Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Full recap of scrimmage
Bookmark and Share
memphisfan329 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Memphis
Full recap of scrimmage
There is a full recap of the 40-minute scrimmage today up on memphis.247sports.com

They wrote up bunch of stuff. Like that new style. 01-ncaabbs

I jioned for free on there with the trial
10-26-2013 04:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

memphis88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Full recap of scrimmage
Thanks, Brooks.
10-26-2013 09:35 PM
idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Mods need to delete this spam.
10-27-2013 10:21 AM
memphisfan329 Offline
Water Engineer

(10-27-2013 10:21 AM)idroot4russia Wrote:  Mods need to delete this spam.

Thanks for the warm welcome to your site.

Jim
10-27-2013 10:55 AM
Advertisement

NJ1 Offline
King of Kong

If memphisfan329 is not affiliated with 247 sports, then it is NOT spam.

Welcome!
10-27-2013 11:05 AM
450bench Offline

Even if it is Brooks, who cares? He's a good guy
10-27-2013 11:06 AM
Pastnerized Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TIGERS
(10-27-2013 10:55 AM)memphisfan329 Wrote:  

Jim

Just gtf out. That site has become almost worthless-unless you pay-which I did for a year or a little more.
In my time there, I learned, that for me, the "inside" info does not warrant pay.

The addition of Grant Milner is awesome. He's very good. More really good Tiger stuff to read. Kudos. Still, not worth paying for one more thing. I'm disgusted with all the paying.
10 bucks to read Tigers in the CA, 10 bucks to read Milner etc., 10 bucks to watch GTG. Not to mention having to pay to watch on cable.

It adds up. What's wrong with the old model of trying to grow your fan base/keep 'em happy by selling advertising?
It chaps my ass with all the greed. OOOOOO looky here, we discovered a NEW revenue stream.

How the hell do they think to grow the fan base when someone would have to pay to watch/listen. I'm sick of it.
They can count all the counter productive dollars they want. MINE will not be among them.

And, btw, I'm a former season ticket holder and small time donor to TSF and Highland Hundred.

I love me some Tigers; but I'm fed the hell up.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2013 11:15 AM by Pastnerized.)
10-27-2013 11:14 AM
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-27-2013 11:14 AM)Pastnerized Wrote:  
(10-27-2013 10:55 AM)memphisfan329 Wrote:  

Jim

Just gtf out. That site has become almost worthless-unless you pay-which I did for a year or a little more.
In my time there, I learned, that for me, the "inside" info does not warrant pay.

The addition of Grant Milner is awesome. He's very good. More really good Tiger stuff to read. Kudos. Still, not worth paying for one more thing. I'm disgusted with all the paying.

10 bucks to read Tigers in the CA, 10 bucks to read Milner etc., 10 bucks to watch GTG. Not to mention having to pay to watch on cable.

It adds up. What's wrong with the old model of trying to grow your fan base/keep 'em happy by selling advertising?

It chaps my ass with all the greed. OOOOOO looky here, we discovered a NEW revenue stream.

How the hell do they think to grow the fan base when someone would have to pay to watch/listen. I'm sick of it.
They can count all the counter productive dollars they want. MINE will not be among them.

And, btw, I'm a former season ticket holder and small time donor to TSF and Highland Hundred.

I love me some Tigers; but I'm fed the hell up.

You got a point there. I was just about to pull the trigger on paying for all of this last night and then after thinking about it I figured it was a waste of time and money in that eventually I can find out what I need to know if I'm patient
10-27-2013 11:23 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
I don't understand the animosity toward Roar on here (now Memphis.247sports.com, owned by CBS), or toward pay sites in general.

Rivals, Scout, ESPN, 247Sports and the CA all have pay sites, some strictly for recruiting info, and some for that plus general info. Three of these are Memphis specific: TigerSportsReport on Rivals, Memphis Roar on 247Sports, and the CA. Nobody ever says anything about TSR, but every time somebody posts any link to, or says anything about, Roar, people attack it. And the CA takes a lot of shots, too.

I use several of these sites, and they all serve a purpose. Brooks still manages Roar, and is a die hard Memphis fan and alum. The money from subscriptions all goes back into the site, to pay reporters, and to pay for trips to AAU events and the like. In fact, over the years, Brooks has paid a lot of money out of his own pocket to finance the site. He joined up with 247/CBS to stop the bleeding.

ALL sites, including the CA (which also does a good job), who pay people to follow the Tigers, have to charge for that info. Nobody is being forced to join, but for those who do, Roar provides a great service. Those who want to attack b/c they think somebody is getting rich, or for no reason, or just to be cool, are sadly misinformed.

If you don't want to pay for anything, that's your right. But don't be mad at others who do, or at the sites themselves. And yes, they have info worth paying for. Sometimes it's recruiting, but as the season starts, all those sites have reporters who are at practices, interview coaches and players, etc. Lately, there has been a lot of good stuff to read.

