter in our house. Sad. To lose like that at home is a mental breakdown and a program changer in the wrong way.

Ambrose going for it on 4th down and calling that play was just bad. Odds are what you should have done was punt the damn football and trust your defense when playing at home. Best running back in school history and offense could not get a carry on the last drive when the game was on the line and yards mattered most. Was West hurt or were we just resting him? Brutal. That play calling on the last drive was poor and the personnel is not what you want on the field in that scenario. Jammer got his stuff jammed up his backside.

Another missed FG with horrid special teams execution. Not even going to push this one. It's horrible.

Now the playoffs are in question for us with another loss as we are not going to be in the top 3 in the CAA if we lose 1 more. Lose two more and we could be in 5th place. CAA is not getting 4-5 teams in. MF crap.

William & Mary actually plays defense.

God damnit!

Can't disagree. W&M might have the best defense in the nation in FCS. We need at least one more win because our 8 wins are looking worse and worse.
11-02-2013 10:58 PM
TigerNation82 Offline
Bench Warmer

Let's look at this post game quote from Ambrose.

Regrading the Towson run pass ratio (50-19)

"A little bit of us being ahead. There's a mentality that when your three scores ahead, you don't play pass, you don't run it up on people. That's who we are. You saw their offense at the end of the game. If we keep running the ball and running it well, that offense doesn't show up and there's nothing at the end of the game. IN fast review hindsight, We didn't run it enough. We didn't run the clock enough."

"You don't run it up on people. That's who we are."

Boy our mindset has shifted since the Holy Cross, Delaware State and Albany games, but heck, those guys are not our arch rivals so by all means, when we play Delaware, we need to let them save face and not run up the score? JFC Ambrose. Heading into tonight's game we had outscored people 76-22 in the 4th quarter and we were 8-1, which means that we were dropping the hammer on people. Then tonight we go into the prevent offense. Great plan.

Delaware has now beaten us 10 out of the last 15 games. Hey Rob, the way to win attention is to run it up on those guys when you have the chance. They do not consider us a rival or respect us in any way. We have beaten them 5 times out of 15 games in history so we are not on their radar as a rival. You are 1-4 against them and their fans made fun of your arrogance leaving the stadium.

Running up the score on us sure as heck never stopped them, but that's who THEY, DELAWARE, IS, a program who you yourself said in your opening quote "I have tremendous respect for that program." Guess what, they do not respect you after giving up 14 points in under a minute.

Do you remember your first two games against Delaware? The two games won by Delaware by a combined score of 97-21. Don't guess they minded running up the count as they were also playing at a national championship level then. I thought that is where you had us now? Evidently not.

Come to think about it, during the UConn game we were passing inside the red zone in the last few minutes of the game, so why were were laying the hammer down against UConn, running the clock down, and keeping West in the game there, and here against Delaware we are calling off the dogs and sitting the best player in the history of the school and the presumptive Payton Award winner? I guess you had something to aim for there at UConn and wanted to make a point. Well you did NOT do a great job last night and your lack of fortitude cost us dearly in a game we should have won going away.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 10:43 AM by TigerNation82.)
11-03-2013 05:34 AM
mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

(11-03-2013 05:34 AM)TigerNation82 Wrote:  Let's look at this post game quote from Ambrose.

Regrading the Towson run pass ratio (50-19)

"A little bit of us being ahead. There's a mentality that when your three scores ahead, you don't play pass, you don't run it up on people. That's who we are. You saw their offense at the end of the game. If we keep running the ball and running it well, that offense doesn't show up and there's nothing at the end of the game. IN fast review hindsight, We didn't run it enough. We didn't run the clock enough."

"You don't run it up on people. That's who we are."

Boy our mindset has shifted since the Holy Cross, Delaware State and Albany games, but heck, those guys are not our arch rivals so by all means, when we play Delaware, we need to let them save face and not run up the score? JFC Ambrose. Heading into tonight's game we had outscored people 76-22 in the 4th quarter and we were 8-1, which means that we were dropping the hammer on people. Then tonight we go into the prevent offense. Great plan.

Delaware has now beaten us 10 out of the last 15 games. Hey Rob, the way to win attention is to run it up on those guys when you have the chance. They do not consider us a rival or respect us in any way. We have beaten them 5 times out of 15 games in history so we are not on their radar as a rival. You are 1-4 against them and their fans made fun of your arrogance leaving the stadium.

