Bookmark and Share
crusher38 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USC and Toledo
Saban has lost his mind
http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ving-early

"you dont have to put in the work all week"

what?!

so someones degree in medicine or becoming a doctor takes a backseat to sticking around when you team is up by 55 in the 3rd?
10-26-2013 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Saban has lost his mind
Pretty much agree with him on most of his rant. If people are going to leave early, get the tickets to fans who want to stay for the whole game. Can't remember the last time I left a Rocket football game early - but can remember a lot of games when I wished I had....
10-26-2013 05:06 PM
tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo/Browns
I like it. This society is so hard to entertain. If they don't care put butts in the seats who will. Nice situation to have when you can control your seating in this manner. There are only a handful of teams that can do this.
10-26-2013 05:42 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-26-2013 11:31 AM)crusher38 Wrote:  http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ving-early

"you dont have to put in the work all week"

what?!

so someones degree in medicine or becoming a doctor takes a backseat to sticking around when you team is up by 55 in the 3rd?

I think this was a shot against the students - not the other fans and alums who support the program and may be doctors, etc. Unless I read it wrong.
10-27-2013 06:21 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
I suppose block seating is a privilege and if you aren't taking advantage of it why not open it up to others who will. This is Saban's living and butts in seats helps him win national championships.
10-27-2013 07:02 AM
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Saban has lost his mind
Hate to use ohio state as an example but my cousin was in their block o organization there. He had to be at the game early and couldn't leave until a little after the game. Was a requirement. I dont disagree with Saban.
10-27-2013 08:05 AM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I understand what the point is. This reader comment puts it in perspective:

"This was the first season the frats were able to block off seating so that only frat boys sit in the best seats...well when you look up, you know exactly who has left at halftime to go party across the street, leaving hundreds of students sitting at home wishing they had a ticket. i have two brothers at Bama, and the waiting list is LONG"
10-27-2013 09:43 AM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Saban has lost his mind
Can't fathom having a team that's going for their third straight title and people are leaving early. Typical in sports though. Fans get used to success and take it for granted.
10-27-2013 11:51 AM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
he sure is a great college football coach...
10-27-2013 12:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.