BTW, living in Atlanta, I'm a fan of that city's sports teams. Almost every single sports article there on the AJC is behind a pay wall. Ads no longer pay the freight (that only worked with the old newspaper business model, before the advent of online reporting), so that's the only way to make these sites sustainable.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2013 11:45 AM by TripleA.)
10-27-2013 11:26 AM
tigerdreamer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The TIGERS

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
^ This. Well said, TripleA
10-27-2013 11:40 AM
Advertisement

idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-27-2013 11:05 AM)NJ1 Wrote:  If memphisfan329 is not affiliated with 247 sports, then it is NOT spam.

Welcome!

The guy just joined and his very first post is about an article on another site which is a pay site and he just happens to mention the free trial. I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

The guy has 3 posts and 2 of them are in this thread.
10-27-2013 11:44 AM
tiger-viper Offline
All American

i subscribe to memphis roar. the tiger coverage is second to none. my brother mentioned to me that he was thinking of signing up for the online commercial appeal for tiger coverage. i told him his money would be better spent with memphis roar. it's worlds beyond the ca coverage. you cheapskates that think everything should be free can sit and spin.
10-27-2013 01:08 PM
Pastnerized Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TIGERS
(10-27-2013 11:26 AM)TripleA Wrote:  I don't understand the animosity toward Roar on here (now Memphis.247sports.com, owned by CBS), or toward pay sites in general.

Rivals, Scout, ESPN, 247Sports and the CA all have pay sites, some strictly for recruiting info, and some for that plus general info. Three of these are Memphis specific: TigerSportsReport on Rivals, Memphis Roar on 247Sports, and the CA. Nobody ever says anything about TSR, but every time somebody posts any link to, or says anything about, Roar, people attack it. And the CA takes a lot of shots, too.

I use several of these sites, and they all serve a purpose. Brooks still manages Roar, and is a die hard Memphis fan and alum. The money from subscriptions all goes back into the site, to pay reporters, and to pay for trips to AAU events and the like. In fact, over the years, Brooks has paid a lot of money out of his own pocket to finance the site. He joined up with 247/CBS to stop the bleeding.

ALL sites, including the CA (which also does a good job), who pay people to follow the Tigers, have to charge for that info. Nobody is being forced to join, but for those who do, Roar provides a great service. Those who want to attack b/c they think somebody is getting rich, or for no reason, or just to be cool, are sadly misinformed.

If you don't want to pay for anything, that's your right. But don't be mad at others who do, or at the sites themselves. And yes, they have info worth paying for. Sometimes it's recruiting, but as the season starts, all those sites have reporters who are at practices, interview coaches and players, etc. Lately, there has been a lot of good stuff to read.

BTW, living in Atlanta, I'm a fan of that city's sports teams. Almost every single sports article there on the AJC is behind a pay wall. Ads no longer pay the freight (that only worked with the old newspaper business model, before the advent of online reporting), so that's the only way to make these sites sustainable.
To be clear, I hold no animosity to Roar. Sorry my message/bitching was rather nebulous. I hold animosity to having to pay for everything these days AND having to sit through all the obnoxious advertising too.

AND the coverage isn't a nit as good as it used to be. Delays, freezes, bad focus, jumpy screens, no pregame show, no post game show( for out of towners-like me).
They get you(me) a little at a time; until I realized all this expenditure for 1/4 or less the enjoyment; and a whole bunch of aggravation.

It's time for a new vision, a new/old concept for reaching people and endearing them to your(someone's) product( our or anyone's{save a few} university; college sports).

If I had the means, I'd damn well come after greater revenue/growing the fan base this way.

Any school in our position will never have much larger numbers/contributors/interested parties without taking advantage of today's small world through mass communication/media.

The "greed" model will only work for the time being for those upper tier p5 schools with huge endowments and enormous fan bases.
And, I believe, there's a better than 50/50 chance that that model will lose it's luster with the masses in the next couple decades.

We must take responsibility for the growth of our programs in a way that would move many, many people to join us; not just follow along with the current blueprint as set by the media and the "big boys".

Now, I know Roar has little to nothing to do with this. NO animosity there. Brooks has carved his own niche; and it appeals to fans-and should. It appeals to me; and the pent up desires of fans (similar sites) across the nation.
10-27-2013 01:44 PM
Advertisement

hongkongtiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: tigers
I had to limit myself to one pay site and i went with the commercial appeal becuse I can keep up with other things in my hometown since i have not been there in over 15 years. I do have one b!tch about the site. if i am paying for it why am i subjected to all the pop up ads?
11-01-2013 10:54 PM
QuitoTiger Offline
¿Q' hubo, pues?

I have nothing against 'Roar, just can't seem to be able to login, and finally just gave up on it.
11-02-2013 06:17 PM
SayWhat? Offline
All American

I Root For: CIVILITY & UofM
(11-01-2013 10:54 PM)hongkongtiger Wrote:  I had to limit myself to one pay site and i went with the commercial appeal becuse I can keep up with other things in my hometown since i have not been there in over 15 years. I do have one b!tch about the site. if i am paying for it why am i subjected to all the pop up ads?

The pop up ads are free. You're on the bonus plan.
11-03-2013 03:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.