Running up the score on us sure as heck never stopped them, but that's who THEY, DELAWARE, IS, a program who you yourself said in your opening quote "I have tremendous respect for that program." Guess what, they do not respect you after giving up 14 points in under a minute.

Do you remember your first two games against Delaware? The two games won by Delaware by a combined score of 97-21. Don't guess they minded running up the count as they were also playing at a national championship level then. I thought that is where you had us now? Evidently not.

Come to think about it, during the UConn game we were passing inside the red zone in the last few minutes of the game, so why were were laying the hammer down against UConn, running the clock down, and keeping West in the game there, and here against Delaware we are calling off the dogs and sitting the best player in the history of the school and the presumptive Payton Award winner? I guess you had something to aim for there at UConn and wanted to make a point. Well you did NOT do a great job last night and your lack of fortitude cost us dearly in a game we should have won going away.

I was there. I expected him to be a little more angry and take more responsibility. We scored a touchdown with 51 seconds left against Albany and their fans were booing.

Nobody knows why he was taking offensive linemen out late in the game.
11-03-2013 10:53 AM
Advertisement

TigerNation82 Offline
Bench Warmer

He took kids out because he was doing a victory lap with the backups and it bit him in the ass. So, it was, Piss Poor Coaching. This type of stuff has been an on going issue. It's not anything new. Last year it was his immature handling of Terrance West and holding him out of the Old Dominion game that cost us a real chance at winning. If you think back over the last 3 years we have lost home games against Delaware and Lehigh in 2011, ODU in 2012, and now Villanova and Delaware this year. When this program seems to be going in theright direction, they bend over and lose. Then, when we are up against the wall and all seems to be lost, like the last 4 games last year, we come out like gangbusters. We were not worried about racking up 64 points at UNH last year when something was on the line or 41 the previous week against URI. Now all of a sudden against Delaware at home we are up 21 in the 4th quarter and he takes out West to put in Victor and showcase his depth, he puts in the backup OL? Did he let the field hockey coach some in and run the team too? 01-lauramac2
11-03-2013 11:09 AM
mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

(11-03-2013 11:09 AM)TigerNation82 Wrote:  He took kids out because he was doing a victory lap with the backups and it bit him in the ass. So, it was, Piss Poor Coaching. This type of stuff has been an on going issue. It's not anything new. Last year it was his immature handling of Terrance West and holding him out of the Old Dominion game that cost us a real chance at winning. If you think back over the last 3 years we have lost home games against Delaware and Lehigh in 2011, ODU in 2012, and now Villanova and Delaware this year. When this program seems to be going in theright direction, they bend over and lose. Then, when we are up against the wall and all seems to be lost, like the last 4 games last year, we come out like gangbusters. We were not worried about racking up 64 points at UNH last year when something was on the line or 41 the previous week against URI. Now all of a sudden against Delaware at home we are up 21 in the 4th quarter and he takes out West to put in Victor and showcase his depth, he puts in the backup OL? Did he let the field hockey coach some in and run the team too? 01-lauramac2

Huh? West is an entirely different issue speaking about immaturity on his part. And he didn't do it to showcase depth, West was legitimately hurt but he probably could have played. While I agree about last night, you are taking this an entirely different direction. We are 8-2 and have won 8 straight road games. This isn't the same old Towson, no matter how poorly we played and were coached last night.

And if you want to jump on somebody, might want to look at the DC. Now we've seen that story before.
11-03-2013 01:57 PM
FireHas..t Offline
Water Engineer

Blame belongs to the O and coaching of the O. I think Ambrose was showing off as I would not describe his character as someone who would not run it up. Does he think of himself as the great coach of all coaches who is too big does not need to run it up? Yeah he does think he is the great one. Arrogant b.....
11-03-2013 02:36 PM
Advertisement

mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

(11-03-2013 02:36 PM)FireHas..t Wrote:  Blame belongs to the O and coaching of the O. I think Ambrose was showing off as I would not describe his character as someone who would not run it up. Does he think of himself as the great coach of all coaches who is too big does not need to run it up? Yeah he does think he is the great one. Arrogant b.....

