Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Miami/FSU
stever20 Online
Legend

I Root For: Sports
Miami/FSU
We got a game here my friends.... 21-14 at the half. And Miami gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

I did kind of wonder if Miami had another gear that they could go to. It appears as if the answer may very well be yes...
11-02-2013 08:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
RE: Miami/FSU
They've shown this year that they can pull out a win when they're behind early, but then again Wake Forest/UNC are not FSU.
11-02-2013 08:56 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
We'll see. FSU might make some halftime adjustments to put the game away too. Only time will tell.
11-02-2013 08:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC
Either way, the Canes came to play which is good for the league. The Clemson debacle didn't look good. You can't have 37 points separating the 1st and 2nd place teams.
11-02-2013 09:05 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

(11-02-2013 09:05 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  Either way, the Canes came to play which is good for the league. The Clemson debacle didn't look good. You can't have 37 points separating the 1st and 2nd place teams.

it's good/not good. FSU unless they can open a can of whoop ass here the 2nd half won't get the big poll boost they were needing to get here.
11-02-2013 09:23 PM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

(11-02-2013 09:23 PM)stever20 Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 09:05 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  Either way, the Canes came to play which is good for the league. The Clemson debacle didn't look good. You can't have 37 points separating the 1st and 2nd place teams.

it's good/not good. FSU unless they can open a can of whoop ass here the 2nd half won't get the big poll boost they were needing to get here.

Sure they will. You have to remember they only beat BC by 14 points. They don't need to destroy Miami, just win comfortably. That will also set up a somewhat interesting rematch in the ACCCG.
11-02-2013 09:33 PM
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
Take it from me, now is not the time to go prevent and stop trying to score.03-puke
11-02-2013 09:50 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

it'll be interesting to see the polls tomorrow. I don't know they convinced anyone today more than they would have been convinced already.

The biggest thing that is positive for FSU is they got by the toughest test left. Alabama and Oregon still have theirs left.
11-02-2013 10:52 PM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

Why do you discount Florida? The game is in Gainesville. It's a rivalry game. Winston is still a RS Freshman. Playing in that environment is still going to be very tough. You don't think the Gators will pull out all the stops to ruin FSU's season? If FSU destroys Florida in Gainesville, the debate should be over.
11-02-2013 11:01 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

Florida has 4 losses(3 in a row) and could if they fall next week to Vandy not even make a bowl game. It's hardly a debate ender. At best, they would be 6-6.
11-02-2013 11:10 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(11-02-2013 11:01 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  Why do you discount Florida? The game is in Gainesville. It's a rivalry game. Winston is still a RS Freshman. Playing in that environment is still going to be very tough. You don't think the Gators will pull out all the stops to ruin FSU's season? If FSU destroys Florida in Gainesville, the debate should be over.

UF very well could be sub .500 coming into that game. Their offense is horrid enough that Vandy could give them fits, especially if there is a hangover from today, and they should lose to South Carolina in Columbia. If Florida is sitting on 5 wins and FSU remains unbeaten I can't imagine a situation where The Swamp would come anywhere close to matching the atmosphere Winston faced pretty damn well a few weeks back in Death Valley.
11-02-2013 11:12 PM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(11-02-2013 11:01 PM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  Why do you discount Florida? The game is in Gainesville. It's a rivalry game. Winston is still a RS Freshman. Playing in that environment is still going to be very tough. You don't think the Gators will pull out all the stops to ruin FSU's season? If FSU destroys Florida in Gainesville, the debate should be over.

You're kidding, right? Florida already has four losses. That game won't mean squat from a national point of view.
11-02-2013 11:29 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
UF has serious issues going forward. Mostly injuries. Seem to wear down as games progress. Miami looked good for 3 quarters but FSU showing They are a legitimate top 4 team. Oregon and Stanford game looming large next week. Could see FSU in NCG.
11-02-2013 11:31 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

(11-02-2013 11:31 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  UF has serious issues going forward. Mostly injuries. Seem to wear down as games progress. Miami looked good for 3 quarters but FSU showing They are a legitimate top 4 team. Oregon and Stanford game looming large next week. Could see FSU in NCG.

