Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

[split] Looks like great weather for tomorrow nights game!
Bookmark and Share
Pastnerized Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TIGERS
[split] Looks like great weather for tomorrow nights game!
(10-29-2013 12:02 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  
(10-29-2013 11:48 AM)boss man Wrote:  Okay, folks, that excuse is now volleyball-spiked. Come to the game and support your TIGERS.

People don't need excuses. If someone doesn't want to buy the product (i.e. purchase a ticket) on Wednesday night for whatever reason, they don't have to.

I find it comical that those who go to the game will inevitably criticize those who don't. I'm not going because I'd rather watch the Sox close out the Cardinals and flip back and forth between the Tigers game and some NBA games. Is it my fault you are going to spend money on a product that not more than 20K others will? You either A) accept that you like a product (enough to give your time and money for it) that not many other people do (at least not enough to give time and money) or B) you invest in another product that lots of people like (take your pick of SEC football programs.

Tired of this blame game for attendance. The fans are the consumers. They are not obligated to do anything. As a consumer, it's not my job to make a product better. That's the company's (or, in this case, the school's) job.

Fuente gets paid a lot of money. His assistant coaches make nice salaries. Many of the players are getting scholarships by playing football. Those who walk on CHOSE to walk on because they like playing football.

As a fan, I don't have to do anything. I choose (or not choose) to spend my money to see them if I want to.

If your are going to the game on Wednesday, that's dandy. I don't care what you do. So please, reciprocate and don't give me crap for not liking the team as much as you do.

# of people attending Tiger fb game: 15,000-20,000.
# of people who want to be Timinmemphis23: 0

Conclusion: Even for free, you, tim in mem, are a waste of space.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 07:11 PM by Pastnerized.)
10-29-2013 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TiminMem23 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Looks like great weather for tomorrow nights game!
[quote='covingtontiger' pid='9925521' dateline='1383090896']
Someone once said "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem".

I choose to provide support and encouragement. You choose to not do so. So be it

So be it. Keep complaining that no one else supports the thing you want them
to.
10-29-2013 07:11 PM
TiminMem23 Offline
All American

(10-29-2013 07:11 PM)Pastnerized Wrote:  
(10-29-2013 12:02 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  [quote='boss man' pid='9923605' dateline='1383065304']
Okay, folks, that excuse is now volleyball-spiked. Come to the game and support your TIGERS.

People don't need excuses. If someone doesn't want to buy the product (i.e. purchase a ticket) on Wednesday night for whatever reason, they don't have to.

I find it comical that those who go to the game will inevitably criticize those who don't. I'm not going because I'd rather watch the Sox close out the Cardinals and flip back and forth between the Tigers game and some NBA games. Is it my fault you are going to spend money on a product that not more than 20K others will? You either A) accept that you like a product (enough to give your time and money for it) that not many other people do (at least not enough to give time and money) or B) you invest in another product that lots of people like (take your pick of SEC football programs.

Tired of this blame game for attendance. The fans are the consumers. They are not obligated to do anything. As a consumer, it's not my job to make a product better. That's the company's (or, in this case, the school's) job.

Fuente gets paid a lot of money. His assistant coaches make nice salaries. Many of the players are getting scholarships by playing football. Those who walk on CHOSE to walk on because they like playing football.

As a fan, I don't have to do anything. I choose (or not choose) to spend my money to see them if I want to.

If your are going to the game on Wednesday, that's dandy. I don't care what you do. So please, reciprocate and don't give me crap for not liking the team as much as you do.

Conclusion: Even for free, you, tim in mem, are a waste of

Enjoy the game tomorrow :-)
10-29-2013 07:13 PM
Pastnerized Offline
Heisman

(10-29-2013 07:13 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  
(10-29-2013 12:02 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  [quote='boss man' pid='9923605' dateline='1383065304']
Okay, folks, that excuse is now volleyball-spiked. Come to the game and support your TIGERS.

Also, if you don't like the team as much as others, you don't want to go to games; why do you hang out on a Tiger fanboard?

Just peeling back the layers here. I have yet to read a post of yours that shows any love for the Tigers. Curious here.
10-29-2013 07:20 PM
Advertisement

TiminMem23 Offline
All American

(10-29-2013 07:20 PM)Pastnerized Wrote:  
(10-29-2013 07:13 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  

Also, if you don't like the team as much as others, you don't want to go to games; why do you hang out on a Tiger fanboard?

Just peeling back the layers here. I have yet to read a post of yours that shows any love for the Tigers. Curious here.

As I said in a previous post, I like sports and I graduated from
Memphis. I follow the football and bball team and attend some games. My point was that neither I, nor anyone else who won't be there tomorrow, owes it to the ones who will be there to go.
10-29-2013 07:26 PM
Pastnerized Offline
Heisman

RE: [split] Looks like great weather for tomorrow nights game!
Why do you even bother making that point? Every adult with a choice gets that.
No one is strong arming anyone to go.
But, if you are one of those that complains about lack of success of our programs and doesn't atten because you think it's a second rate product; raising the level of the program begins with game attendance.(for our purposes here)

If you attend games, and support your Memphis Tigers, KUDOS to you. Please try to influence others to do the same.
If your issue with attendance is this one game, who cares what you do on your couch. Many good fans don't attend from time to time. MANY, like me, live out of town and cannot regularly attend.

There's just no need for a good Tiger fan to give attitude and post such negativity, as you seem to do, on a regular basis.

AND just in case your motive is fanship of another team, or you are one of those sick individuals who seem to get off instigating things here: STFU and get off our board.
10-29-2013 08:48 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: [split] Looks like great weather for tomorrow nights game!
(10-29-2013 07:26 PM)TiminMem23 Wrote:  As I said in a previous post, I like sports and I graduated from
Memphis. I follow the football and bball team and attend some games. My point was that neither I, nor anyone else who won't be there tomorrow, owes it to the ones who will be there to go.

I agree with this, however I think that in retrospect you'll agree that this comment was a bit harsh for those that choose to attend:

Quote:...
Is it my fault you are going to spend money on a product that not more than 20K others will? You either A) accept that you like a product (enough to give your time and money for it) that not many other people do (at least not enough to give time and money) or B) you invest in another product that lots of people like (take your pick of SEC football programs.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 08:48 AM by oldtiger.)
10-29-2013 08:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.