I have no idea what that means, being too arrogant to run it up. So you're saying that Mickey Matthews and K.C. Keeler were not arrogant when they ran it up on us all those years? There's a classy way of not running it up against teams that are INFERIOR to yours. Then there's a way of pounding a talented team into submission and then kneeling on the ground with a 3 TD lead with 1 minute left.

There's nothing wrong with being classy. That's not being arrogant. We've been on the other side of many of those ass kickings over the years. Two wrongs do not make a right. The problem is knowing your opponent and not overestimating your own defensive scortcomings.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 03:29 PM by mat1992.)
11-03-2013 03:27 PM
TigerNation82 Offline
Bench Warmer

Out side of the Villanova and UNH games how many of those road wins were against teams with winning records? 0. Wins are wins but let's be real.
11-03-2013 04:17 PM
FireHas..t Offline
Water Engineer

Matt I am apologizing for ranting incoherently. Finding fault with how the last quarter O was coached is fair game but I did stretch it into a rant about Ambrose. Of course it is incorrect to find one component at fault for a loss as many reasons contribute to a loss. Just do not see much reason to call for the D to take the fall for this loss .
11-03-2013 08:51 PM
Advertisement

mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

(11-03-2013 04:17 PM)TigerNation82 Wrote:  Out side of the Villanova and UNH games how many of those road wins were against teams with winning records? 0. Wins are wins but let's be real.

Yes, let's be real. So you're right, they should have beaten LSU and then JMU coming off that game.
11-03-2013 09:20 PM
TigerNation82 Offline
Bench Warmer

JMU last year absolutely should've been a win. That game we 100% blew. Chaos on the sidelines and another arrogant display by the coach with play calls and sub patterns.
11-03-2013 09:57 PM
mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

(11-03-2013 09:57 PM)TigerNation82 Wrote:  JMU last year absolutely should've been a win. That game we 100% blew. Chaos on the sidelines and another arrogant display by the coach with play calls and sub patterns.

Yup, Ambrose's arrogance lost the game not Hachmann's prevent BS at the end.

The kids played hard that game. Coming off that LSU game, that was one of the toughest road conference games we've ever had to play.

And Enders might have played his worst game of the year.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 11:40 PM by mat1992.)
11-03-2013 11:31 PM
Advertisement

mat1992 Offline
Special Teams

(11-03-2013 08:51 PM)FireHas..t Wrote:  Matt I am apologizing for ranting incoherently. Finding fault with how the last quarter O was coached is fair game but I did stretch it into a rant about Ambrose. Of course it is incorrect to find one component at fault for a loss as many reasons contribute to a loss. Just do not see much reason to call for the D to take the fall for this loss .

I get it. Everybody is pissed. I want to make the playoffs now. Maybe get a home game. We should be 10-0. There's no reason why we can't win both games barring a huge injury like T-West.
11-03-2013 11:42 PM
TowsonTexasTiger Offline
Water Engineer

The test of a team's character and their coaching staff's ability to motivate is how they play in the second half after adjustments are made. That area was woefully deficient on Saturday night. Another good test is how a team responds after a tough loss. The William and Mary game is a judgement day of sorts for these Tigers as they have a full 13 days to think about that loss before going in to play a tough Tribe team with a strong defense, on their turf. Towson is 3-1 under Ambrose after open dates and has won two straight over William & Mary. The Tribe used to be a kingpin in the CAA but has been down the last two years. Looks like they may be back and in this case looking for some glory in beating Towson, a true reversal of fortunes from several years ago. Could be the game of the year in the CAA as one of these teams will be headed to the playoffs with a win and the other could be on the edge of not making the field altogether. Towson has to come out with their best game of the year, start to finish, or I believe we could be in for a long day and early offseason.

Don't discount the veteran coaches we are up against in the last two weeks and it's betting with house money that both of them are licking their chops for the chance to punch Rob out of the postseason hunt. This is a big game on and off the field for recruiting too, and we cannot afford to have 4 losses to our nearest rivals (Nova, UD, W&M and JMU) and not expect this to have a major impact on recruiting. I hope our coaches reach deep down and address the nagging issues that this group has battled because it appears that while extremely talented, that our players and coaches lack the hard nosed mental discipline to rise up. Physically they are likely with no equal, but mentally they have left doubts for the past 4 seasons in key defining moments. Often we beat ourselves more than the opposing team beats us.
11-04-2013 08:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.