I could easily see FSU in the title game as well. But, it's going to have to come because Oregon and or Alabama lost a game. I just don't see them having the juice necessary to pass those schools end of the year.

heck, I think if they make the title game they very well quite possibly will win the title game! I think they're that good.
11-02-2013 11:35 PM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

UF-FSU is one of the best rivalries in college football. Florida would love nothing more than to ruin FSU's season. That game is a trap game for FSU....on the road...SEC environment...against one of your main rivals.

And did you happen to notice who Florida's 4 losses are against...Missouri, Miami, Georgia, LSU. All teams that have spent time in the top 10 and they still have to play South Carolina. The Georgia and Miami games were close. The LSU game was one possession until midway through the 4th quarter. The Missouri game was 23-17 going into the 4th quarter. You guys act like Florida is just lying down and letting people walk all over them. Their QB situation is terrible and they are still competitive.
11-03-2013 08:08 AM
Hokie4Skins Offline
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
Death Valley at its wildest didn't phase Winston and the 'noles. I don't think the Swamp will, either.
11-03-2013 08:51 AM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(11-03-2013 08:08 AM)jaminandjachin Wrote:  UF-FSU is one of the best rivalries in college football. Florida would love nothing more than to ruin FSU's season. That game is a trap game for FSU....on the road...SEC environment...against one of your main rivals.

And did you happen to notice who Florida's 4 losses are against...Missouri, Miami, Georgia, LSU. All teams that have spent time in the top 10 and they still have to play South Carolina. The Georgia and Miami games were close. The LSU game was one possession until midway through the 4th quarter. The Missouri game was 23-17 going into the 4th quarter. You guys act like Florida is just lying down and letting people walk all over them. Their QB situation is terrible and they are still competitive.

I don't doubt that Florida represents a tricky challenge, a trap game, for FSU. Florida still has blue-chip talent, and they would love to ruin FSU's season.

All I am saying is that because Florida will be unranked and with at least 4 losses, FSU will not get any boost in the human polls from beating them. It just will not be viewed by human voters as a significant victory.
11-03-2013 10:28 AM
TrojanCampaign Offline
All American

I Root For: USC, AAMU,
(11-02-2013 11:29 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  

You're kidding, right? Florida already has four losses. That game won't mean squat from a national point of view.

I still cannot understand this guys ACC cheerleader syndrome. I told him before even if FSU goes above Oregon today they will just go right back below after Oregon beats Stanford who would demolish Miami.

Furthermore, the rest of the teams FSU plays are very weak Wake Forest, Syracuse, Idaho, and Florida. There is a good chance non of the teams will even be 6-6 this year. On the other hand Oregon plays Stanford (7-1), Utah, Arizona (6-2), Oregon State (6-3), and the Pac-12 Championship against UCLA or Arizona State who are also 6-2 right now.
11-03-2013 10:44 AM
jaminandjachin Offline
All American

(11-03-2013 10:44 AM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 11:29 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  

I still cannot understand this guys ACC cheerleader syndrome. I told him before even if FSU goes above Oregon today they will just go right back below after Oregon beats Stanford who would demolish Miami.

Furthermore, the rest of the teams FSU plays are very weak Wake Forest, Syracuse, Idaho, and Florida. There is a good chance non of the teams will even be 6-6 this year. On the other hand Oregon plays Stanford (7-1), Utah, Arizona (6-2), Oregon State (6-3), and the Pac-12 Championship against UCLA or Arizona State who are also 6-2 right now.

I am very much aware if Oregon beats Stanford they will jump back over FSU. However, I don't think the gap is as wide as you guys claim. Oregon's schedule is taking a hit week by week. Oregon St just lost at home to USC by 17 points and they still have to play @ ASU and Washington before they even get to Oregon. By that game, Oregon St is looking at 6-5. The teams you listed above for the Pac all still have to play each other. Your South Division champ may roll into the PAC12 CG at 8-4. So quit giving me their current records. It's going to change big time.

As for FSU and Oregon, Oregon had better not struggle in any of their games.
11-03-2013 01:20 PM
stever20 Online
Legend

remaining schedules:
FSU 13-21
Ore 23-10

Also, FSU has to pray that Miami beats Va Tech. Otherwise, FSU would be looking at either Va Tech or Duke in the title game.

FSU has no chance unless Oregon loses.
11-03-2013 01:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.