Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tulane is on the rise
Bookmark and Share
MJG Offline
1st String

I Root For: U I , UMich, SC
Tulane is on the rise
Tulane being invited to the Big East was widely criticized .
Terrible team playing in a over sized NFL stadium for a bad game day experience .
Despite a history that includes SEC membership and great academics and plenty of money.

One year later they might win C-USA and a on campus stadium is being built. The momentum of the new stadium along with good coaching could turn them into a AAC power. Depending how long the Big 12 waits to add teams they might become a candidate .
11-02-2013 08:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CajunExpress Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Tulane is on the rise
(11-02-2013 08:33 AM)MJG Wrote:   Tulane being invited to the Big East was widely criticized .
Terrible team playing in a over sized NFL stadium for a bad game day experience .
Despite a history that includes SEC membership and great academics and plenty of money.

One year later they might win C-USA and a on campus stadium is being built. The momentum of the new stadium along with good coaching could turn them into a AAC power. Depending how long the Big 12 waits to add teams they might become a candidate .

Ha, you make me laugh this morning. Have you looked at the teams they have beaten. Really only ECU is decent. If going to the AAC is an instant fix, how come Tulsa who has been good forever sucks?

I mean really look at the teams TooLame has beaten and even the circumstances. Now a win, is a win, is a win. I just do not see this as the coming back of TooLame. Even in these wins against really bad teams, a play here or there changes the course of the game. We are talking LTUR, a broken down Browning ULM, Tulsa, and today a coach less FAU who was favored by more but is still favored.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foot...las-vegas/

Now if you said the football gods have smiled on the TooLamers you would be dead on right.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 08:52 AM by CajunExpress.)
11-02-2013 08:37 AM
Louisianafanrcajun90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
(11-02-2013 08:33 AM)MJG Wrote:   Tulane being invited to the Big East was widely criticized .

IF they can get the people around St. Charles to put down their purple and gold I will buy into it. So far they have just beat a bunch of bad teams in bad conferences.07-coffee3
11-02-2013 08:45 AM
DTD343 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisiana
(11-02-2013 08:45 AM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  

IF they can get the people around St. Charles to put down their purple and gold I will buy into it. So far they have just beat a bunch of bad teams in bad conferences.07-coffee3

I hope we get a shot at them in the NOLA bowl. It's sad that we will bring more fans to there home field. 03-lmfao
11-02-2013 09:25 AM
MJG Offline
1st String

I Root For: U I , UMich, SC
A winning season and new stadium are big steps in the right direction .
The positive factors Tulane academics, market, endowment and SEC history .
Those are impossible for other contenders to match .

The negative factors winning and bad stadium situation.
The stadium issue is over with an on campus right sized stadium .
Winning that is not guaranteed for anybody but the invest in winning is obviously increasing NEW STADIUM .

I know its a bunch of what ifs as far as winning .
Two in state conference schools probably have interest in what happens at Tulane. A long shot at best but I would have thought that about the AAC .
11-02-2013 09:50 AM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
I agree with other posters here that Tulane has a long way to go. A stadium on campus should help, but as MJG has correctly pointed out, New Orleans is purple and gold.

Many years ago when I did a lot of business in New Orleans I'd always tune in to the local station to catch traffic reports. When the sports news would come on it was the Saints first, LSU second, and Tulane somewhere down the line if a mention was even made.

As for the comment about the Big 12 eventually looking at the Wave, I suspect they'd be treated like that New Orleans radio station always treated them......third or fourth on the list.
11-02-2013 09:50 AM
Advertisement

JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(11-02-2013 09:25 AM)DTD343 Wrote:  

I hope we get a shot at them in the NOLA bowl. It's sad that we will bring more fans to there home field. 03-lmfao

*Their

1. Your fan base is bigger
2. This is/wouldbe your Super Bowl/thebestyoucando
3. You live in Laffy, where there is 1/5th the competition entertainment wise
4. You haven't had 11 straight losing seasons
11-02-2013 01:25 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

And is a ULL fan really trying to schedule smack talk?
11-02-2013 01:28 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Tulane is not going to the Big 12. I don't think Texas would allow that to happen. The Conference Realignment board loves to mention Memphis to the Big 12 as well, which is just as unlikely.

That being said, Tulane should be able to complete in an AAC without Rutgers and Louisville.
11-02-2013 01:58 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
6-2 (4-0)...billion dollar endowment...Yulman stadium...joining the AAC...good time to be a Tulane fan.

[Image: D4CA4AFA54710015B0EB365D.jpg?Status=Mast...p;sfvrsn=2]
11-02-2013 02:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Savacool Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulane
Texas was the program that initially brought Tulane to the attention of the Big 12
11-02-2013 02:02 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-02-2013 02:02 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Texas was the program that initially brought Tulane to the attention of the Big 12

That's frightening.
11-02-2013 02:03 PM
1st String

(11-02-2013 01:25 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  

*Their

1. Your fan base is bigger. We are a much bigger school.

1. True our fan base is larger
2. This wouldn't be our Super Bowl unless you mean it would be a blowout in favor of UL.
3. You assume only people from Lafayette are UL alumni. I along with tens of thousands of alumni live in the New Orleans area. We are scattered throughout the state, region and nation. To be fair, your alumni are scattered throughout the east coast.
4. You sure about that? Between the last years of Stokely, then the short tenure of Baldwin and lastly Bustle, I'm thinking it was more like 15 years. I went to two games for the Bowden year and you didn't have more than 25,000 in the dome.
11-02-2013 02:10 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(11-02-2013 02:10 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  

*Their

2. This wouldn't be our Super Bowl unless you mean it would be a blowout in favor of UL.
3. You assume only people from Lafayette are UL alumni. I along with tens of thousands of alumni live in the New Orleans area. We are scattered throughout the state, region and nation. To be fair, your alumni are scattered throughout the east coast.
4. You sure about that? Between the last years of Stokely, then the short tenure of Baldwin and lastly Bustle, I'm thinking it was more like 15 years. I went to two games for the Bowden year and you didn't have more than 25,000 in the dome.

Which is why Yulman stadium is so important. Getting Tulane football back on campus will get the students engaged with their football team...and they're not overbuilding with Yulman...there's no reason they can't start selling out home games.
11-02-2013 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1st String

(11-02-2013 02:01 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  6-2 (4-0)...billion dollar endowment...Yulman stadium...joining the AAC...good time to be a Tulane fan.

[Image: D4CA4AFA54710015B0EB365D.jpg?Status=Mast...p;sfvrsn=2]

No doubt, it's a nice looking computer image. I'm old enough to remember when the Super Dome was being built and it was suppose to raise Tulane's attendance, national respect, huge recruiting tool and get the Greenies to the next level. We all know how that turned out.

Again, IF you can have a good team long enough in that new stadium, you have a shot at getting the locals behind you. I believe the key are the folks that live around $t. Charles. Many were none to happy about the stadium.
11-02-2013 02:29 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

I Root For: Cajuns
What will the seating capacity of the new stadium be?
11-02-2013 02:30 PM
Advertisement

JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

*Their

I meant leading up to this particular bowl game. And yes, this matchup is/wouldbe as good as it gets for ULL.
11-02-2013 02:31 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(11-02-2013 02:30 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  What will the seating capacity of the new stadium be?

30k. About 27-30k seats but likely 27k.
11-02-2013 02:32 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(11-02-2013 02:03 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 02:02 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Texas was the program that initially brought Tulane to the attention of the Big 12

That's frightening.

Texas w/ Mack Brown was pushing for Tulane actually. So it is far from a long shot. Can't remember which school put its foot down but it wasn't a powerhouse.
11-02-2013 02:33 PM
1st String

(11-02-2013 02:14 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 08:45 AM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  IF they can get the people around St. Charles to put down their purple and gold I will buy into it. So far they have just beat a bunch of bad teams in bad conferences.07-coffee3

*Their

Which is why Yulman stadium is so important. Getting Tulane football back on campus will get the students engaged with their football team...and they're not overbuilding with Yulman...there's no reason they can't start selling out home games.

I didn't mean to suggest Tulane was overbuilding. Your student population is less than 9,000. Let's assume that 100% of the student body shows up. You've got to win over the locals. The new stadium is worth a shot.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 02:34 PM by Louisianafanrcajun90.)
11-02-2013 02:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.